Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Bet now in minors in breffni by Fermanagh, humiliated by down Down in U20s. A recent history of results  in underage which would match the worst in the country. How have we fallen to this level. Whoever oversees this needs the boot.

Westside

The WeAreCavan lads on the podcast saying they are getting a lot of people contacting them about the minor results and how it's good to see people are still passionate and are hurt by the loss. You wouldn't think there was much passion from Cavan people in Breffni Wednesday night. I'd estimate the small crowd was 75% Fermanagh. I cant see that happening in Clones or the Athletic grounds.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Westside on July 30, 2021, 03:04:37 PM
The WeAreCavan lads on the podcast saying they are getting a lot of people contacting them about the minor results and how it's good to see people are still passionate and are hurt by the loss. You wouldn't think there was much passion from Cavan people in Breffni Wednesday night. I'd estimate the small crowd was 75% Fermanagh. I cant see that happening in Clones or the Athletic grounds.

There was club fixtures organised for same time sure.

rodney trotter

Needs to a review at all levels. The Seniors are in Division 4, the performance against Wicklow was shocking.
U20s were hammered. Managed by someone who also presents a podcast. Minors have poor for a few years now

Westside

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 30, 2021, 04:08:04 PM
Needs to a review at all levels. The Seniors are in Division 4, the performance against Wicklow was shocking.
U20s were hammered. Managed by someone who also presents a podcast. Minors have poor for a few years now

Why is the podcast relevant?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on July 30, 2021, 06:47:04 PM

Why is the podcast relevant?

Why wouldn't it be?  i don't think discussing the under age teams and being manager of the U20 goes well, but that's my opinion

Duckquay

You're spot on Rodney. The writing was on the wall for the seniors from very early on this year, there are a lot of things to resolve there alone. All in all, there haven't been many worse years when the underage and senior performances and results are looked at in totality. You could blame covid and only one game etc but that's papering over the cracks.

Itchy

I'm more worried about underage and the one good thing about the podcast was they played the interview by Gary Farrelly which was embarrassing in the extreme, blaming everything from covid to weather to injuries for the loss. You'd think a decent manager would say he'd look at himself and his set up and broader the county set up. He'd just lost to Fermanagh in Breffni. At least the Seniors can point to recent success. Someone oversees the underage approach in cavan, they have failed miserably and should be held accountable and replaced.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on July 31, 2021, 10:00:26 AM
I'm more worried about underage and the one good thing about the podcast was they played the interview by Gary Farrelly which was embarrassing in the extreme, blaming everything from covid to weather to injuries for the loss. You'd think a decent manager would say he'd look at himself and his set up and broader the county set up. He'd just lost to Fermanagh in Breffni. At least the Seniors can point to recent success. Someone oversees the underage approach in cavan, they have failed miserably and should be held accountable and replaced.

I don't think that's fair. That man is fully committed to the job and not distracted by two other jobs.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 31, 2021, 12:23:06 PM

I don't think that's fair. That man is fully committed to the job and not distracted by two other jobs.

Committed to the job and failed miserly. The county coaching officer (or whatever the correct title is) should also be moved on as he has also completely failed in his role. There should be very loud alarm bells going off in Cavan GAA HQ at the moment.

Westside

One thing I can understand is the type of player we are choosing to go with. The minors were noticeably physically smaller than their Fermanagh counterparts. The U21s were completely outdone physically against Down. It's so strange when the hallmark of our successful teams and in particular the 2011 Minors (which was the bedrock of most of what we've achieved since) was the decision to go with lads that were bigger and most played midfield for their clubs. That's the way the game is gone, lads like TED and probably Lovett just aren't going to make it through to senior level.

Cavan19

Quote from: Itchy on July 31, 2021, 01:19:35 PM

Committed to the job and failed miserly. The county coaching officer (or whatever the correct title is) should also be moved on as he has also completely failed in his role. There should be very loud alarm bells going off in Cavan GAA HQ at the moment.

That's the next Senior Cavan manager that you are talking about whenever MG decides to move on/removed.

Itchy

Quote from: Cavan19 on August 04, 2021, 10:13:23 AM

That's the next Senior Cavan manager that you are talking about whenever MG decides to move on/removed.

Sad but probably true, although I am not sure how he could talk through his CV in a positive way.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on August 04, 2021, 10:16:42 AM

Sad but probably true, although I am not sure how he could talk through his CV in a positive way.

I was been sarcastic about fully committed. Sure he has three GAA jobs alone.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 04, 2021, 11:14:35 AM
Quote from: Itchy on August 04, 2021, 10:16:42 AM

I was been sarcastic about fully committed. Sure he has three GAA jobs alone.

Ah sorry, i see now what you were saying.