Guinness Surger

Started by gallsman, February 24, 2021, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 05, 2021, 09:22:13 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 05, 2021, 09:01:11 PM
Well I took one for the team. Emerson's foam maker is rubbish for Guinness anyway - it simply doesn't have the power to generate a proper head. You get some head but it's not a proper pint.  Avoid. Harold over to you for your review.

It tastes creamy but also ever so slightly watery. I've had worse pints in a pub but I'll definitely seek out a new surger.

It worked reasonably well, I think I put too much water in the bath. It tasted very nice, almost pub quality and a million times better than cans of draught Guinness. I only had one to see if it worked as I'm off beer for lent!

This is the 'surger' I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076Q8VFQ1/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_api_fabc_E7G2ZWJYYYTPN119RZ9J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

;D. Going the extra yard!

Thanks men, looking forward to road testing next week.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JoG2 on March 05, 2021, 11:44:52 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 05, 2021, 09:22:13 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 05, 2021, 09:01:11 PM
Well I took one for the team. Emerson's foam maker is rubbish for Guinness anyway - it simply doesn't have the power to generate a proper head. You get some head but it's not a proper pint.  Avoid. Harold over to you for your review.

It tastes creamy but also ever so slightly watery. I've had worse pints in a pub but I'll definitely seek out a new surger.

It worked reasonably well, I think I put too much water in the bath. It tasted very nice, almost pub quality and a million times better than cans of draught Guinness. I only had one to see if it worked as I'm off beer for lent!

This is the 'surger' I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076Q8VFQ1/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_api_fabc_E7G2ZWJYYYTPN119RZ9J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

;D. Going the extra yard!

Thanks men, looking forward to road testing next week.
Not all heroes wear capes. If you see a surger that actually works and isn't 60 quid, fire up a link!

gallsman

Quote from: HiMucker on March 05, 2021, 11:38:01 PM
60 quid best I can do. Any lower and you're robbing me blind

You were looking a review of the pints a few days ago and now you suddenly have five surgers. Any number one ones 20 quid cheaper than that in Amazon will do the job.

StPatsAbu

Guinness were selling the original surger device for less than a tenner!!

HiMucker

Quote from: gallsman on March 06, 2021, 12:07:43 AM

You were looking a review of the pints a few days ago and now you suddenly have five surgers. Any number one ones 20 quid cheaper than that in Amazon will do the job.
How many Guinness have you had tonight to actually think I'm serious? You must have missed Tony's post were he said there was 5 lived at £35. Get te your bed lad

Hound

Quote from: HiMucker on March 06, 2021, 12:38:10 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 06, 2021, 12:07:43 AM

How many Guinness have you had tonight to actually think I'm serious? You must have missed Tony's post were he said there was 5 lived at £35. Get te your bed lad
I thought it was great work H ! 😄

gallsman

Ahhh, my apologies. Well done.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 06, 2021, 02:50:13 PM

Mighty. I just bought the same unit as you at the Amazon link. There is 1 left if anyone is looking one.

CitySlicker11

Any links to the tins for sale online?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on March 09, 2021, 07:20:40 PM
Any links to the tins for sale online?
Watched a video last night where it shows you can use standard widget cans. The trick is to not activate the widget by slow release of pressure. He used 330ml cans. First pour to the Harp on the glass, sonicate, then top up with the second can.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMAEMFAnqVL/?igshid=u1tsznwpr5ll

JoG2

CitySlicker11

Did anyone go for the standard delivery, £4.99 and did it take as long as 7-10 days?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on March 09, 2021, 07:50:57 PM
Did anyone go for the standard delivery, £4.99 and did it take as long as 7-10 days?
Where are you based?

JoG2

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on March 09, 2021, 07:50:57 PM

Yes, one week on the button. (based in the North)