Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: Orior on May 24, 2021, 10:56:37 PM
Question regarding the height of the handle bars. I know that the seat height is designed to maximise pedal power, but what is the recommended height for the handle bars?

I don't see how a standard setting could suit everybody, I'm eternally footering with things. Spacers are there to be raised or lowered to suit the individual, you can roll your bars round to move the angles your gear shifters are at as well - assuming it's a road bike. Shifters can be moved slightly as well. Seat height is interconnected, get a bike fit, takes all the guess work out of it. A lot of trial & error b4 you get it right

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on May 25, 2021, 09:45:33 AM
Question regarding the height of the handle bars. I know that the seat height is designed to maximise pedal power, but what is the recommended height for the handle bars?

I don't see how a standard setting could suit everybody, I'm eternally footering with things. Spacers are there to be raised or lowered to suit the individual, you can roll your bars round to move the angles your gear shifters are at as well - assuming it's a road bike. Shifters can be moved slightly as well. Seat height is interconnected, get a bike fit, takes all the guess work out of it. A lot of trial & error b4 you get it right

Wonder what aul T McC would make of bike fits.

maddog

Quote from: lurganblue on May 25, 2021, 09:11:04 AM

I keep seeing all these clips on youtube with lads having a high saddle and low handle bars, that give them this lovely looking aerodynamic shape.

Now I am unfortunately vertically challenged so I have no choice but to have the saddle at its lowest which has it in line with the bars :)

No idea what's right but I do think I have the saddle adjusted correctly for me....

I'd always aim to have the saddle around 2 or 3 inches higher than the bars. Just the way it is. If the saddle is same height as the bars you are going to pretty upright on the bike. But whatever works and makes you comfortable. None of us going to trouble Bernal or Pogacar anytime soon.

GJL

I keep seeing all these clips on youtube with lads having a high saddle and low handle bars, that give them this lovely looking aerodynamic shape.

Now I am unfortunately vertically challenged so I have no choice but to have the saddle at its lowest which has it in line with the bars :)

No idea what's right but I do think I have the saddle adjusted correctly for me....

Sounds like the frame is too large for you. A smaller frame will give to the option to raise the seat post.

lurganblue

Quote from: GJL on May 25, 2021, 10:16:24 AM

Sounds like the frame is too large for you. A smaller frame will give to the option to raise the seat post.

Frame is a 52 which is supposed to be right for my height. maybe it's the wee short legs lol

maddog

Quote from: lurganblue on May 25, 2021, 10:58:42 AM

Frame is a 52 which is supposed to be right for my height. maybe it's the wee short legs lol

are the bars dropped to their lowest ?

lurganblue

Quote from: maddog on May 25, 2021, 11:30:15 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 25, 2021, 10:58:42 AM

are the bars dropped to their lowest ?

Yeah, but now you are making me doubt myself. must go and check again  ;D

lurganblue

Nope, I was wrong. there is room to lower that too. I'll do a bit of adjusting.

redzone

Anybody got an aero bike. Are they significantly faster.

bennydorano

Bennet out of the DQS Tour team due to a knee injury. Cavendish in. Gutted for Sam but delighted for Cavendish. It would be some fairytale end to his career if he picked up a stage or 4.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on June 21, 2021, 04:21:26 PM
Bennet out of the DQS Tour team due to a knee injury. Cavendish in. Gutted for Sam but delighted for Cavendish. It would be some fairytale end to his career of he picked up a stage or 4.

Gutted to hear that. Sam would have been good bet for green again. Maybe Dan Martin for the Mur de Bretagne? Couple of roilling stages to begin with Michael Matthews maybe for the green?

maddog

Word is that Bennett will be leaving DSQ at end of the year. Apparently DQS wont match other offers. Presumably Bora will be the destination if Sagan is going.

GJL

Any mountain bikers been to this place yet? Looks very good.

https://www.thegap.ie/

bennydorano

Some carnage at the Tour today, madness.

See DQS Boss Le Fevre let Sammy B have it with both barrels as well.

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on June 28, 2021, 06:04:46 PM
Some carnage at the Tour today, madness.

See DQS Boss Le Fevre let Sammy B have it with both barrels as well.

I caught the last 45 mins of the stage... Mayhem!