If you only had choice of 1.......

Started by Louther, April 21, 2021, 10:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louther

Something bit more light hearted.

You've been forced to make a choice and only allowed one type of animal as your food source for rest of your life. Veg, spices, salads etc can all all be continued but your meat source is limited to one animal.

What would it be?

Cow/Cattle
Pig
Chicken
Fish
Duck
Sheep/Lamb
Other

Thoughts?

GetOverTheBar

Chicken.....just about.

Tough, I do love a steak though.....one thing I'm looking forward to when all opens is a serious steak and home busted at 10 after a few pints.

thewobbler

It depends on whether you can pull dairy from a cow still, regardless of your choice.

If not, then it has to be the cow.

If so, little miss piggy gives me too much enjoyment to let her live.

Louther

Based solely on meat source.

If dairy products factored in it would change a lot but there is now alternatives to cow milk.

lurganblue

Chicken probably, although I am swayed towards fish because of the huge variety of types.

seafoid

Chicken probably uses less water per kg
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thebigfella

Fish and only because there would be a bit of variety.

Louther

Surprised chicken getting a few calls.

Pig is slightly ahead of beef for me due to the variety and the options across meals.

Can have a good fry for breakfast, bacon/BLT for lunch and endless options for dinner - boiled bacon, pulled pork, pork chops, ribs, Fry, in a stir fry, wraps etc. As much as the variety and different tastes in them. Can't say I like it in a curry though.

Beef a strong second. Love a good steak and burger. Could I have it very day though?

Miss chicken as it's the only meat I enjoy in a curry, Indian specifically. Sad to see chicken wings go too.

Fish - it's alright but would have to expand greatly what I'd currently eat.

Lamb - I do enjoy lamb cutlets but it seasonal too to get good ones.

bigarsedkeeper

My brain says fish because of the variety of things you can have. But saying no beef or pork would be hard. Love a burger and a steak. Pork gives you a lot of options too.

I did a high protein eating plan at one time and you ate lots of meat but only one type per day. Beef days were the easiest, wasn't allowed pork unless it was free range. Chicken/poultry days were hard because its a lot of the same thing. It has the same consistency. Fish days were hard at the start because it's hard to eat a lot of fish and I didn't eat enough different types. As I went on the fish got easier. Lamb is better for you than you would think but as someone who grew up working with sheep the smell of it can put me off at times.

johnnycool

Quote from: thebigfella on April 21, 2021, 10:41:33 AM

What?

From a pig you can get gammon, rashers, pork loins and sausages not to mention trotters and the likes.

It's a super animal and eat pure shite..

Louther

Quote from: johnnycool on April 21, 2021, 11:13:32 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on April 21, 2021, 10:41:33 AM

What?

From a pig you can get gammon, rashers, pork loins and sausages not to mention trotters and the likes.

It's a super animal and eat pure shite..

;D ;D

They'd get rid of a body too if needed.

quit yo jibbajabba

Im just disappointed no vegan has come on yet to complain

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

StPatsAbu

Every man from Derry and Donegal would choose a sheep...