Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Wouldn't feel sorry for st galls had more good days than most
Need to invest time in their juveniles instead of hoping oul hands still have it

Saffrongael

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 23, 2021, 10:21:25 AM
Quote from: bannside on October 23, 2021, 09:32:39 AM
It should be fairly acknowledged that the majority of officials working at county level do not claim mileage expenses.

Yes Duine, where will it end. Until CLG come out with a clear position on the matter the situation will continue to escalate into who has the biggest chequebook or fattest sponsor.

The club I talk of near here has dozens of wealthy millionaire members, many fanatical. They have almost everything they desire (within reason lol) except a senior championship. They will move heaven and earth to remove that statistic if they can, and atm are moving well in that regard.

It sets the bar higher even higher for the next club, especially if successful.
Yes majority of officials are volunteers there for the right reason but I have been told the switch to online ticket purchasing as a result of covid has seen a massive increase on match day income for Antrim. No more cash at the gate and rightly so.

You could still pay cash at the gate
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

bannside

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 23, 2021, 08:55:09 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on October 23, 2021, 10:21:25 AM
Quote from: bannside on October 23, 2021, 09:32:39 AM
It should be fairly acknowledged that the majority of officials working at county level do not claim mileage expenses.

Yes Duine, where will it end. Until CLG come out with a clear position on the matter the situation will continue to escalate into who has the biggest chequebook or fattest sponsor.

The club I talk of near here has dozens of wealthy millionaire members, many fanatical. They have almost everything they desire (within reason lol) except a senior championship. They will move heaven and earth to remove that statistic if they can, and atm are moving well in that regard.

It sets the bar higher even higher for the next club, especially if successful.
Yes majority of officials are volunteers there for the right reason but I have been told the switch to online ticket purchasing as a result of covid has seen a massive increase on match day income for Antrim. No more cash at the gate and rightly so.

You could still pay cash at the gate

It's Belfast GAA after all

quit yo jibbajabba

4. No clubman wants the job

imtommygunn

I don't agree with a lot of that post tbh. Clubs sometimes pay outside managers because they have to. Maybe also because of internal failings to have structures to prepare coaches or to provide an environment where local people want to coach yes. If you don't agree with me on the having to point you are wrong because I have seen it first hand.

It really isn't the black and white issue it is painted as by some people. It may be in some cases but definitely not all.

JimStynes

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 23, 2021, 10:40:48 PM
Bull. They may not have had a "good" manager available but they'd have found someone to do it. I've seen teams field without a "good" free taker or keeper. Do they suggest buying one in? No. They make do.

Shit talk

JimStynes

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 23, 2021, 10:44:53 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 23, 2021, 10:43:20 PM
Bull. They may not have had a "good" manager available but they'd have found someone to do it. I've seen teams field without a "good" free taker or keeper. Do they suggest buying one in? No. They make do.

Shit talk
Explain....

Tell me the last club you heard of that didn't have a manager because nobody wanted to do it and they couldn't afford to pay one.

I'm talking about you comparing not having a free taker or a good keeper and then comparing that to not having a manager. Plenty of clubs struggle to find men from the club to take the team and end up having to pay.

JimStynes

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 23, 2021, 10:53:09 PM
How is it different?
Some man will do it. He mightn't be good at it but he'll give it a go.

You will always find someone!

I mean, don't try to tell me that Aghagallon senior football (or any other club) would cease because they couldn't afford to pay an outside manager. It simply wouldn't happen.

No but you would find the circumstance of someone taking the team who wouldn't be capable of doing it or a group of players taking the team. Wouldn't be long get relegated.

Jack O

D I E you are a stirring or just a twisted cxxt

imtommygunn

Does it never strike you as odd that the clubs who can't afford to pay a manager always seem to have one? Always!

I refer you to my previous not as black and white comment. I have been in agms where no one, no one, could be found so as I said before you are wrong. Also this paid manager thing is vastly overegged. Do you think a lot of these ones are getting any more than mileage at lower level? Jesus they are not stealing all the club's money.

stiffler

Is there any chance Mc Aleese plays a part today ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

JimStynes

Next thing he will be saying a local physio could be coaxed into providing free physio for the lads. The reality is, paying managers is now common place and has been for many many years. This isn't a new thing! It isn't going to change.

JimStynes

Quote from: stiffler on October 24, 2021, 09:08:58 AM
Is there any chance Mc Aleese plays a part today ?

Are Pg1 still turning up? By the talks of Bannside and the lads sure they've no chance  ::)

EOC1923

Quote from: JimStynes on October 24, 2021, 09:12:18 AM
Next thing he will be saying a local physio could be coaxed into providing free physio for the lads. The reality is, paying managers is now common place and has been for many many years. This isn't a new thing! It isn't going to change.
Exactly.. why is this still being talked about. "I wish there was no mobile phones now" is a similar pointless debate.