Most liked household?

Parkers
Kennedys
Robinsons
House of Trousers
Freemans
Scullys

hitzelsperger

qub thats a joke, how can u mention stingray and drew kirk in the same sentence...drew has 50 times the man that stingray ever ever was!

qub la la la

Quote from: hitzelsperger on June 01, 2007, 04:30:26 PM
qub thats a joke, how can u mention stingray and drew kirk in the same sentence...drew has 50 times the man that stingray ever ever was!

apologies hitzelsperger. i did not mean to draw such a direct comparison between drew and stingray. the only similarities are that they were both on neighbours and are now both dead.

ziggysego

Well I thought that Stingray was a brilliant addition to Ramsey Street. Obviously not up to the great Drew standards, but great all the same.
Testing Accessibility

tyroneboi

Stingray did annoy me a bit with his stupid bad language he used like 'spiggin awesome' and 'ya hufter'. But generally he was a good character and he will be sadly missed.

Does anyone else feel that if Karl hadnt give up the medicine and hadnt gone to London, would Stingray still be alive? He was one hell of a doctor that man and is a great loss to the profession.

ziggysego

Quote from: tyroneboi on June 01, 2007, 05:14:01 PM
Stingray did annoy me a bit with his stupid bad language he used like 'spiggin awesome' and 'ya hufter'. But generally he was a good character and he will be sadly missed.

Does anyone else feel that if Karl hadnt give up the medicine and hadnt gone to London, would Stingray still be alive? He was one hell of a doctor that man and is a great loss to the profession.

The thought had crossed my mind. That is why the medic world needs Karl and dare I say Karl needs the medic world.
Testing Accessibility

qub la la la

Quote from: ziggysego on June 01, 2007, 07:08:36 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on June 01, 2007, 05:14:01 PM

The thought had crossed my mind. That is why the medic world needs Karl and dare I say Karl needs the medic world.

well thats a bit of karma then, saying as it was janelle that pushed karl away from the oul medicine in the first place.

p.s. anyone related to bree would rather be where he is now....

Medic

sad reading about the row over neighbours trivia night....are we about to see 2 neighbours rival camps ???

http://www.defamer.com.au/2007/05/rogue_toadfish_threatens_thriv.html

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,21721886-10388,00.html

QuoteRow over Ramsay St trivia By Jonathon Moran
May 13, 2007 08:07am

A ROW has broken out over the right to stage Neighbours trivia nights, with actors in the soap setting up a "rebel" event to compete with sanctioned events.

For the past eight years George Josevski, or the Backpacker King as he is known, has run the official Neighbours trivia night every Monday, charging up to 300 mostly British backpackers $35 to meet and mingle with their favourite soap actors.

He is officially aligned with Neighbours producers Fremantle Media, licensing merchandise and providing tours to the set of the show.

Neighbours actors are paid more than $1000 to appear at Mr Josevski's trivia nights, held at Melbourne's Elephant and Wheelbarrow pub each week, and monthly at Sydney's Coolabah Restaurant and Bar.

But actor Ryan "Toadfish" Maloney is leading a rival business targeting British backpackers and going in direct competition with the official weekly event.

Maloney and Phantom Artists held their first trivia night at Melbourne's Gravity nightclub last week, charging $28.

Mr Maloney is believed to have held a meeting with his Neighbours co-stars on the set of the show, gaining the support of many of his high-profile colleagues including Ian Smith (Harold Bishop), Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson), Natalie Blair (Carmella Cammeniti) and Carla Bonner (Stephanie Hoyland).

Mr Josevski's supporters include Alan Fletcher (Dr Karl Kennedy), Nell Feeney (Janelle Timmins) and Damien Bodie (Dylan Timmins).

While Mr Josevski maintains the support of Fremantle Media, he fears the trouble could spell the end of his business.

"I am heartbroken and feel very much let down," Mr Josevski said.

"I have done nothing wrong to these people. It is a shame that it has happened because I have looked after Ryan Maloney.

"After eight years of building the business, I took all the risks but at the end of the day it all came to money. They just wanted a share of my business."

Mr Maloney refused to comment to The Sunday Telegraph.

He is believed to have approached at least one of Mr Josevski's major sponsors to get them to switch their support.
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Medic

seems like it's not all bad news that neighbours has switched over to 5

thanks to ja for posting the following article...

QuoteInside Scoop- New Neighbours! What will the soap's move to Five really mean?

It'll be the end of an era next year, when Neighbours ups sticks from the BBC- it's home for over 20 years- to rival channel Five in a deal rumoured to be worth some £300million. Concerned, Inside Soap grilled a Five Spokesperson on how the move will affect viewers....

Q: Will the episodes continue from those shown on BBC1?

A: The changeover should happen around March 2008, and it's our intention to pick up straight from the BBC episodes.

Q: At what times will Neighbours be broadcast?

A: We don't want to show our hand to our competitors too soon, but we're very aware of how well Neighbours works in it's current time slots.

Q: Will the soap still be shown at lunchtimes on weekdays?

A: Yes. The BBC currently airs the same episode of Neighbours twice in one day, whereas we show a repeat of the previous night's Home and Away at lunchtime. So we'll have to decide what will work best for Neighbours.

Q: Are there plans for later showings of an omnibus?

A: We'll screen Neighbours on our digital channel, Five Life, just as we do with Home and Away, and a weekend omnibus is definately in the pipeline.

Q: Will the whole country be able to tune in to Five by spring?

A: The switch from an analogue signal to digital is happening in phases over the next five or six years, but more than 90 per cent of the country currently recieves Five, and the remaining 10 per cent can watch it via digital or satellite transmitters.

Q: Do you have any plans to let us Brits catch up with the Aussie episodes?

A: It's useful for us to have a bit of a gap between UK and Australian episodes, and we're hoping that buffer will remain.

Q: Should we expect to see a huge amount of promotion to highlight the move?

A: Oh yes- there'll be a major marketing campaign! We want to reassure the show's fans that it's not our intention to upset them in any way. We'll be making the transition as smooth as possible.
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

ziggysego

It's good to see that Channel 5 appear to be respecting the loyal Neighbours viewers at this stage. Lets hope that is continues.

Prehaps the move over mightn't be so bad afterall, although I'm still not keen on the ad breaks.
Testing Accessibility

stiffler

I say fair play to toadie for setting up an alternative night, the more events like this the better. why should that lad claim a monopoly on the market?

Im looking forward to the weekend omnibus on five. 2hr solid of neighbours will be leathal viewing on a sunday morning.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Stranworst

That's it, I'm packing off to Oz this summer!!

ziggysego

Quote from: Medic on June 03, 2007, 11:37:20 PM
and alf from h&a (sorry i know this is a neighbours thread but that man is a legend) is also appearing regulary at the sydney neighbours night. (don't have a clue why he would be mingling with neighbours stars and neighbours fans though) :o)

Prehaps the cast of H and A are doer b@st@rds and he wants a part on the superior Aussie drama.
Testing Accessibility

stiffler

Another enthralling episode of neighbours today.

I wonder is that another one of Ramsey st's stallions life ended by a stallion?

(Drew Kirk R.I.P.)
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Gs Man

I'd hazard a guess that he'll be alright.  Lightning could never strike twice, or could it?
Keep 'er lit

Stranworst

What an episode tonight!!

Firstly, how quickly did Robbo get over the cliff incident??

Then moving on to Toadie, the man has been a Neighbours legend now for years and I was worried about him bottling up his feelings about Stingray RIP but was good to see him let it out thanks to the good work from Rachel the magnet and Zeke the freak.

Finally re Frazer, he is fast becoming my favourite character and it was very hard for me to see the incident at the end! But what a guy saving th'on wee girl and her stupid dog! Also wish him and Rosie would just give up the fight and get it on! Thought he was gonna tell her he loved her when he said that he couldn't hate her!!

Get well soon fraze

PS Olivers looking well after getting his bop chopped