And now for something completely different - Phillip v Dermot The Revenge

Started by AIG_REP, May 23, 2014, 03:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BartSimpson

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 26, 2014, 11:39:34 AM
Well done Thisonegoesto11.
I think you're only the second Dub to post on here or maybe third if you include BartS

They must be all biting their tongues
I'd say ye'll be in for a few tough months now playing Laois and all war of attrition.
Fellas have been shot for less. I'm no Dub, lets be clear on that ;D
guwan the parish

Hound

Feck sake, dunno how many times I skipped over this thread thinking it would be some nordie stuff about Philip Jordan or someone. There's nobody on the Dubs panel by the name of Dermot, and I'd say only his mother calls the other headbanger Philip.

I find it amusing that the lad who spent all that time writing the opening post was too cowardly to do it under his normal handle!

Philly and Diarmuid both in excellent form for the Dubs during the league campaign - not sure of the order, but alongside Jonny Cooper I'd make them our best 3 players during the entiriety of the NFL - so hopefully they don't do anything that limits their involvement in the championship.

Crete Boom

How many Gaa Board accounts is Don't Matter going to have by the time we get to the All Ireland semi's assuming the Dubs march impressively to the semi's as they did last year? I am going to say at least ten ;D.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Hound on May 26, 2014, 01:58:17 PM
so hopefully they don't do anything that limits their involvement in the championship.
Sure why would they? 8)

Fuzzman

Was it provoked or not?
I heard yet man was in his ear all evening

PaddyP73

Quote from: ballinaman on May 27, 2014, 04:35:14 PM
Handy enough sentence.....what if he didn't play football?

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dublin-star-diarmuid-connolly-ordered-3613585

maybe instead of coaching kids he should be sent to Mayo and coach their forwards how to kick the ball over the bar  ;)

ballinaman

Hotshot Hamish

People are put in Jail for not paying a dog licence and this guy gets off almost scot free for breaking a guys jaw.
Crazy world.

heffo

This used to be a great forum.

Now it's descended into continual crap like this.

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: heffo on May 28, 2014, 08:31:03 AM
This used to be a great forum.

Now it's descended into continual crap like this.

Agree. Folk talk about GAA ethics. An amateur sport and people start threads to attack and undermine individual players. Attempts to dig up dirt on individual players is a disappointing thing to see on a GAA forum

Gaaboardmod3

OK lads, this topic is locked now, and I'm cleaning it up. The reason I left it locked as opposed to removing it is because I want to reinforce this message :

2. Libellous/insulting posts about a real person
   In this day and age, many more people are becoming aware of the existance of boards such as this. While this is generally a good thing, it also means that the posts are
   more likely to be read by a casual visitor to the site. In these circumstances, the board must protect itself against allegations of libel, or defamation and so any posts
   which make derogatory remarks about a named, or clearly implied, individual, are a serious breach of the rules, and dangerous to the board itself. This particularly applies
   to individuals' private lives, finances, legal issues etc etc. This also applies to unwarranted abuse of GAA players and officials.

I'm aware that the Diarmuid Connolly incident is public, and therefore debate has to be expected, however I am very uncomfortable with the tone of some of the comments, and also the comments regarding other people involved or not involved in this incident. Please have a bit of respect for people, and discuss our players as players. Best not to discuss other people at all.

I'm also aware the first post is tongue in cheek, but it has led where I feared it would, so I'm also removing that.