Guinness Surger

Started by gallsman, February 24, 2021, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitySlicker11

Thanks, just purchased. Is there a minimum standard of jewellery cleaner required?

StPatsAbu

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on March 09, 2021, 08:26:36 PM
Thanks, just purchased. Is there a minimum standard of jewellery cleaner required?

One that holds a stout point glass

No1

Fellas, how much water are you putting into the cleaner?  Just enough to wet the bottom of the pint glass or better to fill up a bit to cover some of the bottom of the glass?

JoG2

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on March 09, 2021, 08:26:36 PM

You'll want one around 40-43khz ultrasonic frequency by the looks of it. Like this one...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Uten-Ultrasonic-Jewellery-Cleaning-Dentures/dp/B074Z8FN86

Few of us have bought these. 1 has road tested it (I'm holding off til St Patrick's day) , worked perfectly

Tony Baloney

Quote from: No1 on March 10, 2021, 01:54:43 PM
Fellas, how much water are you putting into the cleaner?  Just enough to wet the bottom of the pint glass or better to fill up a bit to cover some of the bottom of the glass?
The latter option.

CitySlicker11

Happy days, that is the one that I ended up going for last night. Will report next week.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: JoG2 on March 09, 2021, 08:09:00 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on March 09, 2021, 07:50:57 PM
Did anyone go for the standard delivery, £4.99 and did it take as long as 7-10 days?

Yes, one week on the button. (based in the North)

Same here, arrived a week after I ordered.

No1

Gallsman, you have played an absolute blinder with this thread. I was fully expecting to be disappointed but Christ the night the taste is pub quality. Awesome stuff. The only question is why did no-one find this miracle earlier in the pandemic?!

JohnDenver

Quote from: No1 on March 11, 2021, 10:45:08 PM
Gallsman, you have played an absolute blinder with this thread. I was fully expecting to be disappointed but Christ the night the taste is pub quality. Awesome stuff. The only question is why did no-one find this miracle earlier in the pandemic?!

Was thinking something similar - how Guinness missed a trick with this. From what I gather they were selling the official surger units for maybe £20 odd over 10 years ago when they were first released. They would have made a killing over the last year!

TabClear

Quote from: JohnDenver on March 11, 2021, 11:53:07 PM
Quote from: No1 on March 11, 2021, 10:45:08 PM

Was thinking something similar - how Guinness missed a trick with this. From what I gather they were selling the official surger units for maybe £20 odd over 10 years ago when they were first released. They would have made a killing over the last year!

I think you will see more from Guinness on this. There are an awful lot of home bars constructed around the country in the last year and a pub qulaity pint of stout for about £30 would be a must have in most!

imtommygunn

Home pubs and gyms. I see far more from companies fitting out gyms in garages etc too.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2021, 08:30:47 AM
Home pubs and gyms. I see far more from companies fitting out gyms in garages etc too.
So you'll be able drink the perfect Guinness while you work out!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JohnDenver

Quote from: laoislad on March 12, 2021, 09:13:06 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2021, 08:30:47 AM
So you'll be able drink the perfect Guinness while you work out!
All about the Iron....

gallsman

The Rock bar on the Falls and makro apparently selling them. Surprised it's taken the Rock this long to get on board.

JoG2

Carraig Off License is selling the surge cans (£2.19)for anyone in Derry City and surrounding areas. Strabane folk, I believe there's an off license in Omagh selling them too