Guinness Surger

Started by gallsman, February 24, 2021, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Serious question. Is this all a cod, Bill?

StPatsAbu

Quote from: gallsman on March 13, 2021, 03:41:17 PM
The Rock bar on the Falls and makro apparently selling them. Surprised it's taken the Rock this long to get on board.

Tried the Rock at the weekend. They don't but sent me to Makro. Not checked out yet

StPatsAbu

So if surger units were a tenner originally, why are Guinness happy to let people buy £40 jewellery cleaners rather than drop the price of the genuine unit to £30-£40? 

JoG2

Quote from: StPatsAbu on March 14, 2021, 12:17:42 PM
So if surger units were a tenner originally, why are Guinness happy to let people buy £40 jewellery cleaners rather than drop the price of the genuine unit to £30-£40?

Are Guinness supplying new units?? I thought any to be had were from sellers on Ebay and the like. Guinness would need to be making hay though and producing ASAP. If they do, will be interesting to see what the price is

gallsman

They're not still produced as far as I'm aware.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: gallsman on March 14, 2021, 01:56:35 PM

So Guinness still supply the surger cans but not the surger unit? Why??

gallsman

Quote from: StPatsAbu on March 15, 2021, 12:01:17 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 14, 2021, 01:56:35 PM

So Guinness still supply the surger cans but not the surger unit? Why??

Because the home market was never really nothing more than a gimmick from what I can see. Surger was originally and primarily produced for smaller market locations where there would be demand for Guinness but not enough for publicans to install a full line and commit to going through kegs regularly - small hotels and the like.

JoG2

WeeDonns

Quote from: JoG2 on March 16, 2021, 01:38:47 PM
Have never used this site, but a very good deal by the looks of it

https://www.drinksaisle.co.uk/products/guinness-surger-cans-24-x-520ml

**THIS STOCK IS BEST BEFORE 16th of January 2021.**

JoG2

lurganblue

lurganblue

Guinness seem to have finally caught on and got their own product out for the home drinking. The Nitrosurge units seem to be flying out.