Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

larryin89

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 13, 2021, 02:59:51 PM
Once again it's the Dubs and Mayo, and once again Mayo will be trying to get over a hurdle they have seldom managed since before the 1950s. Some people are saying the Dubs are there for the taking but I guess an amount of that is wishful thinking. Tomorrow will tell.

COYBIB

We are missing cillian and now oisin with the possibility of o hora too . Who honestly thinks we can beat Dublin with two star players out , ffs its absolutely crazy to suggest this . Full deck we had every chance but I think anyone who predicts a mayo win now needs a dose of reality . Bonkers
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Captain Obvious

Some people are saying the Dubs are there for the taking but I guess an amount of that is wishful thinking. Tomorrow will tell.

Not about wishing they are there for the taking. It's up to opposition to exploit a very vulnerable Dublin and it won't speak volumes for the main challengers Mayo and Kerry if they don't.

rosnarun

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 13, 2021, 03:22:44 PM
Once again it's the Dubs and Mayo, and once again Mayo will be trying to get over a hurdle they have seldom managed since before the 1950s. Some people are saying the Dubs are there for the taking but I guess an amount of that is wishful thinking. Tomorrow will tell.

COYBIB

TV stations have to sell advertising, Newspapers have to be sold, tickets have to be sold. Interest has to be generated by a dying GAA.
Adying GAA. thats crazy talk . maybe the top level is becpmimg fractured but Hurling was ever thus .
Look at the grass roots level things have Never been as good.
any who cant see that GAA is by far the most dominant sport in the country is making the figures fit the facts .
the biggest real problem the gaa have at the moment is ensuring the facilites coaches and referees for all who want to play .
a fra cry fromFull Croke park but thats the strenght of the GAA
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mayo4Sam14

Just leaving Terryland park, with my Mayo jersey on, Galway United have beaten Dublin club Shelbourne (who were unbeaten all season until now) 3-0.

Good omen? 🤔
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Rossfan

No.
Them soccer crowd probably had bet on themselves to lose 3 -0.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2021, 10:00:43 PM
No.
Them soccer crowd probably had bet on themselves to lose 3 -0.

Ah now, they're not Limerick or Athlone !
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

WhoDat

have been hearing all is not well in the dublin camp too...wonder is there any truth to that

From the Bunker

Quote from: rosnarun on August 13, 2021, 04:49:04 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 13, 2021, 03:22:44 PM

COYBIB

TV stations have to sell advertising, Newspapers have to be sold, tickets have to be sold. Interest has to be generated by a dying GAA.
Adying GAA. thats crazy talk . maybe the top level is becpmimg fractured but Hurling was ever thus .
Look at the grass roots level things have Never been as good.
any who cant see that GAA is by far the most dominant sport in the country is making the figures fit the facts .
the biggest real problem the gaa have at the moment is ensuring the facilites coaches and referees for all who want to play .
a fra cry fromFull Croke park but thats the strenght of the GAA

Apologies, the dying intercounty football game.

From the Bunker

Quote from: WhoDat on August 13, 2021, 10:23:43 PM
have been hearing all is not well in the dublin camp too...wonder is there any truth to that

And pray tell me where have you been hearing all of this?

hoynevalley

Great chance for Mayo tomorrow. I think they win by 4. Tommy Conroy and Ryan O'Donoghue in top form and keep O'Shea inside. The dubs goalie and full back line is their weakness.  Ryan O'Donoghue is top class freetaker. Only one free missed in 3 games and will need same again tomorrow. The dubs look poor this year. Mayo need to take advantage.

larryin89

Bloody nora , give me a swig of whatever youre drinking lad

hoynevalley

Mullen and O'Hora will be fit for tomorrow.

larryin89

mullen is out for up to four months , wont tog again this year, sin e.

WhoDat

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 13, 2021, 10:49:49 PM
Quote from: WhoDat on August 13, 2021, 10:23:43 PM

And pray tell me where have you been hearing all of this?

from people i know who are involved with the dublin club scene. heard it from a couple of separate sources now.

Hound

Anyone get sight of program screenshots yet?