TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

It's an absolute load of cliché ridden, poorly written and, at times, terribly acted pile of w**k. Hastings is basically written as a parody of himself these days with his catchphrases popping up multiple times every episode. Don't understand the hype about Mercurio as a writer at all. Bodyguard was shite too. The Wire this most certainly is not. Stephen Graham was the best thing by a mile about the show through its run to date, followed by Thandie Newtown and Keeley Hawes. Kelly MacDonald is crap.

None of which prevents it from being a massively entertaining, gripping and frequently nail-biting show.

An Watcher

Derry City show tonight was excellent. Great memories

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: An Watcher on April 19, 2021, 11:14:30 PM
Derry City show tonight was excellent. Great memories

Brilliant show

lurganblue

Quote from: Hound on April 19, 2021, 09:08:21 PM
Quote from: Rois on April 19, 2021, 06:54:27 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 19, 2021, 03:19:52 PM
Am I the only one who hasnt seen a second of Line of Duty?
We hadn't watched any, and started with Series One last week. We're watching 2 per night at the minute and enjoying it.
Where are you getting the early series?

Early ones are on Netflix

Rois

screenexile

Watched the first episode of Mare of Easttown and it looks very promising and will cover a range of issues affecting middle America. . . Having watched Line of Duty and Bloodlands recently it's like going from the Vauxhall conference to the Premier League in terms of acting Kate Winslet is is one of the best!

Louther

LOD last night.

After last two episodes, it felt a bit slower paced. First 15 minutes I was asking "why the hell are they on the run?" Did Kate want to get more information from Jo and felt she'd a better chance gaining her trust further? Seemed like was a part missing!

Interview very good. Carmichael very unlikeable. I don't think she is a bent copper but takes authority to its word and is following Osbornes brief to the last. Maybe even she has one eye on him and is playing both sides.

James Nesbitt a red herring?

Lot to be sorted next week.

Has it been confirmed if there is another season?

imtommygunn

<Spoiler alert>

I thought this was the last season?

One theory I read was Nesbitt was who Davidson thought was her da. I think that Davidson will have an attempt on her life and it will be unsuccessful and she will have a major part to play.

Not sure on Carmichael yet.

I wonder how much money Nesbitt got for his picture being shown up a good few times lol.

gallsman

Anna Maxwell Martin is brilliant as Carmichael. Fantastic actress.. Highly recommend her show Motherland (written by Sharon Horgan and, originally, Graham Linehan).

Louther

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2021, 09:39:13 AM
<Spoiler alert>

I thought this was the last season?

One theory I read was Nesbitt was who Davidson thought was her da. I think that Davidson will have an attempt on her life and it will be unsuccessful and she will have a major part to play.

Not sure on Carmichael yet.

I wonder how much money Nesbitt got for his picture being shown up a good few times lol.

Had believed it myself to be last but some talk it's never been confirmed.

Seen that one on Davidson alright and her comment to Kate in car and then not repeating this in interview suggests that something round this.

Another theory that has been flagged is that in interview Carmichael was clicking pen 4 times before Davidson would answer "No comment" and he tapped her pad 4 times as well when she was talking too much.

I do recall her tapping the pad with pen loudly at one stage and thought she was going to blow her lip with Hastings at the time but this puts an interesting light on it.

Is it too obvious that she be involved?

lurganblue

Found it a bit strange that Kate clearly was lured to her death by Joanne but yet let her continue to carry a gun. That's a decent leap of trust there...

Carmichael is so hateful a character. That smirk is enough to send temper levels through the roof.

lurganblue

Finished the Falcon and winter soldier series.  I thought this was an excellent addition to the marvel series.  I never had much interest in either of these characters from the films but there ya go...

Looking forward to the Loki series in June.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: lurganblue on April 26, 2021, 10:39:51 AM
Found it a bit strange that Kate clearly was lured to her death by Joanne but yet let her continue to carry a gun. That's a decent leap of trust there...

Carmichael is so hateful a character. That smirk is enough to send temper levels through the roof.

Yup. Youve lured me to a place to get me shot but thats ok lets jump in a car with our guns.......mother o god as the big lawd would say

screenexile

Definite change of pace last night and Carmichael is a brilliant character brilliantly acted everything is set up for a grandstand finish.

Still skeptical as to whether Nesbitt will actually appear or not. I hope it's just a bit of trolling and he doesn't!

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on April 26, 2021, 12:40:11 PM
Definite change of pace last night and Carmichael is a brilliant character brilliantly acted everything is set up for a grandstand finish.

Still skeptical as to whether Nesbitt will actually appear or not. I hope it's just a bit of trolling and he doesn't!

Was hoping the Spanish police would do us all a favour.