Armagh's best pub?

Started by Over the Bar, January 21, 2007, 09:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Do shebeen's count?
if so I'd like to nominate one in Mullaghbawn just for its soda bread and roaring fire
:-X
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

full back

Do you mean the one in Lislea?

heganboy

ahem- your Honour I have no further comment to make on this matter

I thought leaving it at Mullaghbawn would be sufficient, those who know- know, those who don't - don't
but yes  ;D
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Armagh ABÚ

Pubs in Armagh City

1. Harps
2. Micky Kellys
3. Harry Hoots
4. Hughes
5. Devlins
6. McKennas
7. Hitlers
8. The Station Bar
9. The Charlemont
10. Turners
11. De'Averal House
12. The Vintage
13. The Theatre
14. Raffertys
15. The Gas Lamp
16. Red Neds
17. The Toby Jug
18. Dampers
19. Pearse Ogs
20. The Hotel
21. Wolly Toms

Don't think i have forgotten any, thats the order they stand coming from The Harps Club at Loughgall direction and ending at Nursery Road at Wolly Toms.

Out of these 21 pubs, theres not really much excitement in any of them, i suppose the best one in looks/style would be McKennas. 
In terms of entertainment then the Hotel and Wolly Toms and Micky Kellys & Theatre.  For a good function night then the Harps or Pearse Ogs because its holds a crowd. For late nights and early mornings it has to be Dampers and Wolly Toms, i've left both pubs many a night at all hours.  Red Neds for an older crowd, crowd has'nt actually changed in that pub for as long as i remember.

stiffler

best bar in lurgan is the batcave, cant beat the pints of tennants and the jukebox.

weres this jp spot yous are on about
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Spiritof98

Quote from: Armagh ABÚ on January 23, 2007, 05:28:45 PM
Pubs in Armagh City

1. Harps
2. Micky Kellys
3. Harry Hoots
4. Hughes
5. Devlins
6. McKennas
7. Hitlers
8. The Station Bar
9. The Charlemont
10. Turners
11. De'Averal House
12. The Vintage
13. The Theatre
14. Raffertys
15. The Gas Lamp
16. Red Neds
17. The Toby Jug
18. Dampers
19. Pearse Ogs
20. The Hotel
21. Wolly Toms

Don't think i have forgotten any, thats the order they stand coming from The Harps Club at Loughgall direction and ending at Nursery Road at Wolly Toms.

Out of these 21 pubs, theres not really much excitement in any of them, i suppose the best one in looks/style would be McKennas.
In terms of entertainment then the Hotel and Wolly Toms and Micky Kellys & Theatre. For a good function night then the Harps or Pearse Ogs because its holds a crowd. For late nights and early mornings it has to be Dampers and Wolly Toms, i've left both pubs many a night at all hours. Red Neds for an older crowd, crowd has'nt actually changed in that pub for as long as i remember.

Armagh abu

What about the the Cricket Club or Victoria Bar ;) :D :D
I'll go back if Marsdens back

The Gs Man

Quote from: stiffler on January 23, 2007, 06:30:54 PM
best bar in lurgan is the batcave, cant beat the pints of tennants and the jukebox.

Feck aff Stiffler.  The Ceili House....number one for live music, including Billy Elvis Quinn.

JP's is the new name for Cheers by the way...
Keep 'er lit

corn02

The Three Steps - no contest!

armagh leg-end

Armagh Abu, what about the golf club on the newry road, or the bar in armagh city's social club?
Ard Mhacha Abu

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: armagh leg-end on January 23, 2007, 08:30:27 PM
Armagh Abu, what about the golf club on the newry road, or the bar in armagh city's social club?

Or the Hole in the Wall, or the British Legion?  ;D 

Still, it's never been the same since the demise of The Plough!!  :'( 

Bring back the Plough!!  >:(

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Feck aff Stiffler.  The Ceili House....number one for live music, including Billy Elvis Quinn.

G's man - you're not getting involved in any shameless publicity again. I mean, Billy Quinn!!!!!

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Spiritof98 on January 23, 2007, 06:46:07 PM
Quote from: Armagh ABÚ on January 23, 2007, 05:28:45 PM
Pubs in Armagh City

1. Harps
2. Micky Kellys
3. Harry Hoots
4. Hughes
5. Devlins
6. McKennas
7. Hitlers
8. The Station Bar
9. The Charlemont
10. Turners
11. De'Averal House
12. The Vintage
13. The Theatre
14. Raffertys
15. The Gas Lamp
16. Red Neds
17. The Toby Jug
18. Dampers
19. Pearse Ogs
20. The Hotel
21. Wolly Toms

In terms of entertainment then the Hotel and Wolly Toms and Micky Kellys & Theatre. For a good function night then the Harps or Pearse Ogs because its holds a crowd. For late nights and early mornings it has to be Dampers and Wolly Toms, i've left both pubs many a night at all hours. Red Neds for an older crowd, crowd has'nt actually changed in that pub for as long as i remember.

Armagh abu

What about the the Cricket Club or Victoria Bar ;) :D :D

Long gone are the Good oul days of Orr's Corner and Spiders :-[

Goats Do Shave

...BenDover's favourite - The Pub With No Beer!

lurganblue

Quote from: The Gs Man on January 23, 2007, 08:13:28 PM
Quote from: stiffler on January 23, 2007, 06:30:54 PM

G's the music might be good from time to time (none of those times are when billy quinn is playing) but generally that pub is a shite hole. avoid unless your a hardcore alcoholic or a bum.

Cheers/JP's has a new owner and has been done up appartently. havent been in it yet but its supposed to be good craic in there now.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on January 24, 2007, 09:05:25 AM
...BenDover's favourite - The Pub With No Beer!

Lol.  the humour on this board never ceases to amaze me.   :D :D :D