Your favourite AI championship year?

Started by omagh_gael, June 15, 2016, 03:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on June 15, 2016, 10:08:53 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 15, 2016, 10:06:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 15, 2016, 05:37:40 PM
1991 had Dubs v meath thriller and then Down coming out of hibernation to beat Kerry like in the good old days and then do the same to Meath. With some fabulous football. And Ros were not bad either.

1992 was great with Donegal beating the Dubs.
1993 had Derry winning for the first time.

2001 was a real rollercoaster for Galway. Roscommon won in Connacht so Galway had to go the scenic route. Bitchslapping Meath in the final was a great experience.

2002 was very exciting with another 6 county team making the breakthrough.

Not many good memories since 2002?  ;)
I am waiting for the Mayo story to turn fairytale

If you're waiting for the Mayo or Galway fairy tale, then you better have been blessed with patience.

blewuporstuffed

2005 for me as well, and a great summary from the opening poster.
Alot of things combined that to make it a fantastic summer of football (from a Tyrone point of view at least), ten games for Tyrone (7 in Croke Park) the replays, the wins against the big guns (Armagh/Dublin/Kerry) and just the sheer quality of football played at times.
Stephen O'Neill was breathtaking that year.
As others have mentioned , the atmosphere in the Dublin replay was just incredible. I have been to alot of big sporting occasions and that was by far the best atmosphere i have ever experienced.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Syferus

2010 was one of the best looking back. Not just because we won Connacht but because of the amount of upsets and how open the AIQFs and beyond were. Kildare or Down could easily have won the AI that year.

Six years later and the landscape looks pretty apocalyptic.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 15, 2016, 11:27:12 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 15, 2016, 10:08:53 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 15, 2016, 10:06:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 15, 2016, 05:37:40 PM
1991 had Dubs v meath thriller and then Down coming out of hibernation to beat Kerry like in the good old days and then do the same to Meath. With some fabulous football. And Ros were not bad either.

1992 was great with Donegal beating the Dubs.
1993 had Derry winning for the first time.

2001 was a real rollercoaster for Galway. Roscommon won in Connacht so Galway had to go the scenic route. Bitchslapping Meath in the final was a great experience.

2002 was very exciting with another 6 county team making the breakthrough.

Not many good memories since 2002?  ;)
I am waiting for the Mayo story to turn fairytale

If you're waiting for the Mayo or Galway fairy tale, then you better have been blessed with patience.

In fairness, at least he has actually seen his county win the big one in his lifetime.

ashman