The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 18, 2021, 06:59:18 PM
Rory just announced hes not a very patriotic guy on bbc newsline.....that will go down well with the lads

Leyton hewitt comments incoming....

At times he is his own worst enemy. For such a smart guy he keeps saying stupid things. Sometimes better to say nowt and thats not just the irish british shite but in general

Orior

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 18, 2021, 06:59:18 PM
Rory just announced hes not a very patriotic guy on bbc newsline.....that will go down well with the lads

Leyton hewitt comments incoming....

What was the context?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

quit yo jibbajabba

Was half listening but was to do with Olympics. Said that and then said he felt it was something he had to do after last time and so on. Probably all half sensible chat...apart from the not patriotic bit which will make him plenty of new friends...

quit yo jibbajabba

Off the Ball has it on Twitter

JimStynes

I don't really see much of a big deal with what he has said

quit yo jibbajabba

Im not one of the perpetually outraged crew but at the same time i can well see he'll get flak for this and i dont think it was the wisest thing to say the week before youre representing your country at an Olympic games....

JimStynes

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 18, 2021, 08:38:40 PM
Im not one of the perpetually outraged crew but at the same time i can well see he'll get flak for this and i dont think it was the wisest thing to say the week before youre representing your country at an Olympic games....

No definitely not. He's too honest at times. But at the same time I couldn't care less if he's not really patriotic. We've half the Irish rugby team filled of fellas from different countries and we are yapping about a few English fellas who used to play for Ireland that now represent England. McIlroy outrage is like no other outrage.

quit yo jibbajabba

Yeah he'll get pelters from some corners now
Agreed on the rugger btw 😊

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteMcIlroy missed the 2016 games due to fears over the impact of the Zika virus, but is looking forward to representing Ireland.

McIlroy spoke about the impact of patriotism on his life, as he prepares to turn out for Ireland this summer.

"I'm not a very patriotic guy, I'm doing it because I think it is the right thing to do.

"I missed it last time [in Rio] and for golf to be an Olympic sport you need your best players there and I feel I want to represent the game of golf more than anything else."

An Watcher

Sounds to me like he's trying to placate his mates in Hollywood.  I know I'm playing for Ireland but I'm not really that bothered.  F%ck off then Rory.  I know he's in an awkward position.  Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't but why say anything at all

Boycey

The perpetually outraged will be outraged  :)

In actual golf news, my weekly update on Seamus Power. Hes just posted -21 and has a share of the lead with only a couple of groups on the course...

JPGJOHNNYG

The leader has just dropped 3 shots in 2 holes to also be -21 exciting stuff

straightred

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 18, 2021, 11:46:57 PM
The leader has just dropped 3 shots in 2 holes to also be -21 exciting stuff
Its nail biting stuff. I don't like wishing ill on anyone but f**k it. Hope Polson has a bad lie

fearbrags

Gabriel_Hurl