Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

EOC for what it's worth I never said anything of the sort. I applauded the boards ambition to think outside the box and was optimistic that the collective of three newbies would deliver something exciting. Go back to that period and read my posts. Please try to be accurate when you makes claims like this!

CB going round saying we haven't the players, no manager will touch us. Again, more claptrap. Now having a pop because Bannside dosent chase up JMK....who is focussed on an ongoing project atm.

Slow day on the Antrim thread.

country bumpkin

And where are those who E Mc G missed....attended lotta games over the past while must have overlooked hidden gems?

Perhaps somebody could enlighten me....

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on June 22, 2022, 05:52:36 PM
EOC for what it's worth I never said anything of the sort. I applauded the boards ambition to think outside the box and was optimistic that the collective of three newbies would deliver something exciting. Go back to that period and read my posts. Please try to be accurate when you makes claims like this!

CB going round saying we haven't the players, no manager will touch us. Again, more claptrap. Now having a pop because Bannside dosent chase up JMK....who is focussed on an ongoing project atm.

Slow day on the Antrim thread.

Just when did I mention J Mc K....good lad see him down in Toome....
Never made any such comment.....

Caesar

Maybe time to move on all the EMcG discussions. A mix of positives and negatives to take from his tenure but that that ship has now sailed. Maybe it's time to start looking forward instead of backwards

Saffsof82

Lot of gossip around work today that Paddybradley has applied for senior job

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Saffsof82 on June 23, 2022, 11:26:26 PM

😂😂😂

in his short management career he been with a few teams and did absolutely nothing. Certainly not the man for our job

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunsilly King on June 24, 2022, 10:56:14 AM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on June 23, 2022, 11:26:26 PM

😂😂😂

in his short management career he been with a few teams and did absolutely nothing. Certainly not the man for our job

Get his da back!! Baker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Who has Bradley managed?

Seems to me if you were a decent footballer, you can get the gig a lot handier than someone with good CV.

Who was Antrim's last manager...oopps?

toby47

Quote from: marty34 on June 24, 2022, 11:14:29 AM
Who has Bradley managed?

Seems to me if you were a decent footballer, you can get the gig a lot handier than someone with good CV.

Who was Antrim's last manager...oopps?

Dunloy i think?
Newbridge
The Loup
Derry u21s
Glenullin

The word on him as a manager wouldn't be great around Derry TBH.

Did he get Dunloy to an Intermediate Final?
Managed Newbridge to promotion from intermediate to senior, then the next year relegated again.
The Loup to a Semi Final of championship in 2020, maybe done a couple of years there? Was voted out in the end up i think.
Derry u21's this year, early defeat in Ulster missing a rake of best players and with u21 players training with Derry seniors the week of the u21 Ulster Championship match.
Currently managing his home club Glenullin

I think he helped out a bit when his da was in charge of Antrim did he not?

bannside

If Paddy has applied for the job then it should be assessed against the criteria as laid out in the job description. Let it be assessed on its merits, and against the merits of whoever else applies for the post. It's not going to be decided on gaaboard, we arnt that important!

There is no rush or panic, as weeks go on the availability of additional candidates may emerge. That's the world of football, as clubs and counties end their seasons some good potential options may start to open up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on June 24, 2022, 03:38:27 PM
If Paddy has applied for the job then it should be assessed against the criteria as laid out in the job description. Let it be assessed on its merits, and against the merits of whoever else applies for the post. It's not going to be decided on gaaboard, we arnt that important!

There is no rush or panic, as weeks go on the availability of additional candidates may emerge. That's the world of football, as clubs and counties end their seasons some good potential options may start to open up.

What??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Did you not know what goes on here is discussed at length at headquarters and decisions are then met?

Referee appointments, the grounds for championship games and management selections..  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Was surprised to hear that a referee within, approached a player to apologise for a decision he made in error against that individual in the past...

Kudos a plenty to that 'Whistler'.....

EOC1923

PB wouldn't be my choice but this is the sort pool we will be picking from. Big names being thrown about by some but I don't I don't see it happening. It will be an ambitious hungry young manager we will end up with I would predict.

breakingball

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 24, 2022, 05:20:17 PM
Was surprised to hear that a referee within, approached a player to apologise for a decision he made in error against that individual in the past...

Kudos a plenty to that 'Whistler'.....

Slow news day in Toome it would appear

EOC1923

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 24, 2022, 09:55:45 PM
It entirely depends on how much we are willing to pony up. That's what attracts interest.
That's true as well in a way but I think it will pan out as I stated.