Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Tubberman

No, first appearance in 26 this year, hasnt played intercounty in 2 years,  hard to see him play more than 15 or 20
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Hound

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 14, 2021, 03:41:48 PM
Talk of Mullin togging after all? 🤔
As far as I know the 26 has to be handed in to the GAA on Wednesday or Thursday. Nobody not in the 26 can play any part, but you can change your starting line up. The only exception is if your keeper gets injured a replacement can come in. (Not sure if there are now temp additional exceptions coz of covid, but don't think so). 

So the question is whether the 26 given to the program guys is the same as the 26 given to the GAA!?
Also when both teams hand in their 26 before the deadline, are they then shared with the opposition? Maybe not, as if they were shared there'd be no reason not to share with the media at the same time.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2021, 03:48:12 PM
As far as I know the 26 has to be handed in to the GAA on Wednesday or Thursday. Nobody not in the 26 can play any part, but you can change your starting line up. The only exception is if your keeper gets injured a replacement can come in. (Not sure if there are now temp additional exceptions coz of covid, but don't think so). 

So the question is whether the 26 given to the program guys is the same as the 26 given to the GAA!?
Also when both teams hand in their 26 before the deadline, are they then shared with the opposition? Maybe not, as if they were shared there'd be no reason not to share with the media at the same time.

I thought there was changes to that rule since covid times?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

twohands!!!

Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2021, 03:48:12 PM

Nearly 100% that the rules around the 26 haven't been changed due to COVID.
Also my understanding was that the panel of 26 goes to Croke Park and they send it on to the printers of the program.
The panel of 26 isn't shared with the opposition.

Blowitupref

Mayo starting as selected. One late change for Dublin Eoin Murchan is in from the start.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

Who u supposed to social distance in the hill 16 end, they on top of each other. I never think Paul McStay played for Mayo, he's always got Dublin blinkers on.

clarshack

yellowcard

This looks ominous already, Dublin have upped the physicality and Mayo can't get the ball.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 14, 2021, 06:06:39 PM
Who u supposed to social distance in the hill 16 end, they on top of each other. I never think Paul McStay played for Mayo, he's always got Dublin blinkers on.

Paul McStay played for Celtic!

Wildweasel74

Kevin McStay, Dublin different today compared to previous games all year.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 14, 2021, 06:17:49 PM
Kevin McStay, Dublin different today compared to previous games all year.

Kevin you'll remember put his name in the hat for the Mayo job and was resoundingly turned down. He has fallen out of love for his county of birth and you notice this in commentary and his written columns.

Wildweasel74

Nanderson

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 14, 2021, 06:24:42 PM
O'Shea missed 2 easy ones
O'Shea probably wishes he could play Sligo or leitrim every week and he'd be the GOAT