Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General discussion / Re: China Coronavirus
« Last post by imtommygunn on Today at 03:13:23 PM »
Of what?
General discussion / Re: Lockdown memories
« Last post by screenexile on Today at 03:13:08 PM »
Working from home... for 2 days... because f**k working from home when your family are there all the time!!!!
« Last post by seafoid on Today at 03:10:16 PM »
Trying to get a flight home at the start of March.
GAA Discussion / Re: Derry v Galway AISF Sat 9th July 5.30pm Croke Park
« Last post by seanyb on Today at 03:07:36 PM »
Who saying Derry raging favourites? Nobody on here. Would had Galway favourites on past meetings alone

He's trying to build a siege mentality. Betting on the game is essentially 50/50, which given galway are the only team to beat Derry this year (and by 11pts at home) represents brilliant value on Galway.
The Galway team of 98 - 01 played 4 all Ireland finals and after 98 weren't undervalued by anyone. They were favourites against Meath in 01 too and clear favs against Derry that day.

Might have been favourites against Derry but certainly weren't against Meath
Definitely were not favs against Meath.
This semi final is so hard to call.
The league game is irrelevant imo.
Derry are massively improved over the summer. Would like to think we have improved also.
Maybe Iím wrong but Derry seem to have a more defensive system in place now?
Hungover head on me that day in Owenbeg so maybe Iím mis-remembering but I canít recall Derry setting up overly defensive in the first half when it was still a contest.

The only thing about the League game was this
RTE
"Galway were able to press the Derry kick-out in numbers, forcing turnovers and sowing doubt in the home defence."
The result was a load of goals.
Derry have had it their own way so far in the championship.

Yeah, you just forgot to add Derry played into a gale force breeze that you had to be there to believe...Galway are favourites, they have came through the other side of a tough battle with Armagh and their record against Derry in championship football is 100%.

Will we hear the results of the CCCC today?
Who saying Derry raging favourites? Nobody on here. Would had Galway favourites on past meetings alone

He's trying to build a siege mentality. Betting on the game is essentially 50/50, which given galway are the only team to beat Derry this year (and by 11pts at home) represents brilliant value on Galway.
The Galway team of 98 - 01 played 4 all Ireland finals and after 98 weren't undervalued by anyone. They were favourites against Meath in 01 too and clear favs against Derry that day.

Might have been favourites against Derry but certainly weren't against Meath
Definitely were not favs against Meath.
This semi final is so hard to call.
The league game is irrelevant imo.
Derry are massively improved over the summer. Would like to think we have improved also.
Maybe Iím wrong but Derry seem to have a more defensive system in place now?
Hungover head on me that day in Owenbeg so maybe Iím mis-remembering but I canít recall Derry setting up overly defensive in the first half when it was still a contest.

The only thing about the League game was this
RTE
"Galway were able to press the Derry kick-out in numbers, forcing turnovers and sowing doubt in the home defence."
The result was a load of goals.
Derry have had it their own way so far in the championship.

Eh? We literally came from 2 points back with 10 mins to beat Donegal extra time... how would that be 'having it our own way'?

Along with that we had a shaky start to the second half against Monaghan as well where it looked like they might come roaring back only for us to get a goal at a good time.

There seems to be this narrative that Derry aren't battle hardened or something when that isn't the case.

The game is definitely a toss up for me and I think the league game will bear no resemblance to this one!
« Last post by Last Man on Today at 03:05:51 PM »
What is the point of that??
Cavan by 3
Derry by 2
Dublin by 1

Kildare and Meath both beat Kerry and had a wall of money on them. Roscommon has the Hyde. Kildare and Meath had the hype.
The 2001 result shocked a lot of people. Meath were destroyed. That was the end of both teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FhlNKcyNCI
« Last post by imtommygunn on Today at 03:01:28 PM »
Me and the wife have it for the first time. Definitely not great craic but thankfully seems to be lifting quick enough. Worst thing is we have a very energetic toddler we canít send to nursery so that definitely adds to the challenge.
« Last post by Orior on Today at 03:01:08 PM »
YouTube, Yoga with Adrienne  :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10