J70

manfromdelmonte

Great to see all the new toffees on board for the coming season
I'll reserve judgement when its over

J70

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 20, 2021, 11:13:57 PM

Not a single one who has commented has passed judgement.

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on July 21, 2021, 11:29:58 AM

Funny thing is if it was a Liverpool player manfromdelmonte would have had plenty to say...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on July 21, 2021, 11:31:11 AM

Funny thing is if it was a Liverpool player manfromdelmonte would have had plenty to say...

In fairness to the man I think he's referring to the stellar signings of Begovic, Townsend and your other bloke from Leicester, what's his name, and not the allegations that are floating around about Iceland....or maybe I'm giving him too much credit?

On a side note I see that Liverpool dock has been stripped of its UNESCO world heritage status with the proposed building of the stadium at BMD being name checked as a key factor. I wonder will this out the hand brake on for the development of the new stadium?  Will be convenient if it is as it's gonna be a real money pit

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 21, 2021, 11:35:32 AM

In fairness to the man I think he's referring to the stellar signings of Begovic, Townsend and your other bloke from Leicester, what's his name, and not the allegations that are floating around about Iceland....or maybe I'm giving him too much credit?

My point still stands though.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 21, 2021, 11:35:32 AM

On a side note I see that Liverpool dock has been stripped of its UNESCO world heritage status with the proposed building of the stadium at BMD being name checked as a key factor. I wonder will this out the hand brake on for the development of the new stadium?  Will be convenient if it is as it's gonna be a real money pit
It'll do the opposite. It will allow liverpool city council regenerate more of the area
And the proposed stadium was only one of the developments listed
Amazing they can decide this without visiting the city

Anyway

Mr. Nakata

Rafa off to a good start after a warm reception from the Goodison faithful. The opening 45 minutes was pretty dreadful with Keane's horrendous mistake punished. Rafa must have flung a few tea cups at half time, as well as tweaking the system because the tempo and desire was much better in the second half. Richarlison and Doucoure both excellent. I thought Gray and Townsend both done ok on home debut. Looking at the opening 10 fixtures, it looks kind of favourable....but ye just never know. We need more signings. Right back and a bit of creativity in the middle. Expect James and Kean to be shipped out and whatever money is raised from those sales need to be spent.

johnnycool

In Rafa we trust.  ;D

Bargain basement signings proving to be inspired but he'll need Allan and Doucoure to keep fit as they were instrumental in all things good for Everton last year as well. When either or both were injured Everton were porous as hell.

SHEEDY

Quote from: johnnycool on September 14, 2021, 10:55:23 AM
In Rafa we trust.  ;D

Bargain basement signings proving to be inspired but he'll need Allan and Doucoure to keep fit as they were instrumental in all things good for Everton last year as well. When either or both were injured Everton were porous as hell.

Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend are obviously talented players, it's just whether they can maintain a level of consistency over a long period of games. Everton started last season well before it tailed off, so hopefully they can keep the early season form going.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

extra time

no disgrace going out on pens to the mighty hoops