Best Pint In Dublin

Started by Go on ya boy ye, September 05, 2011, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

Quote from: Hardy on September 05, 2011, 11:14:20 PM
All of those used to be good places for pints, but my experience of at least three years is that hardly any Dublin pub bothers any more to pull a pint properly and that now sadly includes Mulligans - pints of pure slop the last time I was there. The only decent pints I can remember having in recent times in Dublin were in Ryans of Parkgate Street and Kehoes.

As soon as I saw the title to the post I started to look for ....Ryans of Parkgate & Kehoes of Anne Street South ....Hardy man!
Fierce tame altogether

The Hill is Blue

For a pint before or after a game - Gaffneys Fairview and Meaghers Richmond Road
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

magpie seanie

One person with the right answer (in my opinion). The Gravediggers is simply the best pint I've ever had by a distance and I try to go there as often as I can.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: armaghniac on September 06, 2011, 01:09:05 AM
Gravediggers.
That's one of my favourites.
I'd also recommend the Goblet on the Malahide Road.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tubberman

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 05, 2011, 10:51:03 PM
Mulligans is  a good shout....otherwise O'Donoghues Merrion Row or Toners on Baggot St would be very acceptable.  Dont bother your hole with any of the pubs in Temple Bar...pints might be OK but you'll pay two fortunes for one....with the honourable exception of The Palace...

Pure slop last couple of times I was in there. Plus they just fired them out at you, with the head running down the sides of the glass. Complete mess of a pint.
The Dame Tavern is pretty good for the centre of town. Have heard the gravediggers is a great spot, must head out some time.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

snoopdog

bit far from Croker but Slatterys in Rathmines has the best pint in Dublin.
Mulligans is a myth, was good average now.
bowes is hit and miss
Kennedys under tara st  rail bridge had a great pint but closed without a mention after christmas. Anyone know why?

stephenite

The Galloping Green in Stillorgan was the best, few years back now though, and very far to go for a pre match pint

Canalman

Quote from: snoopdog on September 06, 2011, 11:27:16 AM
bit far from Croker but Slatterys in Rathmines has the best pint in Dublin.
Mulligans is a myth, was good average now.
bowes is hit and miss
Kennedys under tara st  rail bridge had a great pint but closed without a mention after christmas. Anyone know why?

Disagree strongly about Slatterys in Rathmines. Massively overrated.
Would be hard put to recommend one good pub in the Ranelagh /Rathmines area.  The Hill at a push, maybe Russells.

Croí na hÉireann

Had good pints in Mulligans after the quarter finals last year, was in there after the Dublin game and they were awful, like what Tubberman describes. Stag's Head not bad in town and you never know who you'll run into upstairs in Kehoe's.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

You're only as good as your last pint.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Go on ya boy ye

Quote from: ludermor on September 06, 2011, 09:07:59 AM
Quote from: Go on ya boy ye on September 05, 2011, 09:37:59 PM
Alright boys.

Who officially has the best pint of Guinness in Dublin??

Gogarty'sO'Donoghue & Nesbitts
Larry Murphys

Cheers!!
You are joking i hope???

I just heard from years ago they had the best pints....

Billys Boots

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 06, 2011, 10:13:27 AM
One person with the right answer (in my opinion). The Gravediggers is simply the best pint I've ever had by a distance and I try to go there as often as I can.

Yep, good call Seanie, can't go wrong in the Diggers (Bar not Lounge).  Also (used to be anyway) good pints in The Hut in Phibsboro, Tom Kennedys in Drumcondra and The Findlater (and Kavanagh's, old Kavanagh's mind) on Dorset St.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

laoislad

Quote from: Canalman on September 06, 2011, 09:22:03 AM
Bowes or Chaplins are two gems of pubs. Well below the radar of many.

That's what I like about Bowes its never over crowded,also the bar men are mostly country men Carlow and Wicklow I think are where the two lads are from that always seem to be there when I'm in.
Best pub in the city by a mile for a pint and chat IMO.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 06, 2011, 05:01:52 PM
The Findlater on Dorset St.

Big South Kerry crowd there on the day of a match. You're likely to meet Declan O'Sullivan's parents, uncles, sibling and a rake of cousins.
KERRY 3:7

Aaron Boone

Mulligan's ok but overrated & unfriendly barmen believe the hype.
If your lucky to be in premium-level for the final, stay til bar closes there as craic usually good.