I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

armaghniac

Quote from: gallsman on May 23, 2015, 01:18:13 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 22, 2015, 08:36:19 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 22, 2015, 08:21:40 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 22, 2015, 08:05:43 PM
Turnout going to be decent. This is just as well, indeed there is a case for some minimum turnout requirement for constitutional referenda, which might mean they would plan them better. It is clear that the electoral register is in bits, which is hardly news, quite apart from the people living in England flying home there are all sorts of stories of non Irish citizens voting. This wasn't a problem 30 years ago, but if something was close and a lot of people not entitled to vote did so it could become controversial.

Presumably turnout is affected the bookies odds.

hahahahahahahahahaha ........................ what a complete pile of shite

So what are you saying, that there are no non Irish people voting? That the register is perfect?

Do you even oboe the rules about who is allowed to vote, and the rationale for it?

Yes, I oboe the rules about who is allowed to vote, and the rationale for it.
I made the point that the system is not well run.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Well done, you corrected a typo. The thing is, the system, whether you think it's right or wrong, is applicable to both sides.

Also Fearon, your "tongue in cheek" comments prove, as if it was required, that you are a despicable, hateful **** of the highest order, as is anyone who defends you. That's you, Stew.

armaghniac

Quote from: gallsman on May 23, 2015, 01:27:55 AM
Well done, you corrected a typo. The thing is, the system, whether you think it's right or wrong, is applicable to both sides.

The system is the same for both sides, but one side can play the system and not always legally.

gallsman

Quote from: armaghniac on May 23, 2015, 01:38:11 AM

The system is the same for both sides, but one side can play the system and not always legally.

The system is the same. Both sides can play it.

screenexile

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 01:09:21 AM
The vote applies to the free state only.If proper democracy applied on this island,a No vote would be recorded as all unionists in the north are opposed to gay marriage as are the majority of Catholics.

Sadly a Yes vote will widen further the chasm between North and South,and lessen further the appeal of unification to many Catholics never mind unionists

That's strange seeing as both Nationalist Parties in the North support Gay marriage... Are you sure about that Tony or are you underestimating the power of the open and tolerant youth in the North against the evangelical fogies clinging to the Old Testament??

T Fearon

I am saying that a substantial majority of Northern Catholics would vote No in any Gay marriage referendum

armaghniac

Quote from: gallsman on May 23, 2015, 01:41:31 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 23, 2015, 01:38:11 AM

The system is the same. Both sides can play it.

Both sides may not be equally willing to play it.

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 01:09:21 AM
The vote applies to the free state only.If proper democracy applied on this island,a No vote would be recorded as all unionists in the north are opposed to gay marriage as are the majority of Catholics.

Sadly a Yes vote will widen further the chasm between North and South,and lessen further the appeal of unification to many Catholics never mind unionists
Yet more horseshite. Many thousands of non-fundamentalist Christian unionists are in favour of gay marriage. 

T Fearon

Are you seriously saying a majority in the North would back gay marriage?

Gaaboardmod3

4. Inappropriate posts, incitement or racist posting.
   This is a very broad topic, and can be the most subjective in the way the moderators view things. In general, it would be the 'good manners' rule. Specific examples of
    inappropriate posts would be the following. (This list is by no means conclusive)
      - Abusive posts between fans of soccer teams, clearly not part of good humoured banter. Mentions of Hillsborough, Munich, Heysel or alluding to these incidents in a
        way designed to incite other posters to break forum rules.
      - Sectarian posts, or posts advocating violence against any community or person. Some of the topics under discussion from the different cultures on this island have
        come close to this. That will not be allowed or accomodated.
      - Racist posts, including posts propogating racist views about any race or community.
      - inappropriate posts such as the Maddie McCann jokes etc.

Lads, this debate has been very well behaved in general, on an emotive topic. Tony Fearons post above goes beyond the realm of acceptable debate.

This is not Tony's first foray over the line, and I would be justified in handing out a ban. That post is at best in extremely poor taste, and at worst homophobic. I think maybe we've been a little lax in handing out bans recently so I won't do it now. I will delete the posts and Tony, one more even questionable post on this topic, you will be banned.

Gaaboardmod3

Those replying to Tomys post with abuse are also in breach of board rules, so please do not continue to do so or you will also face a ban. Keep it clean lads.

Itchy

Bye Tony, miss ya already.
Come 5pm all will be revealed. I expect a decent win for yes vote.

Estimator

Tony, why do you only reserve your very strong views on this subject for gaaboard?
You're an active Twitter user with upwards of 10k tweets, yet very few comments are made about such contentious issues. I seriously doubt that you would even think about tweeting the Baggott St quip for fear of the expected backlash.
Ulster League Champions 2009

T Fearon

Twitter is observational,this board is topic specific.Unlike others here I do not indulge in personal abuse ( not anymore) yet I am frequently threatened with bans?

Comments on this board  against Catholicism,and Christianity in general are an absolute disgrace,but those who post them seem to be immune from any form of chastisement.

Itchy

The squeeze is on the likes of you Tony. If you don't join the DUP you might want to consider another country, Saudi Arabia is one but I think you are more hardcore so the Islamic State would be a better match. You alternatively could set up your own fundamentalist Christian dictatorship some where like Greenland or Antarctica and "Israel like" invite all the holy joes to go there too. I think that's a fair proposal.