Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: David McKeown on May 03, 2021, 09:40:09 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 03, 2021, 09:01:34 PM
1st time I've had a look there but there is absolutely nowhere obvious in the calendar to play a rearranged fixture?

Award the game to Liverpool? Although I've not seen that option mentioned much anywhere.

If the Liverpool v West Brom game was moved forward to midweek when both teams are free then Utd could play Liverpool on the weekend of 15/16 I think.  Not particularly fair on Liverpool or West Brom mind

Yeah I spotted a a couple of different alternatives but all involved moving other fixtures which as you say isn't fair on other teams

johnnycool

Quote from: laoislad on May 03, 2021, 07:45:34 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 02, 2021, 07:05:13 PM
Good finish but poor defending by Liverpool.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedIssue/status/1388863347609722888
Now there's a guy who understands what the protests were supposed to be about, he's the kind of guy who understands  the club and their current plight. He needs to be applauded for standing up to the billionaire owners of his club.
Though to be fair it is possible that some might be sceptical and see a guy who chanced his arm and followed the mob as they broke into the stadium, armed with a football so he could boast to his mates that he played at and scored a goal at Old Trafford.

VAR would have ruled that one out for handball in the buildup to the play  ;D

Billionaire owners aren't always the problem evidently just the American ones..

The Glazers haven't spent one brass farthing of their own on Manchester United and all the transfer funds spent wisely or otherwise was raised my Man U and yet the Glazers take a chunk out of United year after year as well as servicing the huge dept they've accrued on the Stadium.
Parasites are far too strong a word for them.

The FSG crowd at Liverpool aren't much better, just not as brazen.

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on May 03, 2021, 09:50:16 PM
1st time I've had a look there but there is absolutely nowhere obvious in the calendar to play a rearranged fixture?

Award the game to Liverpool? Although I've not seen that option mentioned much anywhere.

If the Liverpool v West Brom game was moved forward to midweek when both teams are free then Utd could play Liverpool on the weekend of 15/16 I think.  Not particularly fair on Liverpool or West Brom mind

Yeah I spotted a a couple of different alternatives but all involved moving other fixtures which as you say isn't fair on other teams

I would say the other teams will not be inclined to be particularly accommodating in sorting out a fixture problem for 2 of the "Big six" given recent events

StPatsAbu

Quote from: johnnycool on May 04, 2021, 09:07:17 AM
Quote from: laoislad on May 03, 2021, 07:45:34 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 02, 2021, 07:05:13 PM
Good finish but poor defending by Liverpool.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedIssue/status/1388863347609722888
Now there's a guy who understands what the protests were supposed to be about, he's the kind of guy who understands  the club and their current plight. He needs to be applauded for standing up to the billionaire owners of his club.
Though to be fair it is possible that some might be sceptical and see a guy who chanced his arm and followed the mob as they broke into the stadium, armed with a football so he could boast to his mates that he played at and scored a goal at Old Trafford.

VAR would have ruled that one out for handball in the buildup to the play  ;D

Billionaire owners aren't always the problem evidently just the American ones..

The Glazers haven't spent one brass farthing of their own on Manchester United and all the transfer funds spent wisely or otherwise was raised my Man U and yet the Glazers take a chunk out of United year after year as well as servicing the huge dept they've accrued on the Stadium.
Parasites are far too strong a word for them.

The FSG crowd at Liverpool aren't much better, just not as brazen.

Apart from the small fact that FSG bought a club that was broke after the previous owners and invested significant cash. The Glazers invested zilch.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: TabClear on May 04, 2021, 09:10:02 AM
Quote from: Boycey on May 03, 2021, 09:50:16 PM

I would say the other teams will not be inclined to be particularly accommodating in sorting out a fixture problem for 2 of the "Big six" given recent events

And from the discussion on twitter from the guys at the front of this they're going to try to stop the replayed game too. This could get interesting.
Your man that used to help Rory's Stories is going to be losing it altogether if they ruin his Sunday viewing again

tiempo

Why don't the MU and Liverpool fans just buy the clubs and implement the 50+1 German style model they seem to yearn for, enough of the white noise, get on with it already

And as for the weekend pitch invasion, there should be arrests and prosecutions, absolute sc**bag antics from the so called "fans"

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: tiempo on May 04, 2021, 11:56:10 AM
Why don't the MU and Liverpool fans just buy the clubs and implement the 50+1 German style model they seem to yearn for, enough of the white noise, get on with it already

And as for the weekend pitch invasion, there should be arrests and prosecutions, absolute sc**bag antics from the so called "fans"

They can't because the Glazers won't sell any shares with voting rights. Simple

tiempo

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 04, 2021, 12:01:39 PM

Right, so the Galzers own the business fair and square and its their prerogative to manage as they see fit, struggling to see what the issue is

Armagh18

Quote from: tiempo on May 04, 2021, 12:15:11 PM

Right, so the Galzers own the business fair and square and its their prerogative to manage as they see fit, struggling to see what the issue is
If you're struggling to see what the issue, read up on whats going on there and if you still don't see what the issue is, you're just being awkward

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 04, 2021, 12:29:13 PM

If you're struggling to see what the issue, read up on whats going on there and if you still don't see what the issue is, you're just being awkward

Not really, Tiempo has a fair point.

What is the problem? There is no legal problem here. Morals in football, as we've seen in the past month especially are.....changeable.

tiempo

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 04, 2021, 12:29:13 PM

The "fans" should start a go fund me and make the Glazers an offer they can't refuse, or bore off

Surely there's enough brain power among the lot that broke in at the weekend, if they turned their efforts to something more productive they could have the club back in a week

Neville could head them up, seeing as he incited the whole fandango

Mikhail Prokhorov

What has been forgotten is that Ferguson created this whole mess in the first place, his spat with Magnier caused them to increase their shares in order to sell to the Glazers. They knew that would f**k the club over but Sir Rednose was too greedy to see it  ;D

mouview

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on May 04, 2021, 12:40:28 PM
What has been forgotten is that Ferguson created this whole mess in the first place, his spat with Magnier caused them to increase their shares in order to sell to the Glazers. They knew that would f**k the club over but Sir Rednose was too greedy to see it  ;D

There's a certain dichotomy in observing that SAF was responsible for MU's greatest successes in this era but also was instrumental in bringing about their current situation. Being hard-nosed businessmen through, I wonder what Magnier and McManus would ultimately have done with their holdings? Might have found the lure of middle-east oil money too hard to resist in the long run.