Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Fear strikes Monaghan on the big stage. Again.

RedHand88

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 31, 2021, 04:15:44 PM
I think Tyrone will win this but they play too defensively to beat either Kerry or Dublin.

You just don't know football.

Captain Obvious

Monaghan so loose in defence and making some amount errors both ends of the field. Banty is fuming on the bench.

Schkite

We're making the chances, but these wides are unforgivable

RedHand88

Theres a Tyrone goal coming with these long balls.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Monaghan kick-outs have been very poor. No one running into space for Beggan to pick out.

Milltown Row2

Monaghan have been rubbish this first half, Tyrone being efficient with the ball, no spark to the game yet.

If Monaghan want anything from this game they'll need to take the handbrake off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Tyrone 0-11 Monaghan 0-6. Looking like a very routine win for Tyrone. Have Monaghan a kick in them? This is the worst they have played all year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BennyCake

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 31, 2021, 04:43:59 PM
Tyrone 0-11 Monaghan 0-6. Looking like a very routine win for Tyrone. Have Monaghan a kick in them? This is the worst they have played all year.

Tyrone haven't let them play

joemamas

Quote from: BennyCake on July 31, 2021, 04:44:56 PM

Would not go that far,
they are the better team, but Monaghan at least six wides from inside 30+ meters

The Subbie

Brutal frat half from Monaghan, if they don't up the intensity and sort out the score taking in the first 10 mins of second half it'll be Tyrone by 8 or 9 at the end
Don't think I've ever seen a Monaghan full back line as loose
Not sure why McAnespie and O'Connell aren't going at Tyrone more , O'Hanlon too

Schkite

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 31, 2021, 04:42:13 PM
Monaghan kick-outs have been very poor. No one running into space for Beggan to pick out.

I'm surprised we haven't once tried to kick it over the top for someone to run onto - given Beggan is well capable of that, Tyrone were pushing up and we have pacey players who can use the space.

Overall a very poor performance and some really questionable decisions being made with how we're playing. Far too slow alot of the time in the build up - when we started to kick it in early we found a man most times, whether we got a score or not. Then the wides have been really bad. And the defence is so stand off-ish.

We're lucky to just be 5 back, we'll need a goal early in the second half I'd say. Big improvement needed, we need to move the ball much quicker and use the pace. Tyrone have played very well and set up perfectly, but this Monaghan side are capable of much more than what they're showing. I don't mind a loss if we at least give it a proper go, half of them don't look arsed at the minute.

Silkyskillssunshinee

McManus missed a couple of scores that he puts over 9/10. A few other straightforward enough chances missed. Not too much between them, Tyrone just that bit more clinical.

trueblue1234

Monaghan won't miss as much in the second half. Tyrone look solid, but I'd always fear giving a goal away.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Blowitupref

Tyrone haven’t let them play

20 attacks v 19 in that half.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose