Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Mayo4Sam14

I'd rather watch mayo get bet by 20 points by Kerry, at least they were good at football. This is rugby, pass around for 10 minutes, head down and charge, as many steps as you like. Free in. Clock work.

And could someone riddle me this. Last week: hill closed, stands at 25%. This week hill at 100%, the rest of the stadium at 25%.

It'd sicken you.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

twohands!!!

Dublin completely controlling the tempo of the game.
They know well the last thing you want playing Mayo is to get into a helter-skelter fast paced game with them.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 14, 2021, 06:36:26 PM
This game looks over, wonder why Dublin been so poor up to today.

40 odd championship wins on the bounce, they've done what they needed to do so far . Dublin are an absolute machine. Mayo without COC was always gonna be a one sided affair in fairness

yellowcard

Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2021, 06:40:58 PM
Terrible misses by Mayo is what is mainly missing from making this a close game.
A goal could change things.

Dublin have built a lead up and now they have just began sucking the life out of the game in the last 10 Look in absolutely no danger whatsoever.

twohands!!!

Quote from: yellowcard on August 14, 2021, 06:44:53 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2021, 06:40:58 PM
Terrible misses by Mayo is what is mainly missing from making this a close game.
A goal could change things.

Dublin have built a lead up and now they have just began sucking the life out of the game in the last 10 Look in absolutely no danger whatsoever.

Dublin know Mayo will have to take more risks in the second half and space will open up more for the Dublin forwards.
Don't be surprised if Dublin have 3 or more goal chances in the 2nd half.

Cunny Funt

That 1st half performance by Mayo was almost a carbon copy of their 1st half performance in the Connacht final.

Dublin was very good 1st half v Meath only to fade badly 2nd half so we'll see what's in store for the 2nd half today.

Schkite

What a non event of a match. The injuries were always going to make it difficult for Mayo, but Jesus, they're not putting up any sort of fight. All the talk has been of how this is finally the year where Dublin are there for the taking, but Mayo don't look up for it at all.

Such a weird year, people say Dublin are regressing and yet they'll be in the AI final without any sort of a challenge. And Kerry are the heir apparent in many people's eyes, and yet they haven't had a challenge either and seem like they'll not even get a semi final to play.

tyrone08

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 14, 2021, 06:43:05 PM
I'd rather watch mayo get bet by 20 points by Kerry, at least they were good at football. This is rugby, pass around for 10 minutes, head down and charge, as many steps as you like. Free in. Clock work.

And could someone riddle me this. Last week: hill closed, stands at 25%. This week hill at 100%, the rest of the stadium at 25%.

It'd sicken you.

It's unreal. The amount of bending over backwards to please the dubs is unbelievable. It's a disgrace.

Hound

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 14, 2021, 06:43:05 PM

It'd sicken you.
You do realize it's Mayo playing the shite defensive football?
Leaving Aido completely isolated. Not interested in giving him support so he could layofff. He's never been prolific at point scoring, unreal to expect him to turn into one today.  And if he has runners then it could open up goal chances for himself, which he is good at.
Maybe Mayo will change tactics in the second half and give us the exciting game that Dubs v Mayo usually produces.

yellowcard

yellowcard

Mayo have at least injected a bit more pace and intensity since half time. Comerford looks good from the kick outs.

yellowcard

Another great advertisement for bringing in a rule change about passing the ball backwards. Horrible stuff to watch.

joemamas

Quote from: yellowcard on August 14, 2021, 07:07:29 PM
Another great advertisement for bringing in a rule change about passing the ball backwards. Horrible stuff to watch.

Totally agree.
If it was not Mayo playing, I would have turned it off.

Schkite

Wildweasel74