Crossmaglen Rangers

Started by sam03/05, November 25, 2007, 06:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

They are some club. What is the secret to their success?
Some reckon they are probably the richest club in Ireland due to the money they got from the Brits.
A guy told me today that they have played in 23 finals either at Armagh, Ulster or All Ireland level and have never lost anyone know if that is true?

anyway they are a great club and a real credit to the GAA.

Armagh Exile

Crossmaglen have played in 22 finals - not counting replays - and have never lost.
12 Armagh
6 Ulster
4 All-Irelands
They are the greatest club team ever and are worthy of this thread.
Congratulations to them on their latest win.  When you consider they played the last two games without Francie, John D, Cathal and a still not fully fit Stephen they are just a awesome side.

dontcare

no they have never lost a final or a replay of any game either, good going.

pintsofguinness

richest club in Ireland? that's interesting but i wouldn't think they're the richest in armagh never mind Ireland.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Shortso79

Cross have an excellent underage structure.

When one senior player retires - there's a new young quality player to take his place.

It's a production line of great players.

The hunger is there too - embred into each player

Tyrones own

Quote from: Armagh Exile on November 25, 2007, 06:17:56 PM
Crossmaglen have played in 22 finals - not counting replays - and have never lost.
12 Armagh
6 Ulster
4 All-Irelands
They are the greatest club team ever and are worthy of this thread.
Congratulations to them on their latest win.  When you consider they played the last two games without Francie, John D, Cathal and a still not fully fit Stephen they are just a awesome side.

Surely this isn't the same Stephen that didn't belong on the County team because he didn't
even warrant his place on the Cross starting 15 ???
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

corn02

sam03/05

i thought they got 1.5 million compensation from the british government. due to them taking part of the ground. if that is true then surely they must be one of the richest clubs in the country

pintsofguinness

Quote from: sam03/05 on November 25, 2007, 07:21:29 PM
i thought they got 1.5 million compensation from the british government. due to them taking part of the ground. if that is true then surely they must be one of the richest clubs in the country
I don't know how accurate that is, but if it's true they do a good job hiding it. 
Granted they've a great stand and club house but a criticism I would have of them is that they never tried to expand and over the last ten years when they've been so successful they have never tried to take advantage of that, in a financial sense, and never were ones to break their neck fundraising.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Over the Bar

QuoteThey are the greatest club team ever and are worthy of this thread.

Nemo Rangers are in fact the greatest football club team ever, their achievements made all the more impressive since Cork is such a successful hurling county.  Cross are undoubtedly second and unless Armagh club football can mount a realistic challenge to their position, they will continue to practially get a by into Ulster each year and probably eclipse Nemo in future.  Well done to them.

Orior

The Brits should take some credit for this Cross team. Throughout the troubles, their presence created a mentality of no surender, and never beaten. Yes, today's win should even help them get over their Croatian depression.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Over the Bar on November 25, 2007, 08:15:14 PM
QuoteThey are the greatest club team ever and are worthy of this thread.

Nemo Rangers are in fact the greatest football club team ever, their achievements made all the more impressive since Cork is such a successful hurling county.  Cross are undoubtedly second and unless Armagh club football can mount a realistic challenge to their position, they will continue to practially get a by into Ulster each year and probably eclipse Nemo in future.  Well done to them.

Actually, the greatest challenge that Cross faced in this year's Championship (to date) was in Armagh, when they got it tight in a draw with Dromintee!

Given the logic that you were applying to Armagh football, in your previous post, based on a false premiss (quoted above), does it now follow that in the light of this new 'fact', you feel  that once Cross get out of Armagh, they have a bye to an All Ireland Club Semi Final?

Bring back Tyrone's Big Daddy/JohnnyBoy!   ;)

Pangurban

Undoubtedly a great Club and Team. Just wondering are all players native to the parish or do they from outside

Over the Bar

QuoteJust wondering are all players native to the parish or do they from outside

Donaldson is the obvious one, but are ther any others who have played for other clubs?

Orior

Quote from: Pangurban on November 25, 2007, 09:36:02 PM
Undoubtedly a great Club and Team. Just wondering are all players native to the parish or do they from outside

Do St Galls turn away St Mary's students?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians