Author Topic: TV Show recommendations  (Read 880191 times)

Main Street

• View Profile
Re: TV Show recommendations
« Reply #6930 on: October 20, 2021, 09:08:25 PM »
Zappa, a 2 hour documentary about the bould Frank will be aired on Friday BBC 4

The blurb
'The documentary team was granted exclusive access by Frank's wife Gail to a vast collection of unreleased music, movies, incomplete projects, unseen interviews and unheard concert recordings. Much of these were deteriorating and in danger of being lost forever'.

• View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: October 20, 2021, 09:41:13 PM »
Watched Time staring Sean bean and Stephen graham was a very good 3 part series 

Jell 0 Biafra

• View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: October 21, 2021, 02:20:23 AM »
Surely if there was ever a show that tore the ass out of it then it has to be "the walking dead"

Threw in the towel myself.  Couldnt live the the monologues.  It had the feel of a show that didnt know where it was going.

I thought it had the opposite problem. It knew exactly where it was going. Over and over again.  Look here! Here's a place we can make a community, all we need is to fence off the zombies. Oh no, bad guys want to destroy us.  Let's have Rick make a terrible leadership decision that will result in more of us dying, and having to start over.

maddog

• View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: October 21, 2021, 09:07:10 AM »
Surely if there was ever a show that tore the ass out of it then it has to be "the walking dead"

Threw in the towel myself.  Couldnt live the the monologues.  It had the feel of a show that didnt know where it was going.

I thought it had the opposite problem. It knew exactly where it was going. Over and over again.  Look here! Here's a place we can make a community, all we need is to fence off the zombies. Oh no, bad guys want to destroy us.  Let's have Rick make a terrible leadership decision that will result in more of us dying, and having to start over.

Or as a mate of mine that ditched it quite early on called the show "open the gate, close the gate, open the gate, close the gate". An entire season went on like that.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: October 21, 2021, 09:10:15 AM »
I have just started watching a bit of the last season. I'm interested in how they finish it but from being a great show it really did die a death. There were some great series of it though - the guvnor and Negan were great villains.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: October 21, 2021, 10:22:51 AM »
US Comedy on BBC iplayer called Dave about a Jewish wannabe Rapper, watched first 4 episodes and it's had some serious big belly laughs (plus some mediocrity), but pretty good

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: October 21, 2021, 10:58:57 AM »
Just finished the latest series of Billions - great show however the ending left me a bit meh

tbrick18

• View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: October 21, 2021, 11:34:13 AM »
I have just started watching a bit of the last season. I'm interested in how they finish it but from being a great show it really did die a death. There were some great series of it though - the guvnor and Negan were great villains.

Negan was brilliant.
It did lose its way a bit, but I stuck with it. This final season is just ok.
A bit of a poor villain I thought. Just interested to see how they finish it off really.

I just watched a short series on IPlayer, The Cleaner with Greg Davies. It was really good.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: October 21, 2021, 12:54:40 PM »

Negan was brilliant.
A bit of a poor villain I thought. Just interested to see how they finish it off really.

I just watched a short series on IPlayer, The Cleaner with Greg Davies. It was really good.

Its crazy how we view things, anything he's in or on I turn over, just don't get his style
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: October 21, 2021, 01:04:51 PM »

Negan was brilliant.

Its crazy how we view things, anything he's in or on I turn over, just don't get his style

+1. He's stealing a living.

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: October 21, 2021, 01:12:36 PM »
Plus 2.
Add corden and clarkson and ramsey to that though hes not in the same league as these 3 tbf

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: October 21, 2021, 01:24:55 PM »
I thought man down was really good and taskmaster is a laugh just to defend Greg a bit

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: October 21, 2021, 01:26:00 PM »
Plus 2.
Add corden and clarkson and ramsey to that though hes not in the same league as these 3 tbf

Really enjoyed Clarkson's Farming show on Prime.

Corden is an absolute twat

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: October 21, 2021, 01:36:40 PM »
Heard good reports about that tbf...maybe if he werent in it i could watch 😃😉

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: October 21, 2021, 01:37:01 PM »
I thought man down was really good and taskmaster is a laugh just to defend Greg a bit

Man Down has its moments. It was missing that bit of spark after Rik Mayall died though

I thought Taskmaster was Rubbish