Who will win the 2024 Ulster title

Donegal
27 (56.3%)
Armagh
21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

red hander

Screen going on the defensive big style. Pity he wasn't in their back six today.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Just one game but given Mickey's terrible record against McGuinness and his extremely patchy record in big Championship games over 15 or so years it's possibly quite significant. A hammering on home soil and concession of four goals punches quite the hole in the reputation Derry have been building. There were questions about whether or not Mickey was the right appointment for Derry and they look very pertinent after his first Championship test.

Rois

Seamus McEnaney said this week that he thought Harte could be out before the AIF this year if Derry don't fulfil potential. That was after he called Derry CB spineless for sacking Gallagher over one Facebook post.

marty34

Quote from: Rois on April 20, 2024, 08:48:03 PMSeamus McEnaney said this week that he thought Harte could be out before the AIF this year if Derry don't fulfil potential. That was after he called Derry CB spineless for sacking Gallagher over one Facebook post.

Banty is a dose!

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 20, 2024, 08:45:56 PMJust one game but given Mickey's terrible record against McGuinness and his extremely patchy record in big Championship games over 15 or so years it's possibly quite significant. A hammering on home soil and concession of four goals punches quite the hole in the reputation Derry have been building. There were questions about whether or not Mickey was the right appointment for Derry and they look very pertinent after his first Championship test.

No questions. He wasn't.

Wildweasel74

We were that bad am beginning to think they were flogged to death in training camp. Lynch should not come by the 45, and no need to be very deep out the field on kickouts, After the first mistake, he continued to do it, should been stay in nets. Not overly worried about the game,as the craic with the keeper I had highlighted on the league final threat. He needs stay closer to goal as he hasn't enough ability on the ball out the field.

SouthOfThe Bann

Was the training camp too close to the game?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on April 20, 2024, 08:22:10 PMHow impressive were Donegal in the midfield battle though

Hugely. You wouldn't have known Glass was playing.  Also worth noting Derry came into that game having scored 16 goals in 8 Division one games and today they scored none and struggled to create any with the way Jimmy had Donegal so well organised. 

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on April 20, 2024, 09:08:29 PMWas the training camp too close to the game?

Harte no fan of those overseas training camps can see why today.

Brendan

At least the Derry players could leave the field for the first time in 2 years without being swamped by kids looking for their gloves #TheLittleWins

bennydorano

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 20, 2024, 09:07:17 PMWe were that bad am beginning to think they were flogged to death in training camp. Lynch should not come by the 45, and no need to be very deep out the field on kickouts, After the first mistake, he continued to do it, should been stay in nets. Not overly worried about the game,as the craic with the keeper I had highlighted on the league final threat. He needs stay closer to goal as he hasn't enough ability on the ball out the field.
Maybe they figured out how to not really try? Lynch has threatened a bombscare performance like that for 2 years,he got away with it a few times but it finally happened.

RedHand88

Quote from: screenexile on April 20, 2024, 08:10:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 20, 2024, 08:08:14 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 20, 2024, 08:00:18 PMDonegal's day for sure. Were the better team on the evening.

But this day will soon be forgotten. Things move on. Derry will re-group and Donegal will move on. One game doesn't make a summer.

Derry will move on and are still a top team.

That also counts for the League Final. People on here were losing the run of themselves about a game Derry could not see out twice.

Who are these people? I didn't see anybody from Derry do that!

Did you not? Because I saw plenty!!

Mario

A lot of people happy Derry were finally beat. It's the second time in 4 years this year has put in bad performance probably. Tactically we won't be that bad again. Donegal defended so deep that we were never getting goal chances. We lost the game on their kickouts but our shooting was the worst I've seen in in a long time as well.

screenexile

Quote from: red hander on April 20, 2024, 08:34:19 PMScreen going on the defensive big style. Pity he wasn't in their back six today.

??

I've said numerous times I'm happy enough for us to not challenge in Ulster. We were 100% played off the park today but I'm optimistic we'll regroup and do well in the Sam Maguire!

screenexile

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 20, 2024, 09:25:22 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 20, 2024, 08:10:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 20, 2024, 08:08:14 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 20, 2024, 08:00:18 PMDonegal's day for sure. Were the better team on the evening.

But this day will soon be forgotten. Things move on. Derry will re-group and Donegal will move on. One game doesn't make a summer.

Derry will move on and are still a top team.

That also counts for the League Final. People on here were losing the run of themselves about a game Derry could not see out twice.

Who are these people? I didn't see anybody from Derry do that!

Did you not? Because I saw plenty!!

We're on a GAA discussion board with lots of Derry fans you'll obviously be able to show us plenty of examples??

David McKeown

I don't feel Lynch being out where he was was the sole reason for his concession of the goals. On 3 of the 4 Donegal had done a great job of creating empty space in front of the Derry goals meaning there was no defender who could easily drop and force Donegal in to taking points. Had there been it would have made it a much closer game.

I think that should be a bigger worry for Derry than simply Lynch'S performance.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner