Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Blowitupref

Quote from: yellowcard on August 14, 2021, 09:07:19 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2021, 09:03:55 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on August 14, 2021, 08:32:52 PM
Well done to Mayo but this is not the final, they still have to get over Kerry.
Uneasy is the head that wears the crown.

Delighted for Mayo but I would fancy Kerry very strongly, would be delighted to proven wrong.

Kerry will be strong favourites, I think when the dust settles most people will see that. However Mayo will gain great confidence and energy from that performance. It's a much more appealing spectacle for a neutral than watching Dublin suck the life out of the game through long spells of aimless possession. The best defence up against the best attack.

Shouldn't be strong favourites, any team that are good enough to take out Dublin will be well noted by the punters.

Team with the best defence is normally what wins the majority of All Ireland finals.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

grounded

Well done Mayo. Hope they go all the way now.

tyrone08

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 14, 2021, 08:55:40 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on August 14, 2021, 08:51:57 PM
Philly McMahon comes on and costs Dublin the game with his shite antics. The world is healing.

Was thinking that myself. You'd have to be p!ssed's of with him if you were a dub.

Been a long time coming. Before the throw in for the start of extra time he was caught in camera nipping a mayo man who then returned the favour. Phily was then shouting at the ref showing him what happened to him. Horrendous man on the pitch.

clarshack

I'd say Cluxton will come out now and say he retired before the start of the championship.

weareros

Amazing performance by Mayo and big congrats to all from the Plains of the Yews. Fitting really that they were the team to bring Dublin's reign to an end, given that they were their only real rival during that time. Dublin were super champions, but you could see the class of subs coming on were nowhere near the level of the past. Horan has done some job rebuilding Mayo. I see all-Ireland as 50/50 given the strength of Mayo's backs against a potent Kerry forward line (assuming no semi goes ahead).

Rudi

Fair play to Mayo. Horan is an excellent manager. Fair play to Cora for rightly calling out the ref at the end of the 70 mins. Hennelly deserves credit for 3 excellent frees.
Dublin were an indisciplined pack of bully boys, sore losers, no bench & where was the great Brian Fenton? When the going got tough he disappeared. Last time we will see Pilly on a pitch, maybe a late late appearance with Tubs.
Again fair play to Mayo enjoy a great win.

Mayo4Sam14

No man has gotten more stick, from our fans and other. But he's showed up and performed year in and out. Well we wouldn't be in a final without him today. Three gargantuan points and not a stray kickout all day.

Round of applause for Hennelly today 👏🏻💚❤️
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

BennyCake

Quote from: Rudi on August 14, 2021, 09:47:07 PM
Fair play to Mayo. Horan is an excellent manager. Fair play to Cora for rightly calling out the ref at the end of the 70 mins. Hennelly deserves credit for 3 excellent frees.
Dublin were an indisciplined pack of bully boys, sore losers, no bench & where was the great Brian Fenton? When the going got tough he disappeared. Last time we will see Pilly on a pitch, maybe a late late appearance with Tubs.

I never thought he was great. A vastly overrated player. When the chips were down, he was nowhere to be found.

mrdeeds

Quote from: BennyCake on August 14, 2021, 09:51:40 PM

I never thought he was great. A vastly overrated player. When the chips were down, he was nowhere to be found.

Ah lads as much as I'm happy to see Mayo winning don't rewrite History. Today was his first championship loss.

yellowcard

Judging a players merit on one match is not being fair. By any metric Fenton has been the outstanding midfield player of his generation most rational observers will see that. Just another example of anti Dubs bias clouding somebody's judgement. It's understandable that the country revel in the Dubs defeat but I think this group of players will only get the credit they deserve in years to come. Right now it's just very good for Gaelic football that they were beaten.

Rudi

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 14, 2021, 09:49:19 PM
No man has gotten more stick, from our fans and other. But he's showed up and performed year in and out. Well we wouldn't be in a final without him today. Three gargantuan points and not a stray kickout all day.

Round of applause for Hennelly today 👏🏻💚❤️

I was in Castlebar the night we beat Mayo, Hennelly had a bad evening. The Mayo fans reaction  to him was disgusting, I felt bad for him. Tonight he can have his head held high.

reddgnhand

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 14, 2021, 09:53:00 PM

Ah lads as much as I'm happy to see Mayo winning don't rewrite History. Today was his first championship loss.

Had to laugh at this shite. He's a fantastic footballer. I'd love to have the medals that lad has and be called underrated.

joemamas

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on August 14, 2021, 08:42:17 PM
Congrats to the Mayo supporters, throughly deserved victory.

Thanks
Shocked especially after the first half.
You always provide honest and interesting blogs on Galway, unlike some of new WUM.

BennyCake

Quote from: yellowcard on August 14, 2021, 10:07:25 PM

Judging a players merit on one match is not being fair. By any metric Fenton has been the outstanding midfield player of his generation most rational observers will see that. Just another example of anti Dubs bias clouding somebody's judgement. It's understandable that the country revel in the Dubs defeat but I think this group of players will only get the credit they deserve in years to come. Right now it's just very good for Gaelic football that they were beaten.

It's not based on one match. I always thought he was overrated.