Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

highorlow

Evan Comerford;
Michael Fitzsimons,
David Byrne,
Jonny Cooper;
Brian Howard,
John Small,
Seán McMahon;
Brian Fenton,
James McCarthy;
Paddy Small,
Ciarán Kilkenny,
Niall Scully;
Cormac Costello,
Con O'Callaghan,
Dean Rock.

That was the Dublin team v Kildare the last day.

Outside of Fitzimons I'd have the defence is ordinary enough. Cian O'Sullivan's boots have yet to be filled IMO. The key battle in this game is Fenton v Ruane. Hopefully Coen will manage McCarthy.

In saying all that if Horan starts the next day without K.McLoughlin in a sweeper role we too, with our suspect defence will be torn asunder by the like of Costello, Scully and O'Callaghan.

Did Dublin name thier referree for the match yet?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Hound

If Mayo play a sweeper, that gifts Dublin a sweeper (I.e. 6 backs against 5 forwards). We'll be hoping that happens but not expecting it.

Whingeing about the ref already. Not untypical of some Mayo fans.
I've heard it's Conor Lane. Would be very close to the bottom of my wish list.  But I haven't checked if that's true.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: highorlow on August 12, 2021, 05:29:37 PM
Evan Comerford;
Michael Fitzsimons,
David Byrne,
Jonny Cooper;
Brian Howard,
John Small,
Seán McMahon;
Brian Fenton,
James McCarthy;
Paddy Small,
Ciarán Kilkenny,
Niall Scully;
Cormac Costello,
Con O'Callaghan,
Dean Rock.

That was the Dublin team v Kildare the last day.

Outside of Fitzimons I'd have the defence is ordinary enough. Cian O'Sullivan's boots have yet to be filled IMO. The key battle in this game is Fenton v Ruane. Hopefully Coen will manage McCarthy.

In saying all that if Horan starts the next day without K.McLoughlin in a sweeper role we too, with our suspect defence will be torn asunder by the like of Costello, Scully and O'Callaghan.

Did Dublin name thier referree for the match yet?

I would hold back McLoughlin alright
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

highorlow

Lighten up, the ref thing was meant as a joke. Ye are getting fierce sensitive.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

greatpoint

Dublin to win relatively comfortably, more like last year's final than the 2019 semi.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hound on August 12, 2021, 05:42:57 PM
If Mayo play a sweeper, that gifts Dublin a sweeper (I.e. 6 backs against 5 forwards). We'll be hoping that happens but not expecting it.

Whingeing about the ref already. Not untypical of some Mayo fans.
I've heard it's Conor Lane. Would be very close to the bottom of my wish list.  But I haven't checked if that's true.

It is Conor Lane.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: larryin89 on August 12, 2021, 08:44:28 PM
Oisin out , 100%.

Could we worst, could have twenty players out like Tyrone have

larryin89

Might as well have 20 players .

Btw I dont know what to believe now,  there's some amount of fuckery going on through the WhatsApp and what have ya , I was told two completely different stories inside ten mins of each other.

Tubberman

Quote from: larryin89 on August 12, 2021, 09:09:07 PM
Might as well have 20 players .

Btw I dont know what to believe now,  there's some amount of fuckery going on through the WhatsApp and what have ya , I was told two completely different stories inside ten mins of each other.

So what % are you at now Larry?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

larryin89

Never been as confused but yes I believe my first source and not the other ridiculous made up stuff.

Oisin out , eoghan in .

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: larryin89 on August 12, 2021, 09:31:27 PM
Never been as confused but yes I believe my first source and not the other ridiculous made up stuff.

Oisin out , eoghan in .

And I have full faith in him and the rest of the lads to step up.

Seamie OShea had a great response when asked about COC injury.

He says, it's very cut throat, but when you're not there you're not there. Simple as. It's an opportunity for others to step up, and I believe they will. Oisín Mullin is a brilliant footballer, but that's it. He's not superman either.

Depress yourselves all ye want, we have as good a chance as anyone (for the next 48 hours at least). Enjoy it.

Farrandeelin

All we know at this stage is that Oisín is injured. If it's year-ending or not we don't know yet. I'll continue to hope he's not badly injured and will play some part on Saturday. What we don't want is O'Hora AND himself not at full throttle.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 12, 2021, 09:47:19 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 12, 2021, 09:31:27 PM

Oisin out , eoghan in .

And I have full faith in him and the rest of the lads to step up.

Seamie OShea had a great response when asked about COC injury.

He says, it's very cut throat, but when you're not there you're not there. Simple as. It's an opportunity for others to step up, and I believe they will. Oisín Mullin is a brilliant footballer, but that's it. He's not superman either.

Depress yourselves all ye want, we have as good a chance as anyone (for the next 48 hours at least). Enjoy it.

+1

From the Bunker