Guinness Surger

Started by gallsman, February 24, 2021, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 05, 2021, 01:09:39 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 05, 2021, 10:57:51 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 04, 2021, 09:15:48 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 04, 2021, 07:01:47 PM
FYI Emersons in  Armagh are selling Guinness Suger cans and ultrasonic baths.

Do you know what kind of surge unit they're using Harold? Couple of friends looking to dip.

It's just a basic ultrasonic cleaner (£30 I think) according to the lad in the off licence, he did say the cans were selling very quickly. I'd be surprised if McAnerneys didn't have them as well.
Just bought one and a few cans. 20 quid for the unit. It's called a Foam Maker and is very lightweight so will reserve judgement until I get home.

This is the one Emerson's have

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/surger-unit-sonic-beer-foamer-perfect-head-frother-hot~c13487~p28766597/?exta=gshp&stat=eyJpcCI6IjExLjk5IiwiZHAiOjAsImxpZCI6IjQ0OTE5NDA1IiwicyI6IjEwMCIsInQiOjE2MTM2MzI2MjYsImJtYyI6IjAuMCJ9&lid=44919405&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyoeCBhCTARIsAOfpKxj8z3xMR0vmSx3jAMVK6ZyT9WSbrpMBZc631gGLRzVpTkTTaCaWd08aAjf1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks men. That's interesting Tony. I was about to pull the trigger on something similar until Gallsman had warned against cheaper variations of the Guinness surge. Those foamers are 110khz, Guinness and jewelry cleaners are around 40khz. Wouldnt know the physics behind this at all. They must work if the Offy's are selling them. Be interesting to hear from someone who has tested a foamer.

Harold Disgracey

My ultrasonic cleaner has just arrived, I bought a few cans last night in advance of my beershark delivery. Will give it a go this evening.

lurganblue

Quote from: JoG2 on March 05, 2021, 01:42:34 PM

Do you know what kind of surge unit they're using Harold? Couple of friends looking to dip.

It's just a basic ultrasonic cleaner (£30 I think) according to the lad in the off licence, he did say the cans were selling very quickly. I'd be surprised if McAnerneys didn't have them as well.
Just bought one and a few cans. 20 quid for the unit. It's called a Foam Maker and is very lightweight so will reserve judgement until I get home.

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/surger-unit-sonic-beer-foamer-perfect-head-frother-hot~c13487~p28766597/?exta=gshp&stat=eyJpcCI6IjExLjk5IiwiZHAiOjAsImxpZCI6IjQ0OTE5NDA1IiwicyI6IjEwMCIsInQiOjE2MTM2MzI2MjYsImJtYyI6IjAuMCJ9&lid=44919405&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyoeCBhCTARIsAOfpKxj8z3xMR0vmSx3jAMVK6ZyT9WSbrpMBZc631gGLRzVpTkTTaCaWd08aAjf1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks men. That's interesting Tony. I was about to pull the trigger on something similar until Gallsman had warned against cheaper variations of the Guinness surge. Those foamers are 110khz, Guinness and jewelry cleaners are around 40khz. Wouldnt know the physics behind this at all. They must work if the Offy's are selling them. Be interesting to hear from someone who has tested a foamer.

Similar type units don't get a good review on amazon for use with surger tins. Would be interested to hear if this one works.

JoG2

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 05, 2021, 04:00:45 PM
My ultrasonic cleaner has just arrived, I bought a few cans last night in advance of my beershark delivery. Will give it a go this evening.

Look forward to the review Harold

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lurganblue on March 05, 2021, 04:54:34 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 05, 2021, 01:42:34 PM

Similar type units don't get a good review on amazon for use with surger tins. Would be interested to hear if this one works.
I'd be fairly certain it won't be great but will issue a warts and all report this evening.

Tony Baloney

Well I took one for the team. Emerson's foam maker is rubbish for Guinness anyway - it simply doesn't have the power to generate a proper head. You get some head but it's not a proper pint.  Avoid. Harold over to you for your review.

It tastes creamy but also ever so slightly watery. I've had worse pints in a pub but I'll definitely seek out a new surger.

HiMucker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 05, 2021, 09:01:11 PM
Well I took one for the team. Emerson's foam maker is rubbish for Guinness anyway - it simply doesn't have the power to generate a proper head. You get some head but it's not a proper pint.  Avoid. Harold over to you for your review.

It tastes creamy but also ever so slightly watery. I've had worse pints in a pub but I'll definitely seek out a new surger.
Good work Tony. Now keep on going through these ultrasound units and tells us when you hit gold lol. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: HiMucker on March 05, 2021, 09:04:22 PM

Good work Tony. Now keep on going through these ultrasound units and tells us when you hit gold lol. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten!
;D

www.gofundme.com/TonySurgingForGold

Harold Disgracey

It worked reasonably well, I think I put too much water in the bath. It tasted very nice, almost pub quality and a million times better than cans of draught Guinness. I only had one to see if it worked as I'm off beer for lent!

This is the 'surger' I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076Q8VFQ1/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_api_fabc_E7G2ZWJYYYTPN119RZ9J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 05, 2021, 09:22:13 PM

It worked reasonably well, I think I put too much water in the bath. It tasted very nice, almost pub quality and a million times better than cans of draught Guinness. I only had one to see if it worked as I'm off beer for lent!

This is the 'surger' I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076Q8VFQ1/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_api_fabc_E7G2ZWJYYYTPN119RZ9J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
No longer available. How much did you pay for it?

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 05, 2021, 09:36:44 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 05, 2021, 09:22:13 PM

No longer available. How much did you pay for it?
There were 5 left about half an hour ago! I paid £35 for it.

HiMucker

Lads I have five available. £65, pm me if you're interested

Tony Baloney

Quote from: HiMucker on March 05, 2021, 10:17:20 PM
The gaaboard is a not for profit organisation  ;D

gallsman

Quote from: HiMucker on March 05, 2021, 10:17:20 PM

Catch yourself on ffs.

HiMucker

60 quid best I can do. Any lower and you're robbing me blind