Meath vs Mayo, Croke Park 21/7/19

Started by thejuice, July 14, 2019, 11:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

From the Bunker

Them were the days when no one questioned Meath's character. Gas how the roles have changed!

joemamas

Quote from: joemamas on July 14, 2019, 11:43:59 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 14, 2019, 11:37:13 PM

Was that necessary !

I hope that was not James Horan in the headlock, just remember, revenge is a dish best served cold.

thejuice

We have plenty of character but it's the talent department that I'd have more concern about. But we're slowly getting there. Good to get acquainted with Mayo again almost 10 years since our last meeting at the same stage in 2009. Hard to know what shape either team are in on the back of their respective defeats but definitely both teams eyeing this one as the best chance of a result.

At least RTE are showing this one.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Quote from: joemamas on July 14, 2019, 11:54:24 PM
Quote from: joemamas on July 14, 2019, 11:43:59 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 14, 2019, 11:37:13 PM

Was that necessary !

I hope that was not James Horan in the headlock, just remember, revenge is a dish best served cold.

I think there was a wasp on his ear. Coyler was only trying to protect him.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 14, 2019, 11:51:14 PM
Them were the days when no one questioned Meath's character. Gas how the roles have changed!

Hmmmm. I though they were the days everybody questioned Meath's character!

Great opportunity for Meath. Mayo gives every county the opportunity to kick on and feel good about themselves. James will fold his arms, stare at the ground, and act like the mess has nothing to do with him.

maigheo

I know you are not a fan of Horan, Moysider but that last comment is totally unfair.The fourth tough game in 4 weeks, there was only going to be one winner today and the idea that if the team was set up differently the result might have been different is totally bogus

macdanger2

Meath are decent value at 9/4 considering the results at the weekend

meathie

Hard to call now. Had Mayo not been as destroyed as they were yesterday, obviously there wouldn't even be a thought about Meath being close to matching them. If the week continues as its started (Mayo are so poor, their goners, their done for etc) then I think Mayo may come out all guns blazing, with a big point to prove esp to their fans. Likewise Meath could go either way: We put up a good fight to Donegal and were thereabouts for most of the game. Nothing to lose, can only improve...Or, we gave it our all and still came up 9 points short at the end, let it go from us etc. As we know theres always a sort of edge to Meath/Mayo games and I dont think this will be any different. I expect pulling, dragging, cards and a decent battle from both! At least both of our goalies are in the same boat!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 15, 2019, 11:31:25 AM
Meath are decent value at 9/4 considering the results at the weekend

If the game was played some where other the odds would be decent but outside of Dublin does any team have a better record in the championship in Croke Park than Mayo do the last 5 or 6 years?

joemamas

Quote from: maigheo on July 15, 2019, 03:04:01 AM
I know you are not a fan of Horan, Moysider but that last comment is totally unfair.The fourth tough game in 4 weeks, there was only going to be one winner today and the idea that if the team was set up differently the result might have been different is totally bogus

Kinda of feel the same about yesterday. Not sure all of the blame lies with James Horan. They looked shagged after four weeks on the trot. Patrick Durcan injury huge, and they targeted Kevin Mcloughlin.  Lets wait until the season is over before we make a final judgement.

moysider

We didn't run out of steam. Not sure we can excuse it all by injuries and fatigue. We appeared totally ambushed by Kerry's intensity. Pace and tactics from the throw in. Thought we lasted the pace quite well. Just never got going at the level necessary to deal with Kerry yesterday.

iorras

Mayo need to feel the hangmans noose starting to tighten before they wake up and play I think. A different animal on Sunday but they will ABSOLUTELY give Meath every change of winning the game, similarly as they would if they were playing the pick of the national school kids playing at half time. There'd only be a kick of the ball in that encounter with the young gasuns from various national schools missing a penalty in injury time.

moysider

Quote from: iorras on July 15, 2019, 03:14:54 PM
Mayo need to feel the hangmans noose starting to tighten before they wake up and play I think. A different animal on Sunday but they will ABSOLUTELY give Meath every change of winning the game, similarly as they would if they were playing the pick of the national school kids playing at half time. There'd only be a kick of the ball in that encounter with the young gasuns from various national schools missing a penalty in injury time.

Yeah. I get that. How can that be sustainable?