Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: BennyCake on May 17, 2021, 09:42:34 PM
Surely he'll go to either United, City, Real or Barcelona? Who else is there?

100m transfer? More maybe?
Real or Barca haven't the nails to scratch their own holes atm hence their desperation for this Superleague.

City, Utd or PSG are the only viable options as Levy will put some stupid price on him initially but may have to relent as the window closes.

Utd probably need him the most if Cavani goes as he's meant to be.

Wonder will some club take a punt on Bamford? He's been impressive this year and needs to get out of the "on loan" model at Chelsea

GetOverTheBar

Leeds own Bamford outright.

NAG1

Cavani signed up for an additional year.

United fans will be hoping that this isnt a sop to prevent buying a striker in the summer window. To be challenging they will need a top class strikers, Abrahams isnt top level.

Fair point on the Spanish clubs, if the top English clubs come in for a player there should be no competition in terms of the fees offered. That's not to say that they still dont have the pulling power just for being who they are but both clubs look like they could be in trouble for a bit.

thewobbler

Kane won't go to United.

If he's leaving Spurs it's to win things. He's not, at his age, going to spearhead the rebuild of a team where there is no right sided players, and the likes of Fred features more often than not. United are really no closer to winning titles or Champions Leagues than the club he's supposed to want to leave.

It's Chelsea, or City. Maybe Liverpool if FSG can see the value. Nowhere else.

Chelsea would be the most likely.

Taylor

Quote from: thewobbler on May 18, 2021, 10:20:01 AM
Kane won't go to United.

If he's leaving Spurs it's to win things. He's not, at his age, going to spearhead the rebuild of a team where there is no right sided players, and the likes of Fred features more often than not. United are really no closer to winning titles or Champions Leagues than the club he's supposed to want to leave.

With Aguero going I cant see any reason why City wont go for him.

Fee and wages would not be an issue

brokencrossbar1

The advantage Chelsea have is they are London based and Kane will play anytime he is fit. Kane is all about Kane and wants to set personal records and beat Alan Shearers tally. He will get that opportunity for definite at either City or Chelsea, I just think he would be more suited to Chelsea's style than City.

seafoid

Quote from: macker15 on May 17, 2021, 09:28:01 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2021, 08:58:18 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 17, 2021, 08:32:34 PM
Spurs be feeling pain more than most at the minute with new stadium to fund in the middle of a pandemic... Not sure their bargaining position as strong as it would a few years back
Spurs are a mess. They dumped Poch to get Mourinho who was useless. They are nowhere near the Champions League Final now 2 years later. Levy is very poor.
Joe Lewis has a similar model to Kroenke . He is not interested in winning anything.

Agree Levy has made of mess of everything.  Should have given Poch a decent budget after making CL final against the odds.  Then players like Alli, Dier,Eriksen and Rose careers with downhill when more in big contract than playing. When Man Utd enquired about Rose and Dier they were quoted 50 million each at the time.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/05/18/end-harry-kanes-love-affair-spurs-likely-messy-one/
Kane has been the centrepiece of the Daniel Levy era at Tottenham, a figure whose roots and whose work ethic have connected him to supporters desperate for a hero. The flipside of that equation is that Levy is also a fearsome negotiator, who knows his club is drifting, that it cannot even find a manager, and that Kane is critical to any immediate prospects of success.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 18, 2021, 10:17:28 AM
Leeds own Bamford outright.

Ah right. It's hard to keep track with those Chelsea loanees.

lurganblue

Quote from: Taylor on May 18, 2021, 10:41:03 AM
Kane won't go to United.

Is Messi still available for Citeh this summer or has that situation now changed at Barca? 

I agree that Kane more than likely stays in the PL to chase the Shearer record.  I think it will be with city or utd.  He is still more likely to win trophies at Utd than at Spurs.

Taylor

Quote from: lurganblue on May 18, 2021, 11:34:51 AM
Quote from: Taylor on May 18, 2021, 10:41:03 AM
Kane won't go to United.

Is Messi still available for Citeh this summer or has that situation now changed at Barca? 

I agree that Kane more than likely stays in the PL to chase the Shearer record.  I think it will be with city or utd.  He is still more likely to win trophies at Utd than at Spurs.

At Utd he may win a Cup - thats the height of it and looking at their squad it will be that way for some time to come.

At City he is guaranteed to challenge for major honours year in year out - thats the simple facts

brokencrossbar1

The difficulty with Kane is that he has a long enough contract left and Levy will expect £120m. Not sure if the money men in either of the Manchester clubs will pay that money for a 28 year old player, with a 5 year contract, on at least £200k a week, and him very injury prone. He is one more bad ankle injury away from being finished. I know money generally is no issue but that is a serious question that would need to be asked

GetOverTheBar

Spurs won't sell to Chelsea. It's City or Utd and the latter may or may not be interested?

johnnycool

The top team that need him most can't afford him.

Liverpool

JoG2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 18, 2021, 12:12:32 PM
The top team that need him most can't afford him.

Liverpool

But Chelsea and Man City with their huge worldwide fan bases can. FFP

lurganblue

Will Spurs come down in price for a want away player in the covid market if the high offers are just not there?  Or will they keep him if the high asking price isn't met (like Sancho last year)?  I'd say it'll probably be the latter as Kane doesn't strike me as the type of lad to completely down tools.