TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

I watched the the first episode of Bloodlands and dropped it, I had a feeling it was not going to recover.

I watched Lupin instead, French drama mentioned a few pages back. It's enjoyable and you grow into the story. First season  has just 5 episodes and you are left with a cliffhanger. The next 5 episodes are already produced but they are being dangled to build up the anticipation. Apparently this show is a really big hit with the French tv audience,

Milltown Row2

Watching Sense8 on Netflix, loving it, different sci-fi  but again well acted . Loving it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Main Street on March 15, 2021, 10:56:04 PM
I watched the the first episode of Bloodlands and dropped it, I had a feeling it was not going to recover.

I watched Lupin instead, French drama mentioned a few pages back. It's enjoyable and you grow into the story. First season  has just 5 episodes and you are left with a cliffhanger. The next 5 episodes are already produced but they are being dangled to build up the anticipation. Apparently this show is a really big hit with the French tv audience,
I can thoroughly recommend Call My Agent for another piece of French tv.

An Watcher

Bloodlands wasn't great at all. Special mention to the point where the two actors broke into irish so no. One could know what they were saying! A bit of a mess alright and now I hear there's a sequel!!!

An Watcher

Anyone watch Your Honor, not sure what to make of it tbh. Can't say I enjoyed it or hated it. 6/10 at best

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: An Watcher on March 16, 2021, 06:42:08 AM
Anyone watch Your Honor, not sure what to make of it tbh. Can't say I enjoyed it or hated it. 6/10 at best

Really enjoyed the first few episodes, thought it trailed off a bit. Solid 6 or 7/10.

Anyone watched Zero Zero Zero yet? Just about to start
Hasta la victoria siempre

JimStynes

Quote from: An Watcher on March 16, 2021, 06:40:53 AM
Bloodlands wasn't great at all. Special mention to the point where the two actors broke into irish so no. One could know what they were saying! A bit of a mess alright and now I hear there's a sequel!!!

Embarrassingly bad. Jimmy Nesbitt is also such crap actor, so that doesn't help things. 

imtommygunn

Yeah it's like the elephant in the room. I think he's terrible.

lurganblue

Quote from: lurganblue on March 10, 2021, 04:23:35 PM
Last chance U back on Netflix with a new series.  Basketball in LA this time.  I wouldn't be a fan of the sport but will certainly give this a go.

Over half way through this and it is again great viewing.  What some of these kids go through is unbelievable.

That being said, I just cant imagine coaching them.  I would have half of them thrown out of the gym during training or games for how they speak to management.

johnnycool

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 16, 2021, 06:44:12 AM

Really enjoyed the first few episodes, thought it trailed off a bit. Solid 6 or 7/10.

Watched the first two episodes of Your Honor and it's decent so far but you get the impression the young lad is going to have to do something even more stupider to keep the plot flowing along.

Louther

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 16, 2021, 06:44:12 AM

Kinda list interest in Your Honour. Maybe by it's nature you weren't meant to warm to the characters, seemed like too many coincidences falling into place i.e. the woman he let off was the mother of the person who took his car.

Really enjoyed ZeroZeroZero. Very well shot with the flashbacks explaining the other side of the story. The three stories rolled into one was very interesting.

J70

Anyone watched Mr Mercedes?

Started it last week purely because of Brendan Gleeson. Liking it so far, three episodes in, but its fairly grim stuff.

Jell 0 Biafra

I gave up on it after four or five episodes.  Gleeson is great as usual, but the show had nothing else going for it IMO.

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on February 23, 2021, 09:38:19 PM
Finished behind her eyes and thought it was good but now I think about it it's not it's shite and whoever wrote it can f**k away off!!
Finished it last night, didn't mind it actually. I thought the twist was pretty obvious though.
Didn't realise that Adele is Bono's daughter in real life until the wife mentioned it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

TG4 are missing a trick here, should have had reruns of previous club finals
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea