China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: jftj on July 26, 2021, 12:13:59 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 25, 2021, 10:21:32 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 24, 2021, 02:19:10 PM
A bar in Carrick on Shannon and a simliar is message is sent out by a number of bars now.

they'll soon wise up when the good weather goes
what a p***k.so you are actually endorsing medical apartheid.separating friends and families because of a medical procedure.disgusting.
I hope you're not talking to me. If you read any of my posts you'll not be long seeing what I think of lockdown.

An Watcher

All this talk about covid certificates and what not.  Heading down south on Saturday. Will I need a certificate to get into restaurants?  Double jabbed and all but want to make sure we have all the bits n bons

armaghniac

a lot of places that have sufficient space outside and have a working setup in operation will be in no hurry to open up inside, they can afford to wait and see.

Quote from: An Watcher on July 26, 2021, 12:40:22 PM
All this talk about covid certificates and what not.  Heading down south on Saturday. Will I need a certificate to get into restaurants?  Double jabbed and all but want to make sure we have all the bits n bons

You need proof of vaccination and photo id with the same name on it for everyone over 18 in the party.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

WT4E

Quote from: armaghniac on July 26, 2021, 12:43:47 PM
a lot of places that have sufficient space outside and have a working setup in operation will be in no hurry to open up inside, they can afford to wait and see.

You need proof of vaccination and photo id with the same name on it for everyone over 18 in the party.

Is the card with the record of the two vaccines enough proof. Heard someone say its not being accepted but what else is there?

dublin7

Quote from: WT4E on July 26, 2021, 01:57:45 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 26, 2021, 12:43:47 PM

Is the card with the record of the two vaccines enough proof. Heard someone say its not being accepted but what else is there?

If you're in Ireland they'll take the card, but if you're going abroad it won't be accepted

An Watcher

The president of the Restaurant Association of Ireland, Mark McGowan, said it was his understanding that the Northern Ireland vaccination card will be accepted as proof of immunity at venues in the Republic.

An Watcher

Just read that off BBC so hopefully that's acceptable as we have the card

Milltown Row2

Be interesting to see the uptake on the 'vaccination' passport for the bars and cafes in the south
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Quote from: An Watcher on July 26, 2021, 02:40:06 PM
Just read that off BBC so hopefully that's acceptable as we have the card
Card + ID, to show it's your name on the vaccination card.

Gmac

CDC in USA are now saying pcr tests are not able to distinguish between flu and covid .
Rahm the golfer is a weird case he has had covid has antibodies and is fully vaccinated but still tested positive for covid but is not sick and never was sick.
Strange people are not a little more curious about this

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on July 26, 2021, 05:52:41 PM
CDC in USA are now saying pcr tests are not able to distinguish between flu and covid .
Rahm the golfer is a weird case he has had covid has antibodies and is fully vaccinated but still tested positive for covid but is not sick and never was sick.

You'll not get flu in the summer generally, you can still get it and not be sick but pass it on, I've you more cleverer than that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

I think we need more information about this.

Quote from: Gmac

It has been known for the last year and a half that people can have Covid and spread Covid and not feel any symptoms.

Quote from: Gmac

they are curious, I am sure there hundreds of scientists looking into it. If they can identify what is different about the people who do not get ill than perhaps some treatment may emerge from this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gmac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2021, 06:46:53 PM

You'll not get flu in the summer generally, you can still get it and not be sick but pass it on, I've you more cleverer than that
so is he testing positive for the flu or covid ?
Most policies have been based on test results over the last year if the tests are compromised then the policies  have  to be too.

J70

I think you need to re-evaluate your news sources and stop relying on "journalists" who don't know their ass from elbow when it comes to this stuff.

The CDC is advising labs to switch to tests that can detect BOTH Covid and flu.

They're not advising them, late in the day, that the test couldn't distinguish them.

My guess is that such tests now exist, whereas this time last year they didn't.

After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only. CDC is providing this advance notice for clinical laboratories to have adequate time to select and implement one of the many FDA-authorized alternatives.

In preparation for this change, CDC recommends clinical laboratories and testing sites that have been using the CDC 2019-nCoV RT-PCR assay select and begin their transition to another FDA-authorized COVID-19 test. CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses. Such assays can facilitate continued testing for both influenza and SARS-CoV-2 and can save both time and resources as we head into influenza season. Laboratories and testing sites should validate and verify their selected assay within their facility before beginning clinical testing.

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

f**king right wingers think scientists and doctors are a bunch of vacuous morons who came down with the last shower and are no better than some blowhard on youtube or Fox News.