FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Whatever about the players or management it's surely time Dunphy was pensioned off, same aul predictable shite.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Declan

QuoteThis is your bastarding country, through thick and often painful thin, get behind them ffs, and not just during the good times.
Bullshit  - getting behind them and criticizing them are not mutually exclusive

ross4life

Quote from: anglocelt39 on October 11, 2011, 09:06:19 PM
Whatever about the players or management it's surely time Dunphy was pensioned off, same aul predictable shite.

http://www.eamondunphysoundboard.com/
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

laoislad

Quote from: anglocelt39 on October 11, 2011, 09:06:19 PM

Didn't realise how bad he had gotten.
This was the first home qualifying game I couldn't attend and had to make do with watching on RTE.
Dunphy is an arsehole.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J OGorman

Quote from: Declan on October 11, 2011, 09:08:54 PM
QuoteThis is your bastarding country, through thick and often painful thin, get behind them ffs, and not just during the good times.
Bullshit  - getting behind them and criticizing them are not mutually exclusive

Don't worry Declan, nobodies gonna stop you spreading your venom behind your keyboard, keep her lit. Anger is your friend

Declan

Spreading anger -get real will you. When will people realise that you can support your team and hope they qualify and still criticize their performance.

Celt_Man

Jaysus that was desperate stuff to watch... we can't play football lads and that's a big problem in a football game...

Doyle was silly and Trap was even more silly to not take him off instead of Cox moments before... But he must be so frustrated playing in that team with that sort of a game plan i.e. the Garryowen and play for territory rather than possession  >:(

Whoever we get we're surely gonna be massive underdogs that said it's great to be the play offs and be so close to a major tournament...

By the way I'll be roaring at the TV hoping like hell we win both playoff games - One can criticise your team and still  be a supporter...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

muppet

Quote from: Celt_Man on October 11, 2011, 09:19:54 PM
By the way I'll be roaring at the TV hoping like hell we win both playoff games - One can criticise your team and still  be a supporter...

Is that not a must for the Gaa supporter?
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Jaysus that was desperate stuff to watch... we can't play football lads and that's a big problem in a football game...

Doyle was silly and Trap was even more silly to not take him off instead of Cox moments before... But he must be so frustrated playing in that team with that sort of a game plan i.e. the Garryowen and play for territory rather than possession  >:(

Whoever we get we're surely gonna be massive underdogs that said it's great to be the play offs and be so close to a major tournament...

Yeah of course you can criticise them when they deserve it and they do deserve some after tonight.
Some fellas just love to always look at the glass half empty though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Celt_Man

Quote from: laoislad on October 11, 2011, 09:25:51 PM

Yeah of course you can criticise them when they deserve it and they do deserve some after tonight.
Some fellas just love to always look at the glass half empty though.

Tis the Irish way of going on I'm afraid...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Galwaybhoy

I'm not really worried about missing Doyle.  I don't think either Doyle or Long are that good when playing for Ireland but between the two I'd rather see Long.  I'm more worried about Keane missing the game.  People like to bash Keane at every opportunity but whatever about his club form down through the years he is easily Irelands best striker of all time and while frustrating at times we can't do without him.

AFS

Even Estonia? The Czechs or Montenegro shouldn't have anyone quaking in their boots either. Some people need to realise that there are feck all decent international sides out there. Playing tight, percentages football like we do gives us a decent shot against the vast majority of opponents. One defeat in twenty qualifying games is an impressive record.

Orangemac

Walters played well tonight in the 10 mins he was on and despite Cox working hard tonight Walters and Long up front if Keane is not available would be a decent partnership.

So Portugal, France, Croatia and Czech Rep would be top seeds? Would take Czech Republic.

thewobbler

It's bizarre that at a time when Ireland have never had so many useful options up front - Keane, Doyle, Long, Walters, Best and Cox all Premiership regulars (keane not so long ago) - that Ireland never look like scoring.

I'd go with Walters and Long next time out.

I have to say though, fair play to Trap. Scotland and Wales are similarly sized, football mad countries, but it's been many years since either could ground out a result like the current Irish crop. I'd love to see better football, but there is a genuine absence of ball players about.