Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

chrissears

Changing the subject here, I cannot believe the tactics Dublin used in the first half, we were seven points down at one stage and they started hand-passing the ball around the backs like there was 3 or 4 minutes left of the whole game. If they attacked, they could have been out of sight. Very strange but delighted all the same.

Jell 0 Biafra

It's been a feature of Dublin's play all year, unfortunately.  Sort of got me wondering whether it was a ploy to preserve the energy of the starting 15 given that the bench is clearly not as strong as in previous years.

blanketattack

Quote from: BennyCake on August 16, 2021, 09:23:09 PM
Quote from: joemamas on August 16, 2021, 09:01:36 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 16, 2021, 08:57:48 PM
The media is filled with Paul Caffrey opinions, is it because he's the best person for the media to talk to now that Dublin are back to the flaky team as they were under his management?

Funny I thought the same thing, why are they resurrecting this clown. Can you ever forget his ill advised shoulder on the Mayo coach back in 2006, I think

I remember seeing Caffrey on duty at Croke Park, think it  was the Donegal Dublin semi 2011. Coming back from the shop I  spotted him and Jesus it was tempting to run into the back of  him with a hefty shoulder. But I would've dropped me chips, so I thought, feck him

Is that a euphemism for cacking your pants?

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on August 19, 2021, 10:26:23 AM
Moloney is probably the best of an average lot. Marty is ok, but still ahead of Canning, who  is brutal. I just can't listen to him. I switch to the Irish language commentary or mute.

It's time RTE brought in a few decent commentators.

There is a lot of streaming nowadays, perhaps this could identify a couple of new generation people with an aptitude for commentary.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: blanketattack on August 20, 2021, 04:37:52 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 16, 2021, 09:23:09 PM
Quote from: joemamas on August 16, 2021, 09:01:36 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 16, 2021, 08:57:48 PM
The media is filled with Paul Caffrey opinions, is it because he's the best person for the media to talk to now that Dublin are back to the flaky team as they were under his management?

Funny I thought the same thing, why are they resurrecting this clown. Can you ever forget his ill advised shoulder on the Mayo coach back in 2006, I think

I remember seeing Caffrey on duty at Croke Park, think it  was the Donegal Dublin semi 2011. Coming back from the shop I  spotted him and Jesus it was tempting to run into the back of  him with a hefty shoulder. But I would've dropped me chips, so I thought, feck him

Is that a euphemism for cacking your pants?

No I literally would've dropped me bag of chips. He got  lucky that day, so he did    ;D

Down Follower

Quote from: armaghniac on August 20, 2021, 05:03:15 PM
Moloney is probably the best of an average lot. Marty is ok, but still ahead of Canning, who  is brutal. I just can't listen to him. I switch to the Irish language commentary or mute.

There is a lot of streaming nowadays, perhaps this could identify a couple of new generation people with an aptitude for commentary.

BBC commentary is very good actually. Their half time analysis is even better.

armaghniac

Quote from: Down Follower on August 21, 2021, 12:10:52 AM

Niblock goes on and on. In this gaelic football match the team has the football on the gaelic football pitch.... Does he think we are blind? Half time analysis is pretty good to be sure and they don't have a token woman.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: armaghniac on August 21, 2021, 01:44:33 AM
Quote from: Down Follower on August 21, 2021, 12:10:52 AM

Niblock goes on and on. In this gaelic football match the team has the football on the gaelic football pitch.... Does he think we are blind? Half time analysis is pretty good to be sure and they don't have a token woman.

Cora Staunton is one of the best pundits in the country
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

An Watcher

Only person to call out the Dubs for their dirty antics last week, fair play Cora

Jell 0 Biafra

Yes, nobody else in sports media has suggested Dublin did anything else except play fair. 

TheGreatest

Did they show the dangerous bodyslam that could of broken a players neck or the breaking of the hurl on the Sunday game last night?

Was there calls for a suspension?

Was there calls to introduce a TMO ref?

Was there any online abuse calling some of the Limerick players scumbags and tinkers?

No.. because they are not Dubs and certainly not from Ballymun.

Ah sure thats hurling ..

A lot of people in Ireland don't watch or follow the GAA outside a passing interest in their own counties, but when Dublin play there is Hyper mass Hysteria across the country,  anything involving Dublin gets mentioned,  even to songs that are played at half time. The media know this, they get the clicks after every Dublin game, they promote it and drive the agenda, especially the non traditional media, posting the same thing over and over again, building up the hysteria online, comments under their posts. I am sure this filters into the minds of the GAA hierarchy and match day officials too!

The Sunday game is a scripted cesspit. Bring back Seo sport.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 23, 2021, 09:29:16 AM
Did they show the dangerous bodyslam that could of broken a players neck or the breaking of the hurl on the Sunday game last night?

Was there any online abuse calling some of the Limerick players scumbags and tinkers?

Ah sure thats hurling ..

A lot of people in Ireland don't watch or follow the GAA outside a passing interest in their own counties, but when Dublin play there is Hyper mass Hysteria across the country,  anything involving Dublin gets mentioned,  even to songs that are played at half time. The media know this, they get the clicks after every Dublin game, they promote it and drive the agenda, especially the non traditional media, posting the same thing over and over again, building up the hysteria online, comments under their posts. I am sure this filters into the minds of the GAA hierarchy and match day officials too!

Yes. I didn't see the match and I've seen the hurl breaking incident multiple times
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

whitey

Ah sure thats hurling ..

If the players from Ballymun are having their feelings hurt by people calling them names online , maybe they should just stop assaulting people and play the game fair and square

TheGreatest

Quote from: whitey on August 23, 2021, 10:15:56 AM

Ah sure thats hurling ..

If the players from Ballymun are having their feelings hurt by people calling them names online , maybe they should just stop assaulting people and play the game fair and square

I wouldn't say they are bothered at all, maybe other people from Ballymun are though, my point is the hypocrisy and the other points i addressed above, which Ireland has abundance of.

Sorry I didn't see any assault, must of missed that one and they have played the game fairly for a decade with 8 All Ireland medals..

whitey

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 23, 2021, 10:30:03 AM
Quote from: whitey on August 23, 2021, 10:15:56 AM

Ah sure thats hurling ..

I wouldn't say they are bothered at all, maybe other people from Ballymun are though, my point is the hypocrisy and the other points i addressed above, which Ireland has abundance of.

Sorry I didn't see any assault, must of missed that one and they have played the game fairly for a decade with 8 All Ireland medals..

LOL

Eye gouging, biting, head butting , breaking oppositions players noses and jaws (some in off the ball incidents)

You must have a very warped understanding of what playing the game fairly entails