Author Topic: TV Show recommendations  (Read 793201 times)

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
Re: TV Show recommendations
« Reply #6420 on: March 28, 2021, 10:48:22 PM »
Watched the first episode of The Flight Attendant. Seems promising.

Halfway through... itís intense and slick and funny in parts Iím enjoying it though and the wife as well so thatís always a bonus!!
Itís actually better than promising, it is very good and Kaley Cuoco is fantastic in it. I was ready for episode 2 but Mrs. Baloney took herself to bed and I was told not to watch it!

Its a decent series overall, although you do have to suspend disbelief here and there. And a few rather surprising twists with respect to certain characters. I'll say no more than that. I think HBO have renewed it for a second season. And yes, when it comes to the actual acting part, Kelly Cuoco is surprisingly good.
6 episodes in and overall it is good but lost a bit of steam after the first episode which was a corker.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: March 28, 2021, 11:58:51 PM »
I gave up on it after four or five episodes.  Gleeson is great as usual, but the show had nothing else going for it IMO.

Finished out the first season.

I enjoyed it. Its no Sopranos or Breaking Bad, but a good show overall. Gleeson is brilliant! I'll definitely check out the second season.
Brendan's exaggerated Dublin persona did irritate me, he over-eggs it to taxi driver depths. He's a perfectly naturally aspired Dub, complete with a pleasant Dublin accent. i think he should have gone with that, just as Gabriel Byrne sounds the same on film as he does day to day.

I doubt if most Americans even understood his repeated use of "feck me in the arse!". :D

Although my wife, to be fair, has managed to watch it without subtitles.

Can't say the same for Derry Girls, despite their accents not being a million miles from my own. Although years away has taken the edge off a wee bit, both in dialect and, to a lesser extent, accent.

You need the book mentioned hee
https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/irishisms-a-beginner-s-guide-to-ructions-dotes-yokes-fierce-eejits-and-m%C3%A9-f%C3%A9iners-1.4510731
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Louther

• View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: April 12, 2021, 09:53:00 AM »
Cracking Line of Duty last night.

So much happened but so much left hanging. Best of the season so far.

Fingers can be pointed in several directions. Roll on next Sunday.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: April 12, 2021, 01:58:07 PM »

Unreal episode. I haven't a clue what's going on half the time but still enjoy it.  I'm constantly wondering who certain people are cos I cant remember them.  This is a show I could watch again from the start.

Finished Your Honour over the weekend. Decent, but hated the ending.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: April 12, 2021, 07:18:05 PM »

Unreal episode. I haven't a clue what's going on half the time but still enjoy it.  I'm constantly wondering who certain people are cos I cant remember them.  This is a show I could watch again from the start.

Finished Your Honour over the weekend. Decent, but hated the ending.
Yes good stuff. After the first episode I was concerned this series was going to be a dud. Super episode last night HOWEVER they need to wrap it up soon.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: April 12, 2021, 10:15:50 PM »
That was a brilliant episode probably one of the best really enjoyed it mother of god!!

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: April 12, 2021, 11:16:01 PM »

I've been watching the first couple of series again, they do bear watching a second time and you see where some of the stuff in current series come from.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: April 13, 2021, 08:26:51 AM »
Smother on RTE was excellent, surprisingly good in fact.

Louther

• View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: April 13, 2021, 11:23:25 AM »

I've been watching the first couple of series again, they do bear watching a second time and you see where some of the stuff in current series come from.

You watching them now during this season? Not a bad idea. I do have to read some of the message boards that help fill in the blanks. A lot of linkage.

I see the other AC head Carmichael is back this week, she was in me if the best things about an average last season. Bound to be an interview scene with her doing the grilling coming up and her mad to turn the tables with the way it ended last time.

Rich Ricci

• View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: April 18, 2021, 10:04:32 PM »
I donít know about anyone else but I donít have a clue what is going on in Line of Duty at the minute. A lot of names being mentioned at a very fast pace. My heads wrecked trying to follow it all. I normally have to rewatch the episodes the next day to give myself half a chance.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: April 18, 2021, 10:28:17 PM »
I donít know about anyone else but I donít have a clue what is going on in Line of Duty at the minute. A lot of names being mentioned at a very fast pace. My heads wrecked trying to follow it all. I normally have to rewatch the episodes the next day to give myself half a chance.

Thought tonight was another quality episode... theyíre overdoing the Hastings thing with the suckin diesel comment but itís set up for a grandstand finish. Hopefully Nesbitt has sharpened his acting a bit since that last shite he did!!

What odds he can crowbar in ďget Ďer buckedĒ next week?

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: April 18, 2021, 10:46:52 PM »
Good and all as it is, are they not just copying the Jill Dando, Stephen Lawrence and Yewtree stories.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: April 18, 2021, 11:39:31 PM »
f**king Jimmy Nesbitt about to show up too.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: April 19, 2021, 12:19:06 AM »
You Nordies just love these corny intrigue  Brit police  dramas, wet your pants at a shoot out, worried sick over a nordie overplaying the nordie aspect letting the side down. And now James Nesbitt??

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: April 19, 2021, 08:33:19 AM »
You Nordies just love these corny intrigue  Brit police  dramas, wet your pants at a shoot out, worried sick over a nordie overplaying the nordie aspect letting the side down. And now James Nesbitt??

I have to admit to being a tad scundered at the hyperbole. The lads go mad for anything filmed in Beal Feirste.