Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: JimStynes on February 20, 2021, 11:05:22 PM
Kelly stopped! Hype job. He looked good for most of the fight too.

Won most of the rounds if not all apart from the last one before he was stopped. Kelly looked good too but you could see Ava's plan to just keep in there until he slowed down. Relentless work that didn't allow Kelly any rest. Mad how quick the tide turned there.

Marku looks brilliant, watched his last fight which was as bad a decision as I have ever saw. Clark looked amazing against Laws too but looked out of his depth tonight, but showed some heart and a good chin to stick in there for as long as he did.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Looks like Billy Joe has finally got his big fight with Canelo.

nrico2006

Aye, was announced the other night.  Mad how quickly Canelo was out again after the Smith fight.  The WBC seems to have lost a lot of credibility the past few years though, as your man was their mandatory challenger yet hadn't fought in 2 years and that last fight was a loss.  The 2 fights he had before that were against two fellas with nearly 50 losses between them. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jim Bob

Quote from: lurganblue on March 01, 2021, 11:27:23 AM

Hope Canelo knocks him senseless....

JimStynes

Quote from: Jim Bob on March 02, 2021, 08:08:28 AM

Same! An unlikeable sc**bag of a man

GetOverTheBar

Knockout in 6. Saunders has his payday and more importantly, he now has the legit earnings to launder some of his mates cash no questions asked.

nrico2006

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2021, 01:13:37 PM

Knockout in 6. Saunders has his payday and more importantly, he now has the legit earnings to launder some of his mates cash no questions asked.

I think it will go the 12.

JimStynes

Surprised no mention about the sudden death of the legend Marvin Hagler! Loved his fights. A hard hard man and a brilliant boxer.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on March 14, 2021, 09:52:11 PM
Surprised no mention about the sudden death of the legend Marvin Hagler! Loved his fights. A hard hard man and a brilliant boxer.

On the death notice thread
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Fury v AJ fully agreed according to Eddie Hearn.

Just enough time has drifted to forget about that Kinahan fella....

nrico2006

Been some undeserving fighters getting mandatory shots at titles of late, between that fella Okolie beat last night to the Turk that Canelo beat.

Kidder81

Did BT Sport bin this Frampton fight ? Now being shown on "boxing channel" IFL Tv on YouTube, which is handily sponsored by MTK.

Panorama effect ?

lurganblue

I see that Channel 5 have picked up this fight.  At least that's handy...

tiempo

Any take on Dennis McCann? Looks very mature for a young lad and from fighting stock

Taylor

Quote from: lurganblue on March 31, 2021, 09:06:29 AM
I see that Channel 5 have picked up this fight.  At least that's handy...

Found it weird that BT arent showing it.

Has Framptons stock dropPed that much or is it linked to MTK