Galway team named.
Power
Glynn Mulkerrin Silke
O'Donnell McHugh Heaney
Cooke Conroy
PKelly Tierney Brannigan
Conneely Comer Walsh
Subs
Sweeney Steede Molloy SKelly Gleeson Barrett OLaoi Finnerty Culhane LCostello Duane

Flynn and Daly injured. Sean Kelly carrying a slight knock I think hence is on the bench. I think 9 of that team started the Connacht final.

Interesting to see how they go, genuinely have no idea if they will be good or poor tomorrow. Tough match up as Kerry have been seething since the Cork match last year so expecting them to come out all guns blazing, Galway had a terrible post COVID lockdown season with 3 losses on the bounce and outside of Sean Kelly and Conroy - who was unplayable for club and county - not too many performed up to standard at all, good bit of pressure on there as well.
Overall there's no point getting too up or down about this league once they show some bit of form ahead of the Roscommon Connacht semi-final and aren't relegated.
That's it in a nutshell.  God only knows where some teams and players will be at in terms of prep / conditioning etc.  A clean bill of health and as close to a fully fit squad as possible going into the championship would make a welcome change for Galway.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Angelo on May 14, 2021, 09:28:12 AM
Tyrone will probably the county with the most attention on them in Div 1 this season. The only county with a new management team involved and the potential for McKenna and McShane to play at senior level for the first time together is certainly exciting.

Most teams have a lot of unknowns about them.

Galway for example, they were all hyped up about 15 months ago but looking at that team named I think it looks weak and wouldn't expect much from them this year. Now granted, there are a lot of unfamiliar players there and 18 months can do a lot for young players coming into panels if they have been working diligently on their conditioning and physique. With gyms closed and lack of group training in that time though it will likely have interrupted that development for many.

I think MacNiallais is back for Donegal which is great for the game, such a skillful and talented footballer. Bonner will surely be under pressure here, can't see him getting another turn if they don't get to an AI semi final this year. I think they really need to stop flogging Murphy. Keep him on the 45 and allow him play.

Kerry and Dublin probably both fairly unchanged in terms of personnel?

Louth in division four have got as much attention by the media, have Tyrone lost its appeal since Mickey Harte left?

rosnarun

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on May 14, 2021, 01:53:13 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 14, 2021, 09:10:58 AM
Quote from: galwayman on May 13, 2021, 09:56:59 PM
Galway team named.
Power
Glynn Mulkerrin Silke
O'Donnell McHugh Heaney
Cooke Conroy
PKelly Tierney Brannigan
Conneely Comer Walsh
Subs
Sweeney Steede Molloy SKelly Gleeson Barrett OLaoi Finnerty Culhane LCostello Duane

Flynn and Daly injured. Sean Kelly carrying a slight knock I think hence is on the bench. I think 9 of that team started the Connacht final.

Interesting to see how they go, genuinely have no idea if they will be good or poor tomorrow. Tough match up as Kerry have been seething since the Cork match last year so expecting them to come out all guns blazing, Galway had a terrible post COVID lockdown season with 3 losses on the bounce and outside of Sean Kelly and Conroy - who was unplayable for club and county - not too many performed up to standard at all, good bit of pressure on there as well.
Overall there's no point getting too up or down about this league once they show some bit of form ahead of the Roscommon Connacht semi-final and aren't relegated.
That's it in a nutshell.  God only knows where some teams and players will be at in terms of prep / conditioning etc.  A clean bill of health and as close to a fully fit squad as possible going into the championship would make a welcome change for Galway.
even if you are not bother about the league for its own sake . its vitall for teams in a buildin phase  to take each match in the league as serious as possible . esp with a condensed season  where challenge matches will be few and far between.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Much changed Roscommon team. Dublin going very strong, do they think this is a Super 8 group championship match?

Rossfan

A few mild surprises in the Ros team (or not in it!!) with some injuries picked up in challenge games last week end I hear.
Dublin probably going serious in this Sumner mini league as they know they'll likely only have cakewalks in Leinster.
I'd be content enough if we can keep it to single figures.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 15, 2021, 01:06:26 PM
Much changed Roscommon team. Dublin going very strong, do they think this is a Super 8 group championship match?

Is that not the team that started the AI final?

Wouldn't be surprised if they just submitted that teamsheet and start something completely different.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

galwayman

We are a f**king shambles

Cunny Funt

Galway a mile of the pace here and all too easy for Kerry.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Angelo on May 15, 2021, 02:37:48 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 15, 2021, 01:06:26 PM

Is that not the team that started the AI final?

Wouldn't be surprised if they just submitted that teamsheet and start something completely different.
Cluxton and Dean Rock started the AI final.

macker15

Bring back Kevin Welsh.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: galwayman on May 15, 2021, 03:23:59 PM
We are a f**king shambles
Humiliation really, you look back at the shocking performance against Mayo last year in the league and it's a carbon copy.
Take nothing away from Kerry, playing some lovely football, far superior in all aspects and really sticking it to the inferior team.

An Fhairche Abu

As close as I've ever come to turning off a match and doing something else, shocking stuff.

Blowitupref

Padraig Joyce wasn't telling a lie when he said they haven't had enough of training done. Kerry meanwhile, no way are they that fit from just 4 weeks of training.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

macker15

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 15, 2021, 03:47:03 PM
Padraig Joyce wasn't telling a lie when he said they haven't had enough of training done. Kerry meanwhile, no way are they that fit from just 4 weeks of training.

Kerry footballers are naturally talented. They just play off the cuff. Peter Kane has released the hand brand. Kerry will play an attacking brand of football this year mark my words.