The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: gallsman on July 10, 2021, 06:54:27 AM
Poirier favourite but it's pretty even. McGregor has gone full **** again. He's a thoroughly unlikeable twat.

No doubt Medic will be along soon to post something in all caps.

The pantomime villain stuff is very forced nowadays. The quick witted and funny McGregor has been gone for some time now.

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on July 10, 2021, 08:39:02 AM
Quote from: gallsman on July 10, 2021, 06:54:27 AM
Poirier favourite but it's pretty even. McGregor has gone full **** again. He's a thoroughly unlikeable twat.

No doubt Medic will be along soon to post something in all caps.

The pantomime villain stuff is very forced nowadays. The quick witted and funny McGregor has been gone for some time now.

Poirier even said it himself when he laughed and called McGregor's trash talk these days "f**king weak". Don't think he was the tiniest bit flustered by any of it, think he was more embarrassed for McGregor than anything.

screenexile

Hopefully that's the end of that!!

JimStynes

Would have liked to have seen him win but he just lacks class and it's hard to feel any sympathy for him. Shouting and roaring about his wife at the end there. sc**bag

BennyHarp

Quote from: JimStynes on July 11, 2021, 06:56:44 AM
Would have liked to have seen him win but he just lacks class and it's hard to feel any sympathy for him. Shouting and roaring about his wife at the end there. sc**bag

I'm no fan of McGregor but could you imagine interviewing a footballer after a leg break like that? He shouldn't have been anywhere near a microphone. This must be the end....surely you can't come back from that injury, at his age, in that sport. Especially when the end of his career looked close anyway. It's probably a legitimate way out for him.
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

I'd love to read what you think about the people you don't want to win  :o

JimStynes

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 11, 2021, 08:17:48 AM
I'd love to read what you think about the people you don't want to win  :o

Well if he wasn't shouting and roaring about your man's wife I'd have felt more sympathy for him. I admire his rags to riches story but he just keeps f**king up and it makes you realise he's a complete sc**bag. A win would have been good for him to keep his career going and maybe even get Khabib out of retirement. McGregor looks completely done against the top men this past few years though.

screenexile

Surely the questions should be asked now about him "dominating" a sport and a division in its infancy . . . He's been found out badly since he became champion!

NotedObserver

Quote from: screenexile on July 12, 2021, 01:49:53 AM
Surely the questions should be asked now about him "dominating" a sport and a division in its infancy . . . He's been found out badly since he became champion!

Not really. The top fighters in the division are not new young fighters. McGregor was at the top and then took years off and his lifestyle changed dramatically so I don't think he's been found out. Porier and oliveria have worked on their game whereas Conor time off has cost him.

There won't be  another fighting or sports star out of Ireland the same again in my lifetime.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

McGregor is a rotten character

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 12, 2021, 08:24:09 AM

Not really. The top fighters in the division are not new young fighters. McGregor was at the top and then took years off and his lifestyle changed dramatically so I don't think he's been found out. Porier and oliveria have worked on their game whereas Conor time off has cost him.

There won't be  another fighting or sports star out of Ireland the same again in my lifetime.

Taking the piss surely. hes a sc**bag, done nothing for Irekand except show young lads how not to be behave. Coke head

Rudi

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 12, 2021, 08:44:00 AM

Taking the piss surely. hes a sc**bag, done nothing for Irekand except show young lads how not to be behave. Coke head

+1 a despicable character & an awful role model. A vile coked up thug.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Rudi on July 12, 2021, 08:46:33 AM

Well I didn't mean he was a great person. PPV machine and world wide star I was referring to

JimStynes

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 12, 2021, 08:54:45 AM

Well I didn't mean he was a great person. PPV machine and world wide star I was referring to

It's true. He's a global superstar who had a big hand in transforming MMA into the mainstream. We probably won't see a superstar like it for many years. A fantastic business man but a terrible role model for young lads. The early years McGregor was brilliant and then he completely lost the run of himself.

johnnycool

Quote from: JimStynes on July 12, 2021, 09:16:30 AM
Quote from: NotedObserver on July 12, 2021, 08:54:45 AM

It's true. He's a global superstar who had a big hand in transforming MMA into the mainstream. We probably won't see a superstar like it for many years. A fantastic business man but a terrible role model for young lads. The early years McGregor was brilliant and then he completely lost the run of himself.

It's where you decide the act ends and the real McGregor starts.

We could all laugh at his press quips, "red panties day" and all that as we know he's getting PPV sales along the way but somewhere along the line when he's throwing digs at a lad in a bar who didn't want to taste his whisky then I think the mask slips and he turns into a sc**bag we could do without.