?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

clarshack

Quote from: marty34 on May 20, 2022, 11:10:58 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 20, 2022, 10:10:00 AM
Ange has had an amazing first season, I hope he realises he may have to curb the flair when faced with superior teams in Europe, jesus it was hard watching them trying to play out of defence in some of those European games

Yeah, be good to get a run in Europe, especially wirh being in the Champions League next season.  3 games guaranteed.

With the blue side of Glasgow getting to another Europa Cup Final, beating decent teams along the way, the pressure will now be on Ange.

See what he's made of in the 3 group games. Will Celtic be seeded last?

Pot 4 - https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedcl2022.html

Of confirmed teams so far this group would be ideal:
Porto (Pot 1)
Sevilla (Pot 2)
Salzburg (Pot 3)

Group of death:
Real Madrid (Pot 1)
Chelsea (Pot 2)
Napoli (Pot 3)

general_lee

Ryanair Twitter account worth a read today  ;D

bennydorano

Quote from: general_lee on May 20, 2022, 06:16:15 PM
I only started following that account a month or two ago, it walks a very fine line sometimes, at times I've thought maybe this isn't the official Ryanair account and is some type of parody, but obviously not. It's obviously trying to copy the success of the Paddypower Twitter feed but it's pretty harsh &  insulting a lot of the time - on brand right enough.

Main Street

It works  because it's also self deprecating.

The Subbie

Quote from: bennydorano on May 21, 2022, 08:17:24 AM
Quote from: general_lee on May 20, 2022, 06:16:15 PM
I only started following that account a month or two ago, it walks a very fine line sometimes, at times I've thought maybe this isn't the official Ryanair account and is some type of parody, but obviously not. It's obviously trying to copy the success of the Paddypower Twitter feed but it's pretty harsh &  insulting a lot of the time - on brand right enough.

Whoever they were they didn't take a backward step !!
Let them have it, then when the whining started went for it with all & any that wanted a pop !!
Unreal !!!
Hilarious to watch 🤣🤣🤣🤣

JimStynes

straightred

Quote from: JimStynes on June 11, 2022, 11:14:54 AM
Any transfer rumours?
CCV signed up permanently and Jota expected to follow

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on June 11, 2022, 11:14:54 AM
Any transfer rumours?

Alexandro Bernabei close to Celtic transfer as Ange Postecoglou looks to snap up Argentina defender
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

We can't be complaining too much these days with Celtic's spending and ambition. Jota signed up now too

illdecide

Jota has formalised a five-year switch to Celtic after spending last season on loan from Benfica.

An undisclosed fee had been agreed when the winger initially moved to Glasgow.

The Portuguese scored 13 goals and provided 14 assists in 40 appearances as Ange Postecoglou's side won the Scottish Premiership and League Cup.

"With the season that we had with all the winning and all the trophies, I think it was very good for everyone," said the 23-year-old.

"It was a great experience. I already knew, more or less, how big Celtic was but I think people only realise once you are inside the club and inside the structure.

"I got to know the club in another perspective, and I just fell in love. So I think it's a good time to be here and I just want to develop."

Jota had been loaned to Real Valladolid for the 2020-21 season and has been capped up to under-21 level by his country.

"It's a tremendous step in my career," he added on Celtic TV.

"I'm really happy to have joined Celtic and I just want to give some joy to the fans, to our team and conquer as many things as we can."

On Thursday, Celtic announced the signing of Argentine full-back Alexandro Bernabei, while the Scottish champions have also arranged a permanent deal for central defender Cameron Carter-Vickers and signed goalkeeper Benjamin Siegrist.

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on July 01, 2022, 11:12:18 AM
We can't be complaining too much these days with Celtic's spending and ambition. Jota signed up now too

All well and good but Celtic had all these, bar the left-back and the sub keeper, last year.  Same squad basically, plus a few lads have left and a few of the younger lads have gone on loan.

Do they need more players in?

illdecide

Quote from: marty34 on July 01, 2022, 12:12:51 PM
Quote from: illdecide on July 01, 2022, 11:12:18 AM

All well and good but Celtic had all these, bar the left-back and the sub keeper, last year.  Same squad basically, plus a few lads have left and a few of the younger lads have gone on loan.

Do they need more players in?

Well they had them on loan but they weren't Celtic players and if they didn't cough up the money they were going back to their clubs. Celtic have splashed out not too far of £20m which by our standards is pretty good with no assets going out the door to fund them

marty34

Quote from: bennydorano on July 22, 2022, 05:21:00 PM
Bit of transfer activity

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2022/july/19/double-signing-swoop-as-aaron-mooy-and-moritz-jenz-join-celtic/

Are they any better than what they've got already?

Mooy - is he not similiar to Mc Carthy and he's either injured or on the bench?

I think they need a bit more quality. Hopefully these two lads surprise us all.