Mayo v Dublin: AISF21 (Saturday 14th August)

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 01, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo or Dublin?

Mayo
36 (50%)
Dublin
36 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: August 14, 2021, 05:34:03 PM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Hound on August 10, 2021, 11:10:54 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 10, 2021, 10:59:57 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 09, 2021, 07:06:05 PM
The home team is entitled to have who ever they want as half time entertainment. You don't have the Dubs complaining about half time entertainment when they play away from home.
That's interesting but are all games involving Dublin regarded as home games? What about semis and finals? Do Dublin "host" those games?
FFS Lar, you're actually taking that post seriously  ::)
Who said I was? ;D
95% of the time on Mayo Dublin threads I'm pisstaking as the vast majority of posters from both sides doesn't listen to the other side . A case of keep 'er lit.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo Border on August 10, 2021, 11:21:06 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 10, 2021, 11:10:54 AM
The home team is entitled to have who ever they want as half time entertainment. You don't have the Dubs complaining about half time entertainment when they play away from home.
That's interesting but are all games involving Dublin regarded as home games? What about semis and finals? Do Dublin "host" those games?
FFS Lar, you're actually taking that post seriously  ::)
Being Dublin's home ground means they have to sweep out the changing rooms after the match. Have you not seen the videos?
No, but I believe Des Cahill.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40346108.html%3ftype=amp

Meath winning second half again is irrelevant,  Jim gavin's planes , Aslan junkie fella, imelda may , I could go on and on , it has nothing to do with the football being played . I am a gaa member,  croke park  is hq , take your bias Dublin shite out of it . Sin e .

As for the Meath poster there in with his tuppence in typical alpha Meath bravado . If ye woke the fook up and took them to navan it would be ye that would be contesting sat semi final but ye keep believing it is in the interest of fairness and the like of the faux doctor boylan . I'm sure ye will eventually beat them , fools . Bow to your master's
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

whitey

What are the chances of Kellie Harrington getting a rousing introduction at some point on Saturday?

JoG2

Quote from: larryin89 on August 10, 2021, 06:48:03 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40346108.html%3ftype=amp

Meath winning second half again is irrelevant,  Jim gavin's planes , Aslan junkie fella, imelda may , I could go on and on , it has nothing to do with the football being played . I am a gaa member,  croke park  is hq , take your bias Dublin shite out of it . Sin e .

As for the Meath poster there in with his tuppence in typical alpha Meath bravado . If ye woke the fook up and took them to navan it would be ye that would be contesting sat semi final but ye keep believing it is in the interest of fairness and the like of the faux doctor boylan . I'm sure ye will eventually beat them , fools . Bow to your master's

Please don't

highorlow

Larry is bang on the money in relation to Meath.

The MacEntee v Gilroy debate on the SG a few years back was embarrassing. Gilroy opened the door for MacEntee that night when he started comparing Dublin to the great KK hurling team, MacEntee didn't have the answer.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2021, 09:29:08 PM
What are the chances of Kellie Harrington getting a rousing introduction at some point on Saturday?

I'd say they'll start her... bring her off before half time then back on with 10 mins to go. The crowd will go crazy
Hasta la victoria siempre

From the Bunker

The games are in county Dublin. The games are played in the same venue Dublin play their home games in the League. Dublin players live in and are from Dublin. I'd bet most that are employed in Croke Park are from Dublin. I'd bet most of these employees are on a first name basis with Most of the Dublin players and Management.

whitey

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 11, 2021, 01:38:09 AM

The games are in county Dublin. The games are played in the same venue Dublin play their home games in the League. Dublin players live in and are from Dublin. I'd bet most that are employed in Croke Park are from Dublin. I'd bet most of these employees are on a first name basis with Most of the Dublin players and Management.

FFS wasn't Dean Rocks grandfather the head groundskeeper for years at Croke Park

Hound

So I see you are retracting the statement that Meath management complained about the half time music. That was a falsehood.

Instead, it was a couple of Meath fans objected to David Bowie's 'Let's Dance' !!   😆

So let's ignore the fact that music is always played when teams return to the field but if a team comes out too early or too late, they may miss that. Although not a single player would ever even notice.

You're an embarrassment to your county players, but your conspiracy nonsense is absolutely hilarious

I'm off to listen to Let's Dance, to really rev me up for the day 🥰

StPatsAbu

Quote from: whitey on August 11, 2021, 01:47:45 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 11, 2021, 01:38:09 AM

FFS wasn't Dean Rocks grandfather the head groundskeeper for years at Croke Park

If that's true he'd be revolving in his grave at Rocks asking for €1000s to coach amateur teams in free-taking

TheGreatest

Must of missed this, wow... Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel, would be satisfied with winning the next 1000 Leinster's championships, as long as Meath never win another one. People talk about Leinster not meaning anything anymore, it does, means a lot, especially those who suffered Leinster embarrassing defeats.

Dubhaltach

Quote from: Hound on August 11, 2021, 07:40:38 AM

So I see you are retracting the statement that Meath management complained about the half time music. That was a falsehood.

Instead, it was a couple of Meath fans objected to David Bowie's 'Let's Dance' !!   😆

So let's ignore the fact that music is always played when teams return to the field but if a team comes out too early or too late, they may miss that. Although not a single player would ever even notice.

You're an embarrassment to your county players, but your conspiracy nonsense is absolutely hilarious

Not true Hound. I remember the exact same thing happening with 'Let's Dance' at the Mayo Dublin Semi final in 2019. Very unlikely that both Mayo and Meath would have just 'came out too early.'

While this had little impact on the result, its just another one of the small advantages Dublin enjoy year in year out.

Hound

Quote from: Dubhaltach on August 11, 2021, 10:58:12 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 11, 2021, 07:40:38 AM

Not true Hound. I remember the exact same thing happening with 'Let's Dance' at the Mayo Dublin Semi final in 2019. Very unlikely that both Mayo and Meath would have just 'came out too early.'

While this had little impact on the result, its just another one of the small advantages Dublin enjoy year in year out.
There was music being played throughout half time kn 2019
When that song came on, both teams were out
It's not feckin MollyMalone!
Nobody pays any attention to the song playing when a team comes out as it's drowned out by the cheers
It didn't have little impact, it had no impact
It is not a small advantage, it is no advantage.

I agree it's in your heads alright.

From the Bunker

Game day is all about familiarity. Players pack their kit bags in a certain way. They have a mental timeline of going from their home to the match. They have routines that fill the day on match day. This carries into the ground as to where a player sits, dressing room stretches and warm ups.

Now if the music blaring from the PA adds to that familiarity, it's all a help. It adds to the continued familiarity and the routine.

Once again, we are forgetting these are home matches for Dublin. 90% of the people employed in Croke Park are from Dublin. What do you expect? If the game was in McHale Park, the Mayo PA would do exactly the same. I don't understand how nobody sees this. This has been the case going on close on two decades now.

The Hill is open this weekend because the home team is playing. In previous years when there was a season ticket, No other county could buy Hill season tickets? Why? The answer is obvious.