Armagh v Fermanagh - Round 2 Qualifier - Enniskillen - July 11, 16:00

Started by AFS, June 28, 2010, 09:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

illdecide

I think Armagh will win but reckon it will be closer than that...1 maybe 2pts
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armaghgeddon

Going to be tight. Not even going to guess the score, everytime I do Armagh lose.

However they will have problems with our forwards

sammymaguire

Thats a draw Armagh will be delighted with, short trip against a team which comes off the back off a drubbing where the confidence will be on the floor... Armagh should win this at a canter
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: illdecide on June 28, 2010, 09:44:09 AM

Ah come of it  ;) Armagh by at least 6/7.

haranguerer

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 28, 2010, 10:52:45 AM
Quote from: illdecide on June 28, 2010, 09:44:09 AM

Ah come of it  ;) Armagh by at least 6/7.

I can only assume the armagh ones were watching the England game, I'm more of Omagh gaels thinking...

AFS

Team I'd like to see, if the short term injured are all back:

Hearty

Mallon  Donaghy  Duffy/ Dyas

Moriarty  McKeever  Dyas/ Duffy

Toner  Lavery

Hanratty/ Mallon  Kernan  Vernon

McDonnell  Clarke  Swift

Not sure about Dyas in the corner, remembering him starting out there for the minors when he was still 15. Mightn't have played in that position since, so it mightn't work. Just trying to squeeze him in with Moriarty's likely return. Bit harsh on Martin if he loses his place, he was good on Saturday. Although, I'd worry about him on stronger opposition, just don't think he's sticky enough to play in an intercounty FB line. Maybe if Fermanagh go with both Carson and Quigley in the forward line Martin could be retained for one of them. The rest of the back line picks itself.

Toner and Lavery have probably established themselves as our first choice midfield pairing, and if either is fit they should come straight back in.

Vernon has to be accommodated somewhere, straight swap for Duffy/ Feeney seems sensible, even though both did alright in their spells at the weekend. I thought Hanratty did well on his debut and would have no worries about him continuing, but I also feel Brian Mallon has done better than than most give him credit for this year. Mallon would probably use the ball a bit better, but Hanratty is a stronger ball carrier and would win more frees.

FF duo is a given. Swift to come out towards the middle, but with licence to raid forward when the opportunity arises.

Any word on Duffy? Or Moriarty, Lavery, Toner, Clarke, O'Rourke, etc. for that matter?

Armamike

Heard Duffy has a dislocated shoulder, which would rule him out for a good spell.

What's happened to Shannon and Forker? They seem to be out of the picture now - they both did reasonably well earlier in the year.

The main positives from Saturday was the performance of the backs - much tighter at the back and got forward a lot, the contribution of the new guys, the performance of Swift and Clarke. Although he didn't feature as highly on the scoreboard as usual, i thought McDonnell made a very big contribution with his off the ball running, leaving space for others to exploit (a very selfless performance).  Giving Swift licence to interchange between the forward line and midfield as needed is worth sticking with.  The weaknesses though in the team have not been cured just yet - midfield and breaking ball is still a big problem that will be exposed badly by better sides. Though the absence of two first choice midfielders has to be taken into account!
That's just, like your opinion man.

Armaghgeddon

Armagh cannot feckin afford to let players drop off the panel. Especially players of the future such as Forker. However if they are just going to get up and leave like that maybe it is for the best.

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

Emmett

After yesterdays drubbing it is hard to see anything but an easy Armagh win in this one. I just hope we don't go out without a fight. I would like to see Malachy return to the half back line that helped us reach the Ulster Final in 2008. The majority of the new lads drafted into the panel this year are great triers but unfortunately just not good enough at this level or at any county level (as proven in the NFL). The team I would like to see start is..........

Ronan Gallagher
John Woods
Martin O'Brien
Niall Bogue
Damian Kelly
Ryan McCluskey
Tommy McElroy
Martin McGrath
James Sherry
Mark Little
Rory Gallagher
Darryl Keenan
Seamus Quigley
Ryan Carson
Chris O'Brien

sammymaguire

Peter Sherry would also be a good addition if fit but its still going to be an Armagh win
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

gaa fan 10

in my opinion Stefan is just right to go, a good quality player that can take a score is left sitting on the bench to watch the action. while cross players are giving the nod.

lads like Stefan and Shannon wasting time on the armagh bench not getting a run out and then there own clubs are suffering.

BerfArmagh

mackers

Quote from: AFS on June 28, 2010, 11:11:17 AM
Team I'd like to see, if the short term injured are all back:

Hearty

Mallon  Donaghy  Duffy/ Dyas

Moriarty  McKeever  Dyas/ Duffy

Toner  Lavery

Hanratty/ Mallon  Kernan  Vernon

McDonnell  Clarke  Swift

Not sure about Dyas in the corner, remembering him starting out there for the minors when he was still 15. Mightn't have played in that position since, so it mightn't work. Just trying to squeeze him in with Moriarty's likely return. Bit harsh on Martin if he loses his place, he was good on Saturday. Although, I'd worry about him on stronger opposition, just don't think he's sticky enough to play in an intercounty FB line. Maybe if Fermanagh go with both Carson and Quigley in the forward line Martin could be retained for one of them. The rest of the back line picks itself.

Toner and Lavery have probably established themselves as our first choice midfield pairing, and if either is fit they should come straight back in.

Vernon has to be accommodated somewhere, straight swap for Duffy/ Feeney seems sensible, even though both did alright in their spells at the weekend. I thought Hanratty did well on his debut and would have no worries about him continuing, but I also feel Brian Mallon has done better than than most give him credit for this year. Mallon would probably use the ball a bit better, but Hanratty is a stronger ball carrier and would win more frees.

FF duo is a given. Swift to come out towards the middle, but with licence to raid forward when the opportunity arises.

Any word on Duffy? Or Moriarty, Lavery, Toner, Clarke, O'Rourke, etc. for that matter?

I'd go with Paul McKeown in the CB position as now is the opportunity to blood him as he will be in the corner within the next year or so anyway. I would be a bit concerned about Andy Mallon as he seemed to have picked up a groin injury on Saturday (hope I'm wrong). If not McKeown then I'd go back to Barry Shannon, he's a much safer option than Martin who, as you say, I would not be certain of against better opposition. Duffy (who is Armagh's player of the year so far) and C McKeever are certs (with McKeever staying at CHB, not sweeper, not CB). Finn Mo has a fight for his place on his hands with Dyas going well on Saturday.
We really need Toner and Lavery back fit pronto as we were exposed at MF on Saturday.
I'd pretty much agree with your forward line although if Finn Mo was fit I'd be tempted to play Dyas at HF along with AK and Vernon.
I watched a recording of the match and it is fairly obvious that Anto Duffy has a nasty looking dislocated shoulder.
Clarke is screwed and we can forget about him for the rest of the summer.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.