Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

RedHand88

Quote from: WhoDat on August 14, 2021, 12:10:03 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 13, 2021, 10:49:49 PM
Quote from: WhoDat on August 13, 2021, 10:23:43 PM
have been hearing all is not well in the dublin camp too...wonder is there any truth to that

And pray tell me where have you been hearing all of this?

from people i know who are involved with the dublin club scene. heard it from a couple of separate sources now.

Maybe source B also heard it from source A and source A was making it up?

Hound

Reading this morning that the Basquel brothers are Mayomen!
Well, almost. Their father is from Mountbrown, not far from Westport.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2021, 08:06:34 AM

In 2016 when Ballyboden St Enda's won the Club AI, there was talk of poaching them. Just talk!

WhoDat

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2021, 07:47:37 AM
Quote from: WhoDat on August 14, 2021, 12:10:03 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 13, 2021, 10:49:49 PM
Quote from: WhoDat on August 13, 2021, 10:23:43 PM
have been hearing all is not well in the dublin camp too...wonder is there any truth to that

And pray tell me where have you been hearing all of this?

from people i know who are involved with the dublin club scene. heard it from a couple of separate sources now.

Maybe source B also heard it from source A and source A was making it up?

or maybe it's not beyond the realms of possibility that farrell is not managing the egos as well as gavin. i mean, cluxton has walked away without formal explanation, presumed to be throwing a strop because of the covid breach a few months ago, that i know for sure. wouldn't have happened under gavin.

yellowcard

Mayo's hope is largely based on the trouble within the Dublin camp and the deterioration of their form this year. Even with Dublin's defections and retirements they logically shouldn't beat Dublin when you look at the teamsheets. I just don't see where they can get the scores needed to beat Dublin they don't have enough score takers up front unless they can score 2 or 3 goals.

I just hope that the game is at least competitive going into the final quarter and we find out if Dublin still have the same levels of motivation and desire down the stretch. Mayo will need to play with a manic desire for 75+ minutes just to have a chance. 

Tubberman

Plenty of Basquels back that way, and they don't pronounce it with the French sounding emphasis at the end!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Hound

Quote from: Tubberman on August 14, 2021, 09:44:32 AM

Plenty of Basquels back that way, and they don't pronounce it with the French sounding emphasis at the end!
😄

Mayo4Sam14

Mayo to pull away in the end and win by 5, with a clean sheet. Ryan O'Donoghue man of the match.

Mayo 2-13 Dublin 0-14.

And that's the bottom line, cos Stone Cold Mayo4Sam14 said so
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

highorlow

QuoteBloody nora , give me a swig of whatever youre drinking lad

When Larry is pessimistic it's a good sign.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

yellowcard

Dublin have basically started their strongest team with not much firepower to bring off the bench. In fact both benches look ordinary in comparision to previous encounters between the sides.

Blowitupref

4 changes to both sides from last Decembers All-Ireland final.

Stephen Cluxton; Michael Fitzsimons, David Byrne, Jonny Cooper; Eoin Murchan, John Small  Robbie McDaid; Brian Fenton , James McCarthy; Niall Scully Ciaran Kilkenny , Seán Bugler  Paddy Small, Con O'Callaghan Dean Rock

Mayo: David Clarke; Chris Barrett, Oisin Mullin Lee Keegan; Patrick Durcan, Stephen Coen Eoghan McLaughlin; Conor Loftus  Matthew Ruane; Kevin McLoughlin, Ryan O'Donoghue , Diarmuid O'Connor; Tommy Conroy, Aidan O'Shea, Cillian O'Connor
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Same team for the Dubs. But question as to whether Murchan will start.  Robbie McDaid back on the bench.

Oisin not in the 26.
I see Brendan Harrison on the bench, has he been a sub all along this year?