Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Quote from: GJL on July 26, 2021, 09:04:35 PM
Varane a done deal. Decent window so far. Hopefully another one or two.

Must have been the longest courtship in years; connected with him since before he joined Real.

rodney trotter

United closing in on another defender also, Jules Kounde of Sevilla. He can play centre back or right back.

In hiding

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 26, 2021, 08:43:55 PM
Varane  was really poor against City in the CL, a bit too nice, they need a Stam or Vidic type player to attack the ball.
Maguire is the man to attack the ball, Varane is the intelligent covering defender.
Same at Real with Ramos

Armagh18

Would love to sign a defensive midfielder now like Kante who would allow Pogba to play like he can for France. Varane seems more or less done. Should be going to Dortmund and throwing whatever they want at them for Haaland either this summer or next.

Boycey

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 27, 2021, 07:25:32 AM
Would love to sign a defensive midfielder now like Kante who would allow Pogba to play like he can for France. Varane seems more or less done. Should be going to Dortmund and throwing whatever they want at them for Haaland either this summer or next.

Id love Pogba to be playing in France.....

NAG1

Surely that is going to spell the end then for either Baily or Lindelof, unless he is going to change tactics.

Two international defenders hardly going to sit around for league cup games.

trailer

Quote from: NAG1 on July 27, 2021, 10:53:45 AM
Surely that is going to spell the end then for either Baily or Lindelof, unless he is going to change tactics.

Lindelof as cover. Bailey on the 1st boat home. Complete balloon.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: trailer on July 27, 2021, 10:54:48 AM

Not too often a player walks away from Madrid unless they are getting pushed out the door. 

Both players have had more than enough opportunities to solidify their position in the team, in the brutal world of football they are just not good enough.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

NAG1

Did I read somewhere that Varane is doubling his current wage, so not hard to see why he would want the move.

As well as this RM need to sell to gather up some money, they are in the same sort of shape as Barca financially.

Gallybander

Lindeldof gets pushed around like a child's toy too often though. Bailly a lot more physical.

tiempo

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 27, 2021, 07:25:32 AM

Steven Nzonzi would be perfect, 32yo WC winner, last shot at an A list club, wouldn't cost the world and could probably get on a 1-2 year contract as he'd know its last chance at the top level, not that he'll be anywhere near in the frame, but as an instant cost effective experienced upgrade on Fred he'd be ideal, basically Matic but not shot to bits and a better player, also has played in the league and with Pogber so no adjustment required in that regard, would already know he'll be covering the lazy sods running. How Nzonzi went from Blackburn to Stoke and didn't get picked up by a top 6 club was a head scratcher, was the potential Robertson/Wijnaldum value signing of his spell in the Premiership and got massively overlooked

BennyCake

Quote from: Gallybander on July 27, 2021, 01:06:00 PM

Lindeldof gets pushed around like a child's toy too often though. Bailly a lot more physical.

And a lot more injury prone.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: NAG1 on July 27, 2021, 01:00:20 PM
Did I read somewhere that Varane is doubling his current wage, so not hard to see why he would want the move.

As well as this RM need to sell to gather up some money, they are in the same sort of shape as Barca financially.

I dont think there are nearly as bad as Barca but neither of them looking to clever at the minute
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

trailer

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 27, 2021, 03:56:51 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 27, 2021, 01:00:20 PM

I dont think there are nearly as bad as Barca but neither of them looking to clever at the minute

Yeah Barca a lot worse off. RM are balancing the books just but Barca are a basket case.

gawa316

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 26, 2021, 10:46:49 PM
United closing in on another defender also, Jules Kounde of Sevilla. He can play centre back or right back.

Twitter saying he is going to Chelsea