Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

highorlow

QuoteIf you make contact with the head or neck of an opponent you should be sent off.

Agreed
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

hoynevalley

Quote from: dec on August 16, 2021, 07:09:32 PM
In Rugby they now crack down very hard on any contact above the shoulder, football should do the same.

If you make contact with the head or neck of an opponent you should be sent off.

Lane should have stopped game instantly.  Problem players go down a lot in games clutching the head(usually when winning) . Same in hurlingNo excuse for not stopping game though. I think if player is clutching head should be taken off for 10 minutes to ensure no concussions etc. McLaughlan was genuine injury but onus should be players not seriously injured  not to hold head

imtommygunn

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 16, 2021, 05:43:22 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 16, 2021, 01:41:29 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 15, 2021, 09:50:26 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 15, 2021, 09:09:01 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 15, 2021, 07:12:29 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 15, 2021, 06:10:01 PM
Wonder if the gaa will take action against small. Actually I know the answer will be no but the ref missed a red card offence resulting in a player with a broken jaw.

That Dublin team has been getting away with cynical play for years. Bad enough about the funding, home venue every game etc but to add in favouritism from the ref no wonder they went unbeaten for years. Christ it took some serious fouling for the ref to give out a few cards when the game was almost over.

Last night reminded me of the Dubs in the bad old days of the Pillar era when the likes of Whelo would just bust some man straight from the the throw-in and get away with it.

Last time Dublin lost regularly. So was it always there?

Dubs lost their cool, then the plot, then the game

Apparently Kilkenny lost his shit in the dressing room. Called Dessie Farrell an imposter and fanny-pad and told him to fcuk off back to milking a living from the GPA. Gravy train heading south.

Certainly there are rumblings of discontent with Farrell across the board but I would wonder how you heard that.

in his imagination I would imagine

Fanny pad ;D I haven't heard that insult in many many years. (I suspect dessie Farrell hasn't either!)

I don't think Farrell has done a great job tbh but always on a hiding to nothing.

I think almost anyone agrees blatant red...

highorlow

QuoteIt was Hugh Pat McGeary got jaw broken. McNulty got line for similar challenge on Lee Keegan

When was this jaw break? Are you getting body parts mixed up?

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Captain Obvious

The media is filled with Paul Caffrey opinions, is it because he's the best person for the media to talk to now that Dublin are back to the flaky team as they were under his management?

joemamas

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 16, 2021, 08:57:48 PM
The media is filled with Paul Caffrey opinions, is it because he's the best person for the media to talk to now that Dublin are back to the flaky team as they were under his management?

Funny I thought the same thing, why are they resurrecting this clown. Can you ever forget his ill advised shoulder on the Mayo coach back in 2006, I think

BennyCake

Quote from: dec on August 16, 2021, 07:09:32 PM
In Rugby they now crack down very hard on any contact above the shoulder, football should do the same.

If you make contact with the head or neck of an opponent you should be sent off.

Yes. I've said that for years.

hoynevalley

Quote from: joemamas on August 16, 2021, 09:01:36 PM

Funny I thought the same thing, why are they resurrecting this clown. Can you ever forget his ill advised shoulder on the Mayo coach back in 2006, I think

Correct on the late John Morrison RIP

Farrandeelin

Yeah, the Mill at the Hill.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

I remember seeing Caffrey on duty at Croke Park, think it  was the Donegal Dublin semi 2011. Coming back from the shop I  spotted him and Jesus it was tempting to run into the back of  him with a hefty shoulder. But I would've dropped me chips, so I thought, feck him

yellowcard

Maybe try David Hickeys opinion instead he will inflame the Mayo supporters and the anti Dubs even more.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40360697.html

hoynevalley

Quote from: yellowcard on August 16, 2021, 09:59:27 PM

Maybe try David Hickeys opinion instead he will inflame the Mayo supporters and the anti Dubs even more.

Fu cking Hell. What Hickey at?

tyrone08

Quote from: hoynevalley on August 16, 2021, 10:51:34 PM

Fu cking Hell

Brilliant read, what an embarrassing and deluded outburst

whitey

Quote from: hoynevalley on August 16, 2021, 10:51:34 PM

Fu cking Hell

I read less biased opinions from drunk people on Reservoir of Dubs blog 

Mayo Border

Embarrassing from the doctor. And completely unsporting in his rant. One would have expected better.