Tipperary vs Kilkenny - 2011 All Ireland Hurling Final

Started by TippTony, August 18, 2011, 12:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: AQMP on September 05, 2011, 09:56:45 AM
, Walsh (why do RTE insist on referring to him as "Welsh"?),

Because that is how it is pronounced by most people in Connacht,Munster and Leinster outside of Kilkenny.
It's called Welsh by everyone in Kilkenny... also the Gaeilge is Breathnach which means Welshman so arguably Welsh is the proper version.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

the Deel Rover

Quote from: tyroneman on September 05, 2011, 12:37:59 PM
The KK goalkeeper could be doing some extra laps in training next year given his perfromance when being interviewed at the banquet on the Sunday game.

Not sure if Cody will appreciate his sense of humour.....

missed that what did he say
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Minder

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 05, 2011, 12:42:57 PM
The KK goalkeeper could be doing some extra laps in training next year given his perfromance when being interviewed at the banquet on the Sunday game.

You could be right, Brennan was doing the "timeout" signal ! He seemed to be half cut.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AQMP

Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2011, 12:41:52 PM

Because that is how it is pronounced by most people in Connacht,Munster and Leinster outside of Kilkenny.
It's called Welsh by everyone in Kilkenny... also the Gaeilge is Breathnach which means Welshman so arguably Welsh is the proper version.

Maybe...a mate of mine is married to a Corkwoman of that name and she says Walsh...

Minder

I was reminded this morning, while reading the player ratings in the Irish News, that it's coverage of hurling is atrocious. Paul Murphy and Brian Hogan both got 6.5
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Jesus

I'm not surprised. Bar a passing glance at someone elses...I dont give the sports section in the IN the time of day anymore
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

sheamy

Quote from: Minder on September 05, 2011, 12:49:53 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 05, 2011, 12:42:57 PM

You could be right, Brennan was doing the "timeout" signal ! He seemed to be half cut.

That was class!   He was in great form. Just 1 pint too many mixed with excitement. The worst thing happened him was people laughed the first time. He thought he was Tommy Tiernan after that.

heffo

Croí na hÉireann

I'd say Cody would be more worried about the goal he let in. One thing is for sure, PJ Ryan won't be eating all around him this Christmas.

Not everyone, there's a good few down there that call it Walsh as well.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gallsman

Ah it was all good natured. He was making fun of the whole "Cody doesn't use tactics" myth by describing him as a master tactician, saying he's always coming out with little tactical gems like "win your own ball" and "score a point" etc..

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on September 05, 2011, 01:08:32 PM
I was reminded this morning, while reading the player ratings in the Irish News, that it's coverage of hurling is atrocious. Paul Murphy and Brian Hogan both got 6.5

Christ I would have had Murphy as a contender for man of the match.
Maybe it was 6.5 out of 7.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 05, 2011, 03:12:29 PM

I'd say Cody would be more worried about the goal he let in. One thing is for sure, PJ Ryan won't be eating all around him this Christmas.

Not everyone, there's a good few down there that call it Walsh as well.

It's Welsh where I come from also.
Everyone in Kilkenny would say Welsh.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.