All Ireland u17 & u20 2022

Started by omagh_gael, April 22, 2022, 04:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onefineday

Quote from: galwayman on June 25, 2022, 03:05:22 PM
Played very well until the last 15 mins-ish.
Our kick outs almost cost us the game in that period.
Even with an extra man we lost pretty much every one of our own kick outs.
Still we'll take it. Up to that Galway we're by far the better team.
Derry kickout strategy in the first 15 mins of 2nd half was not good either.
I'd much prefer this being reverted to u18, that extra year adds a lot in terms of physical development and there's little obvious rationale behind continuing with this experiment imo. Causing huge issues countrywide at club level too.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 25, 2022, 03:19:25 PM
HT Mayo 1-5 Kerry 0-6. 20 minutes played Kerry led 5-1. A Mayo goal totally against the run of play has swung this contest.

Mayo all over the place before the goal. Still anyones game. Minor football is all about momentum.

Tubberman

Mayo don't look like the same team as they did in Connacht at all. Sloppy passing, getting cleaned in midfield. Still flashes of good play or individual moments but very disjointed in general
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2022, 03:39:17 PM
Mayo don't look like the same team as they did in Connacht at all. Sloppy passing, getting cleaned in midfield. Still flashes of good play or individual moments but very disjointed in general

When they played Galway, they went in as a blank page for their opponents. Kerry will have analysed their play and their key men to nullify .

Blowitupref

FT Mayo 1-8 Kerry 0-9. Strong finish to the 1st half proved the difference here. Great for Connacht football to have Connacht All-Ireland final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Both Mayo and Kerry poor. Mayo got more their share of calls from the Referee.
We'll take it, better to win a dour game than to lose a classic!

Loughshore2022

I never knew I had a distant cousin in the Galway team. McGlinchey is grandson of the well known Dominic McGlinchey. My mother is 2nd cousins with his wife who was killed.

seafoid

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on June 26, 2022, 02:07:54 AM
I never knew I had a distant cousin in the Galway team. McGlinchey is grandson of the well known Dominic McGlinchey. My mother is 2nd cousins with his wife who was killed.
Mary McGlinchey was from Toomebridge

TheMistro

Ridiculous Galway getting to final after losing 3 games.

Wildweasel74

Lose 3 games who to, Mayo twice? What way the minor set up in connacht

galwayman

Quote from: TheMistro on June 28, 2022, 09:52:01 AM
Ridiculous Galway getting to final after losing 3 games.
Sure it's a round robin system in Connacht. Galway were already through to the Connacht semi final and guaranteed home advantage before the final group game because they'd hammered Sligo & Roscommon. So they made 8 changes and lost that game.
Then lost the final. There has been a back door for provincial losers at minor level for years now.
Cork won the minor in 2019 having already lost twice to Kerry in Munster.
This is what can happen when round robin systems are used.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: smort on June 25, 2022, 02:26:09 PM
Galway looked dangerous when they played

Been a lot of good Galway youth recently, will it translate to senior? There was a boy hernon who got what looked like a bad injury on the throw-up a few years back, has he kicked on?

This will be Galway's 6th minor or u20/21 final in the last 6 years, won an u21 final in 2013 too but only Comer & Walsh still around from that team. Glynn, Patrick Kelly, & Tierney who started all won an u20 medal in 2020.

Hernon was still u20 this year but was injured, he did his cruciate on holiday. Not sure if that someone this year of last but he was always excellent anytime I've seen him.

Farrandeelin

Has there been a venue decided for the final?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TheMistro

Maroon Manc

Quote from: TheMistro on June 28, 2022, 10:29:08 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 28, 2022, 10:27:22 AM
Has there been a venue decided for the final?

Dr Hyde Park?

Down for the same day as the Galway Derry game, surely a bit of common sense and put it back a week.