snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

What has Allen came out with in the past chaps?

Higgins has lost some timber and looks well for it

An Watcher

Allen could do with following his lead.  I don't think it is majorly important to be physically healthy in snooker but from a mental point of view I'm sure he could do with losing a few pounds.  Don't think he's the worst in the world but coming out to a press conference with his mouth taped up and things is a bit OTT.  Wouldn't see Higgins doing that sort of thing

quit yo jibbajabba

Allen deffo gettin heavier, as higgins had been for a good while. Fair play to him.
Aye theres the odd shot ye see them strugglin and ye know a couple stone less it be more straightforward. Higgins said he was strugglin with the breathin in the Worlds this year. Impressive weight loss since then

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: bennydorano on October 18, 2021, 11:25:00 AM
I watched the last 4 or 5 frames myself (first snooker I've watched in a long time), I said to the wife as we were watching, I'm torn here as Higgins is a good Celtic man, Allen is a bit of a hateful hoor with some very unlikeable politics. Wasn't the greatest snooker but it was tense & exciting.
So how does that make you "torn" then?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 18, 2021, 01:18:51 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 18, 2021, 11:25:00 AM
I watched the last 4 or 5 frames myself (first snooker I've watched in a long time), I said to the wife as we were watching, I'm torn here as Higgins is a good Celtic man, Allen is a bit of a hateful hoor with some very unlikeable politics. Wasn't the greatest snooker but it was tense & exciting.
So how does that make you "torn" then?

Cheering on a scots man is plain daft when there is someone from here sure ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

I don't care if Allen is a big loyalist hoor I was cheering for him last night  :)

bannside

I always follow John Higgins (not denying that him bring a Celtic supporter may influence that lol) but I know the Allen family and they wouldn't be the worst.

I used to work in a betting shop in Antrim, and sometime in the mid nineties one of the Allen's walked in (there were 6 brothers) with this wee cub about 8 or 9 and introduced him as someone who would win a World Snooker Title.

I was in two minds last night, but found myself cheering on Allen especially after coming back from 8 -6 down in the final session.

NotedObserver

Higgins seems a good fella but that match fixing scandal is unforgivable

Boycey

I asked here before did anyone follow snooker closely enough to know was there truth to the match fixing thing and also trawled the internet a bit but never found an answer.

My memory of it was that the video was pretty damning but their defence if u was that they were in an alien environment in a foreign country and were agreeing to what was being said to give themselves a chance to get out of the room and regroup?

Nothing ever came of it and from a distance Higgins seems very well regarded within snooker?

Edit: Theres a bit on it https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/sep/08/john-higgins-banned-cleared-match-fixing

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

The oldies are still the goodies.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Watcher

Great to see Higgins through.  Played well in the final 2 frames but him and Jack were shocking in the earlier parts of the match.  Major improvement required but no better man

An Watcher

Higgins v Williams final be nice

Tony Baloney

I can't remember the last time there was a semifinal lineup with all previous winners (3 multiple winners).

quit yo jibbajabba

Means fud all on the scale of things but Trump has won 15 out of his last 16 frames played. Some run