Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

tyrone08

Wonder if the gaa will take action against small. Actually I know the answer will be no but the ref missed a red card offence resulting in a player with a broken jaw.

That Dublin team has been getting away with cynical play for years. Bad enough about the funding, home venue every game etc but to add in favouritism from the ref no wonder they went unbeaten for years. Christ it took some serious fouling for the ref to give out a few cards when the game was almost over.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 15, 2021, 06:10:01 PM
Wonder if the gaa will take action against small. Actually I know the answer will be no but the ref missed a red card offence resulting in a player with a broken jaw.

That Dublin team has been getting away with cynical play for years. Bad enough about the funding, home venue every game etc but to add in favouritism from the ref no wonder they went unbeaten for years. Christ it took some serious fouling for the ref to give out a few cards when the game was almost over.

But it's them dirty effin nordie's killing the game with their thuggery and boring football /s
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

clarshack

Last night reminded me of the Dubs in the bad old days of the Pillar era when the likes of Whelo would just bust some man straight from the the throw-in and get away with it.

fearbrags

History repeating ?
On August 18, 1985, John Finn's jaw was broken in an off-the-ball incident during the All-Ireland football semi-final between Mayo and Dublin

dublin7

Small should be suspended. Whatever suspension Diarmuid O'Connor got for his elbow against Galway that got him a red card would be fair enough.

If we are looking for more recent comparisons then whatever suspension was applied to Niall Morgan who wasn't sent off for breaking Paddy Andrews jaw last season

Eire90

Last nights result makes next years championship more interesting from a storyline perspective the whole can the dubs bounce back and regain the title thing.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: clarshack on August 15, 2021, 07:12:29 PM

Last night reminded me of the Dubs in the bad old days of the Pillar era when the likes of Whelo would just bust some man straight from the the throw-in and get away with it.

Last time Dublin lost regularly. So was it always there?

Dubs lost their cool, then the plot, then the game

Farrandeelin

100% agree with your last paragraph. Apparently one of the Dublin players spat in the face of one of the Mayo players in the tunnel after the game as well. Hope he hasn't Covid if true.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 15, 2021, 09:28:00 PM

100% agree with your last paragraph. Apparently one of the Dublin players spat in the face of one of the Mayo players in the tunnel after the game as well. Hope he hasn't Covid if true.

Where have you heard this?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 15, 2021, 09:09:01 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 15, 2021, 07:12:29 PM

Last time Dublin lost regularly. So was it always there?

Dubs lost their cool, then the plot, then the game

Apparently Kilkenny lost his shit in the dressing room. Called Dessie Farrell an imposter and fanny-pad and told him to fcuk off back to milking a living from the GPA. Gravy train heading south.

ONeill

How many Dublin players were on the field at the end? 12 or 13?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2021, 10:10:03 PM
How many Dublin players were on the field at the end? 12 or 13?

13. Should've been 12 but actually 14 if you count the ref

tyrone08

Sunday game showing a few more strikes by the small brothers. Absolute tramps, closed fist off the ball strikes.

WhoDat

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 15, 2021, 09:28:00 PM

who was spitting? find it hard to believe as dublin headed back into the dressing rooms while mayo stayed on the pitch a while after

Halfquarter

Quote from: Sportacus on August 15, 2021, 11:58:20 AM
Ach I really hope he's ok for the final and it's not a broken jaw.  How the ref let play continue I do not know.
I remember Dublin emptying Peter Crowley with a late hit in the last play of the semi-final a few years ago and the ref ignored it that day as well and it swung the game. 
Yesterday was ridiculous, the ref actually kept looking back, it was clear McLaughlin hit the ground like a sack of spuds, but he let Dublin if for a goal chance anyway.

Disgusting piece of thuggery from Small,double broken jaw for McLaughlin, will miss the All Ireland.

As for McStay not calling it out, he's gone way down in my estimation.