TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Ricci

I don't know about anyone else but I don't have a clue what is going on in Line of Duty at the minute. A lot of names being mentioned at a very fast pace. My heads wrecked trying to follow it all. I normally have to rewatch the episodes the next day to give myself half a chance.

screenexile

Quote from: Rich Ricci on April 18, 2021, 10:04:32 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I don't have a clue what is going on in Line of Duty at the minute. A lot of names being mentioned at a very fast pace. My heads wrecked trying to follow it all. I normally have to rewatch the episodes the next day to give myself half a chance.

Thought tonight was another quality episode... they're overdoing the Hastings thing with the suckin diesel comment but it's set up for a grandstand finish. Hopefully Nesbitt has sharpened his acting a bit since that last shite he did!!

What odds he can crowbar in "get 'er bucked" next week?

Norf Tyrone

Good and all as it is, are they not just copying the Jill Dando, Stephen Lawrence and Yewtree stories.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gallsman

f**king Jimmy Nesbitt about to show up too.

Main Street

You Nordies just love these corny intrigue  Brit police  dramas, wet your pants at a shoot out, worried sick over a nordie overplaying the nordie aspect letting the side down. And now James Nesbitt??

charlieTully

Quote from: Main Street on April 19, 2021, 12:19:06 AM
You Nordies just love these corny intrigue  Brit police  dramas, wet your pants at a shoot out, worried sick over a nordie overplaying the nordie aspect letting the side down. And now James Nesbitt??

I have to admit to being a tad scundered at the hyperbole. The lads go mad for anything filmed in Beal Feirste.

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on April 18, 2021, 11:39:31 PM

Dreading his first words already.

BennyCake

Am I the only one who hasnt seen a second of Line of Duty?

imtommygunn

Quote from: gallsman on April 18, 2021, 11:39:31 PM

Exactly my thinking. Better not ruin it :o

Rois

Quote from: BennyCake on April 19, 2021, 03:19:52 PM
We hadn't watched any, and started with Series One last week. We're watching 2 per night at the minute and enjoying it.

screenexile

Quote from: Rois on April 19, 2021, 06:54:27 PM
We hadn't watched any, and started with Series One last week. We're watching 2 per night at the minute and enjoying it.

It's not going to win any Emmy's or Golden Globes but it's entertaining viewing!

Apparently we're not allowed to enjoy TV made here should be catching up on the latest Scandi Noir to keep the snobs in the thread happy!

Hound

Where are you getting the early series?

Boycey

Quote from: Hound on April 19, 2021, 09:08:21 PM
Where are you getting the early series?

My Mrs watching from start on RTE player

RedHand88

The One on netflix. It's decent, gets good after a few episodes.

laoislad

The wife watches it religiously. I haven't watched any of it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.